PDA

View Full Version : Will Mike Heimerdinger be the Off/Coord

trutexan67
01-18-2006, 09:02 AM
Do you guys think if & when Gary Kubiak get he HC job for the Texans, will he hire Mike Heimerdinger for off/coor? Being that they work together for the Broncos. It's been said that he cleaned out his things in the Jets office.I think he could be a good OC.

ArlingtonTexan
01-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Do you guys think if & when Gary Kubiak get he HC job for the Texans, will he hire Mike Heimerdinger for off/coor? Being that they work together for the Broncos. It's been said that he cleaned out his things in the Jets office.I think he could be a good OC.

The rumor has been that he would replace Kubiak in Denver.

trutexan67
01-18-2006, 09:08 AM
I didn't here that rumor. But it does makes since.

Jack Bauer
01-18-2006, 09:20 AM
The rumor has been that he would replace Kubiak in Denver.

That is the one I heard.

cuppacoffee
01-18-2006, 04:27 PM

I read this in profootball.com everyones favorite rumor mill :challenge

"But that dynamic hasn't stopped Kubiak, we hear, from getting guys ready to join him after he's named the new head coach of the Texans within days after the Broncos wrap up their season."

Sounds like he is lining up a staff, we just won't know who for a little while longer.

swisher
01-18-2006, 06:17 PM
On a side note...won't it be great when other teams are stealing our coordinaters for their head coaching vacancy?

O.G.
01-18-2006, 07:57 PM
On a side note...won't it be great when other teams are stealing our coordinaters for their head coaching vacancy?

Those are the days I am so longing for!!!! :redtowel:

El Tejano
01-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Dinger is a sorry OC. He got kicked out of Tenn and he blew chunks in New York.

Glacier
01-19-2006, 03:03 PM
there was also some speculation that he could be on his way to Dallas to take over for Payton.

done88
01-20-2006, 10:49 AM
Looks like he will be bcak with the Jets like it or not.

Jack Bauer
01-20-2006, 10:50 AM
Looks like he will be bcak with the Jets like it or not.

I don't think he will stay. I know they are trying to force him to stay, but the Jets will realize this is not the best situation and let him leave (pure conjecture on my part). Now where he goes, I don't know.

HoustonFrog
01-20-2006, 11:21 AM
I don't think he will stay. I know they are trying to force him to stay, but the Jets will realize this is not the best situation and let him leave (pure conjecture on my part). Now where he goes, I don't know.

Jets retained him

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2298563

Jack Bauer
01-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Jets retained him

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2298563

I had already read that story when I posted. See this statement out of the article:

Heimerdinger's agent, Bob Lamonte, told the Star-Ledger that his client is "grossly unhappy" and hopes there is a way to "work toward an amicable conclusion."

I think they will try to work something out so he can leave. I think he already has his sights set on another OC position.

HoustonFrog
01-20-2006, 12:18 PM
I had already read that story when I posted. See this statement out of the article:I think they will try to work something out so he can leave. I think he already has his sights set on another OC position.

Thanks!I really don't think much of him anyways but I was looking at ESPN when I saw this thread and just thought I'd throw it in.

jerek
01-20-2006, 12:18 PM
Am I the only one that laughed when I read the name 'Heimerdinger?'

Hahahaha.

I'm sorry ... I know that is not relevant. I'm not dissing the guy, and if he'll help us win games, sign me up.

But you have to admit, it's a funny name.

Go Kubiak!!!

Runner
01-20-2006, 12:37 PM
The part of the country where I was born and raised has a lot of names that end in some variation of "dinger" so I barely noticed