PDA

View Full Version : London Gone

Capster67
01-16-2006, 05:21 PM
I just read that London was hired by the University of Virigina to be their defensive coordinator. Good luck Mike and thanks for a great year of work with the defensive line!

bdiddy
01-16-2006, 05:35 PM
I just read that London was hired by the University of Virigina to be their defensive coordinator. Good luck Mike and thanks for a great year of work with the defensive line!

Do you have a link? I was hoping we could retain London.

MorKnolle
01-16-2006, 05:37 PM
Indeed London was one of the few coaches on the team that I would not have minded seeing stay here, but then again I'm glad to see he got a good coaching opportunity elsewhere.

HoustonFan
01-16-2006, 05:39 PM
I wish him the best.

Double Barrel
01-16-2006, 06:42 PM
I wish all our former coaches the best in life. No use wasting any of our life's finite energy to hate. :)

TEXANS84
01-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Do you have a link? I was hoping we could retain London.

Confirmed,kffl.com.

NCAA | London hired as defensive coordinator
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:07:57 -0800

The University of Virginia announced they have hired Houston Texans defensive line coach Mike London as their new defensive coordinator.

hot pickle
01-16-2006, 09:25 PM
hey can someone fill me in on coach hoke

people were saying that texas A&M might want him, or is he staying with the texans?

MorKnolle
01-16-2006, 10:16 PM
hey can someone fill me in on coach hoke

people were saying that texas A&M might want him, or is he staying with the texans?

A&M already signed a defensive coordinator so Hoke won't go there. I wouldn't be surprised if Kubiak keeps Hoke on as DB coach or maybe even defensive coordinator.

touttail
01-17-2006, 06:40 AM
I wish all our former coaches the best in life. No use wasting any of our life's finite energy to hate. :)

Great point !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobby 119C

gtexan02
12-09-2009, 01:17 PM
London just got hired to replace Al Groh as head coach at the University of Virginia.

I don't remember London much from the Texans. Anyone have any insight?

Feel free to move this to the college football forum

El Tejano
12-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Al Groh is Kubiak's buddy and Schaub's former coach.

2slik4u
12-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Except for GM's. I wish Casserly's stupid face the worst in the future.

Texan4Ever
12-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Does anyone know if Virginia is changing there defense? They usually run a 3-3-5 and with London as there DC, I sense that they may switch to a 4-3.

Hooston Texan
12-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Does anyone know if Virginia is changing there defense? They usually run a 3-3-5 and with London as there DC, I sense that they may switch to a 4-3.

UVA usually ran a pure 3-4 under Groh, though they may have used a 3-3-5 look this year. I didn't waste much time watching the Hoos play this season--one of the dreariest teams in all of college football.

It's an open question as to whether London keeps the 3-4 or goes to a 4-3. It took UVA about five years under Groh to fully "get" the 3-4 defense, and they really only got good at it when London came back as the defensive coordinator after leaving the Texans. Of course, having Chris Long helped, but previous UVA defenses featured NFLers like Chris Canty, Ahmad Brooks and Darryl Blackstock while underachieved mightily. That's why Schaub set so many passing records in Charlottesville: the Hoos had to throw during his time there.

If London can figure out the QB position, UVA can be good again. What doomed Groh was that his QB play deteriorated each year after Schaub (whom Groh inherited and then benched on multiple occasions) until finally bottoming out the last few years.

I was surprised folks had such good things to say about a position coach who was here during the 2-14 abomination. Did you all think London did a good job with the 2005 defensive line?