PDA

View Full Version : Denver vs. New England

texan279
01-14-2006, 09:36 PM
I can't figure out who I want to win. I want Kubiak announced as our HC ASAP, but I would also like to see him get to the Super Bowl. I am at work and only catching bits and pieces of the game, can't tell if it's a good defensive battle or crappy offesive output. Either way, Shanahan going for it on 4th and 1 around New Englad's 5 yard line earlier and not making it could come back to bite him in the butt if the game stays close like this.

Tulip
01-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Jake Plummer is not making a good case for picking up David Carr's option right now.

ccdude730
01-14-2006, 09:41 PM
id say its more of a defensive battle right now

nunusguy
01-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Jake Plummer is not making a good case for picking up David Carr's option right now.
Huh ? The Plummer interception was a great play by the DB, not a bad throw
by Plummer. But I don't get the link between Plummer & Carr ?

ccdude730
01-14-2006, 09:46 PM
probably a bad call right there, but if samuels kept his head up looking for the ball, it wouldnt have been called IMO

texan279
01-14-2006, 09:46 PM

He's played one quarter of so/so football. He put up great numbers during the regular season and went forever during the regular season without throwing an INT.

nunusguy
01-14-2006, 09:47 PM
That interference call was a joke ! JC ref, let em play this is the NFL playoffs
afterall.

texan279
01-14-2006, 09:48 PM

Because some here think Kubiak can turn Carr's career around. They have used Plummer as an example by pointing out what he did in Arizona (nothing) compared to what he has done since coming to Denver and playing under Kubiak.

disaacks3
01-14-2006, 09:49 PM
That interference call was a joke ! JC ref, let em play this is the NFL playoffs afterall. New England has gotten away with MORE interference calls in the playoffs the last few years than anybody. If it takes this to get even, then so be it.

Tulip
01-14-2006, 09:50 PM

Not just the interception. Also the lovely pass on 3rd and 2.

The link is the renewed faith amongst fans that Carr will become great because Kubiak will play Obi-Wan to David's Luke Skywalker just like he did with Jake Plummer.

disaacks3
01-14-2006, 09:51 PM

The link is the renewed faith amongst fans that Carr will become great because Kubiak will play Obi-Wan to David's Luke Skywalker just like he did with Jake Plummer. So Vince Vader can go to Lord Palpatine in Tennessee? :stirpot:

ccdude730
01-14-2006, 09:51 PM
kubiak can do wonders here, but if jake ends up having a bad game (not that bad right now) i dont think its a sign of what carr's games will be like

texan279
01-14-2006, 09:52 PM

The link is the renewed faith amongst fans that Carr will become great because Kubiak will play Obi-Wan to David's Luke Skywalker just like he did with Jake Plummer.

I'll believe Kubes can turn Carr around before I believe Vince is our saviour sent from above...

texan279
01-14-2006, 09:52 PM
So Vince Vader can go to Lord Palpatine in Tennessee? :stirpot:

lol: I need a new keyboard now.

Tulip
01-14-2006, 09:54 PM
Reason of the day to love the Texans' new coaching staff:

After NE's first fumble, the first offensive play called was a pass into the end zone. Taking advantage of a momentum change...what a concept.

disaacks3
01-14-2006, 09:58 PM
I'm really torn about this game....

I want Denver to 'take out' the Pats, but....
I want the Texans to be able to get our new coach in here ASAP!!

nunusguy
01-14-2006, 09:59 PM
That's a tenuous link to say the least, but Carr is far more talented than
Plummer who's got maybe a B- minus arm on a day when he's winging it
real good.
But back to the game, NE has coughed it up twice, playing in one of the toughest environment in the league and Denver is absolutely thrilled they're
up by a TD. Don't count the Pats out, they are the Champs.

Tulip
01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm really torn about this game....

I want Denver to 'take out' the Pats, but....
I want the Texans to be able to get our new coach in here ASAP!!

Ditto. It's quite the conundrum.

texan279
01-14-2006, 10:06 PM
I wonder if Kubes could bring Larry Coyer with him. I didn't know Denver's defense was that good. I checked and they were ranked 2nd against the run in the NFL in 2005. New England put up like 28 on the Jags defense and have only scored 3 points on Denver's defense. Coyer took all of the linemen that were supposed busts from Cleveland and is making it work. Or maybe I just have the man love for all of the Broncs coordinators... :tv:

beerlover
01-14-2006, 10:09 PM
Because some here think Kubiak can turn Carr's career around. They have used Plummer as an example by pointing out what he did in Arizona (nothing) compared to what he has done since coming to Denver and playing under Kubiak.

since I started the Plummer vs. Carr thread you should know its not to vince-dicate Carr :rofl:

HoustonFrog
01-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Well it looks like some NE turnovers and refs blowing two huge calls are delaying our announcement of a coach after 1 half. I get so frustrated when refs start putting their thumbprints on games. Bad pass int. and a missed false start on the FG.

Jack Bauer
01-14-2006, 10:14 PM
Bad pass int. and a missed false start on the FG.

In slow motion it was only a fraction of a second before the snap. I don't think it was visible to the naked eye.

I agree with the pass interference call. That should NOT have been interference.

Tulip
01-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Most shallow reason I want the Patriots to lose: so I won't have to look at Bill Belichick's drab-clothed self on the sidelines any more this year.

texan279
01-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Most shallow reason I want the Patriots to lose: so I won't have to look at Bill Belichick's drab-clothed self on the sidelines any more this year.

That and they have won what 3 of the last 4? And Brady is whining about not getting any respect. I mean what more can we say about them?

Tulip
01-14-2006, 10:21 PM
That and they have won what 3 of the last 4? And Brady is whining about not getting any respect. I mean what more can we say about them?

I don't know any NFL player who gets his rear end kissed by the media than Tom Brady. It's nauseating. His whining just makes it worse.

edo783
01-14-2006, 10:22 PM

NFL access asked Tom about that he just kind of smiled. Just trying to pump his team.

edo783
01-14-2006, 10:24 PM
Guess this isn't the Bush bowl, kickers are hitting it. LOL

HoustonFrog
01-14-2006, 10:29 PM
Usually I get tired of the same team winning but I really respect the Patriots. They are a class organization and I have a hard time cheering against them. They do it right. Of course I am a Cowboy fan too...no boos..grew up in Ft. Worth..and I can see why people didn't like them in the early 90s.

The pass interference was a joke and should have been a non-call or offensive. The ball wasn't even catchable. It seemed to me that the guy almost came out of his stance on the FG but it was split second. Still, seems like they are having things go their way.

texan279
01-14-2006, 10:29 PM
Guess this isn't the Bush bowl, kickers are hitting it. LOL

That is another thing I was just thinkg about. How many Super Bowl/playoff wins would the patsies have if Vinateri wasn't around? I still remember when he kicked that FG to beat us our first season...

Mario Williams
01-14-2006, 10:30 PM
Plummer is pretty good.

edo783
01-14-2006, 10:31 PM
There's the slant again. When's the last time we threw one? Used to and they worked well..a couple of long TDs. Of course, we then abandond them. Bet they come back.

texan279
01-14-2006, 10:35 PM
There's the slant again. When's the last time we threw one? Used to and they worked well..a couple of long TDs. Of course, we then abandond them. Bet they come back.

I have a feeling we could be seeing things next season that up to this point we have only dreamed of...

texan279
01-14-2006, 10:41 PM
What an interception return by Bailey!!! Get that man some oxygen!!!

Tulip
01-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Wow. I did NOT see that coming.

nunusguy
01-14-2006, 10:42 PM
What an interception return by Bailey!!! Get that man some oxygen!!!
Looked like Coleman in KC last year. Even the great QBs screw up now and then.

texan279
01-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Looked like Coleman in KC last year. Even the great QBs screw up now and then.

Are they challenging that he fumbled into the end zone? I have no sound on the TV here at work.

edo783
01-14-2006, 10:46 PM
Are they challenging that he fumbled into the end zone? I have no sound on the TV here at work.

Yes they are. Play stands. Not conclusive that it did.

Carr Bombed
01-14-2006, 10:46 PM
The Broncos are beating the patriots at they're own game

Tulip
01-14-2006, 10:47 PM
The ruling was the he fumbled out of bounds at the 1. Patriots are challenging, saying that he fumbled into the end zone.

texan279
01-14-2006, 10:48 PM
It should be at least 20-3 right now. Hope that 4th and 1 the Broncs went for and failed in the 1st half doesn't haunt them even though it doesn't look like it will for now anyway.

Carr Bombed
01-14-2006, 10:48 PM
This stinks, I wanted Kubiak out so we can go ahead and make his hire official and he could get cracking on his staff.

HoustonFrog
01-14-2006, 10:49 PM
The Broncos are beating the patriots at they're own game

The Patriots are getting jobbed. How is that not a touchback?It went shooting right out of the back of the endzone. That WAS conclusive. What a piece game. One team dominateds and watches call after call turn the tide. Turnovers are not good but that is three for three with the refs.

Tulip
01-14-2006, 10:49 PM
Call stands. Broncos' ball at the 1 yard line.

texan279
01-14-2006, 10:50 PM
The Patriots are getting jobbed. How is that not a touchback?It went shooting right out of the back of the endzone. That WAS conclusive. What a piece game. One team dominateds and watches call after call turn the tide. Turnovers are not good but that is three for three with the refs.

To me unless there was an aerial view from the top of the stadium like MNF has, you really can't tell exactly where the ball went out.

edo783
01-14-2006, 10:50 PM
Pats are getting KILLED by turnovers.

Tulip
01-14-2006, 10:52 PM

I couldn't really tell if the ball went over the pylon or not.

texan279
Pats are getting KILLED by turnovers.

Like I said earlier in the thread, maybe Kubiak could bring Coyer with him. New England made the Jags defense look pop warner last week and now they can't do squat against the Broncos defense whose front four is made up of supposed "busts" from Cleveland. And so far it really looks like Denver is going to make a hard push towards the Super Bowl.

HoustonFrog
To me unless there was an aerial view from the top of the stadium like MNF has, you really can't tell exactly where the ball went out.

Maybe my vision is going but the guy hits the pylon and the ball goes forward at an angle. That is NE ball on the 20. The pass Int, the false start on the FG and then that. The turnovers are killing them but they obviously don't need the extra help. B.S. call in my book.

Carr Bombed
01-14-2006, 10:53 PM
The Patriots are getting jobbed. How is that not a touchback?It went shooting right out of the back of the endzone. That WAS conclusive. What a piece game. One team dominateds and watches call after call turn the tide. Turnovers are not good but that is three for three with the refs. You can't call that conclusive, it was a too close to call and didn't have enough evidence to overturn the call. If it was initially ruled a touchback and Denver challenged, they would of probably said there wasn't enough evidence either. It was just too close to overturn the initial call

Marcus
01-14-2006, 10:55 PM
This stinks, I wanted Kubiak out so we can go ahead and make his hire official and he could get cracking on his staff.

Do you actually think this game's over yet?

NWTexan Fan
01-14-2006, 10:56 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if we started calling him Pubes instead of Kubes?

texan279
01-14-2006, 10:57 PM
Maybe my vision is going but the guy hits the pylon and the ball goes forward at an angle. That is NE ball on the 20. The pass Int, the false start on the FG and then that. The turnovers are killing them but they obviously don't need the extra help. B.S. call in my book.

But he was pushed out at about the 3, and the ball started coming out when he was pushed which was before he hit the pylon, so the ball could have gone out between the 3 and the goal line, but it is almost impossible to tell unless you have an aerial view.

Carr Bombed
01-14-2006, 10:57 PM
No..., but I wanted it to be already decided, I want Kubiak out, so he can already get rolling with our team and his future staff

HoustonFrog
01-14-2006, 10:58 PM
You can't call that conclusive, it was a too close to call and didn't have enough evidence to overturn the call. If it was initially ruled a touchback and Denver challenged, they would of probably said there wasn't enough evidence either. It was just too close to overturn the initial call

I just saw it different and as a said above I have a hard time believing that if the guy hits the pylon and the ball goes forward in any direction that it isn't through the endzone. I know the ruling, etc and I still think they are getting bent over.

edo783
01-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Do you actually think this game's over yet?

You mean it's not?? Dang, THAT'S why we couldn't hold a lead. There's more than 3 quarters,

Carr Bombed
01-14-2006, 10:59 PM
The patriots are done.

ccdude730
01-14-2006, 11:00 PM
if NE wants to win they shouldnt turn the ball over or expect special treatment. maybe even make FGs like the one they just missed...

their kicker is clutch, but that doesnt make him great.

texan279
01-14-2006, 11:01 PM
Man that look on Brady's face after he overthrew his WR was priceless, I thought he was going to start crying right there, and I am almost sure if the Pats lose, Brady will be crying about it.

texan279
01-14-2006, 11:02 PM
I hope no one saw that offensive stat that was just up on the screen...:challenge

HoustonFrog
01-14-2006, 11:03 PM
if NE wants to win they shouldnt turn the ball over or expect special treatment. maybe even make FGs like the one they just missed...

their kicker is clutch, but that doesnt make him great.

Noone deserves special treatment. I just expect competent refs if I'm going to watch a playoff game between two powerhouse teams. The men in stripes shouldn't be a topic. Either team winning won't bother me except I wish we had our coach. Sorry but their kicker is great, no matter if he misses one. The guy is probably the most clutch kicker in history.

Carr Bombed
01-14-2006, 11:03 PM
You can't dog the Patriots, if they lose this game, they have had one hellava run, a historic run. I have no doubt they won't be even better next year

Tulip
01-14-2006, 11:07 PM
I hope no one saw that offensive stat that was just up on the screen...:challenge

I would have missed it if you hadn't said anything about it, lol. Ah, the wonders of Tivo.

texan279
01-14-2006, 11:08 PM
New England lost this game on their own. Bonehead mistakes.

disaacks3
01-14-2006, 11:08 PM
YESSSSSSSS BIG turnover!

Carr Bombed
01-14-2006, 11:09 PM
Every Colt fan sitting at home has the biggest smile on their face.

Tulip
All of these NE fumbles are just comical.

I want Kubiak to hurry up and get to work, but I'm just enjoying this way too much.

HoustonFrog
Nevermind, they don't deserve to win with 4 turnovers, no matter the refs.

As for our prospects, I'm not overly impressed with Plummer and he looks jittery in the pocket..like people I see locally.

ccdude730
Noone deserves special treatment. I just expect competent refs if I'm going to watch a playoff game between two powerhouse teams. The men in stripes shouldn't be a topic. Either team winning won't bother me except I wish we had our coach. Sorry but their kicker is great, no matter if he misses one. The guy is probably the most clutch kicker in history.
it was a call that could have gone either way, but like i said when it happened, if samuels KEPT looking for the ball - nothing would have been called. and i dont really feel bad for them after the way they abuse opposing receivers.

just now - another turnover. this is why they are not going to win. besides his clutch kicking his is average, but i guess you can make an arguement for clutch equating to greatness

texan279
01-14-2006, 11:10 PM
What a run Mike Anderson!

texan279
01-14-2006, 11:11 PM
This game is over.

ccdude730
does jake always have that sidearm deliver while on the run?

Tulip
What a run Mike Anderson!

That was sweet.

edo783
01-14-2006, 11:12 PM
Turn out the lights, the party's over. Done in my best Don Meradith voice.

Carr Bombed
despite the outcome of this game or the Broncos postseason, I have a feeling Kubiak already has "His guys" and who he wants to hire, with an exception of the D coordinator, that is going to be our biggest hire.

StarStruck
Hope New England can't get through to the witch line.

HoustonFrog
01-14-2006, 11:14 PM
it was a call that could have gone either way, but like i said when it happened, if samuels KEPT looking for the ball - nothing would have been called. and i dont really feel bad for them after the way they abuse opposing receivers.

just now - another turnover. this is why they are not going to win. besides his clutch kicking his is average, but i guess you can make an arguement for clutch equating to greatness

Agreed now that they don't deserve to win.

The guy is a stud all year, every year. For the amount he kicks I think he has cemented his status. All that really matters if winning the big ones and the guy has ice water in those situations.

texan279
01-14-2006, 11:16 PM
Maybe I spoke too soon...:challenge

edo783
That was a NICE pitch and catch by Brady & Branch.

disaacks3
...and the Denver "D" does their best Houston Texans impression...

Carr Bombed
01-14-2006, 11:17 PM
Tom brady is one hellava QB, that is like the seventh time I've seen him hit like that and still throw a good pass.

Tulip
01-14-2006, 11:18 PM
...and the Denver "D" does their best Houston Texans impression...

lol:

Carr Bombed
01-14-2006, 11:19 PM
If they're going to get back in this game they are going to need a turnover on D to give their Offense a short feild.

texan279
01-14-2006, 11:19 PM
Brady has thrown for 341 yards and the Pats have all of 13 points to show for it...

ccdude730
01-14-2006, 11:20 PM
denver should have put a little more pressure on brady in that situation.

but im no coordinator...

Mario Williams
01-14-2006, 11:22 PM
If Jake Plummer can be this good under Kubiak...

David Carr will be real good. We're in good hands.

Carr Bombed
It isn't looking good for the pats.

HoustonFrog
Tom brady is one hellava QB, that is like the seventh time I've seen him hit like that and still throw a good pass.

I have been thinking this all game. If you want to see how a real QB plays watch him. In the pocket he sidesteps guys like nothing and still throws on the money. Had that pick but I'd take him any day.

texan279
Woah, look at those Broncs still being agressive on offense.

edo783
No sitting on the lead for Denver! Who would have thunk it that MIGHT be the right thing to do.

disaacks3
01-14-2006, 11:23 PM
Nice call on that Plummer rollout, the Pats really bit on it.

HoustonFrog

Actually until the last TD and the throw to Smith I wasn't impressed at all. He is shaky under pressure and has a soso game in my book.

ccdude730

tell that to bobo :tiptoe:

Mario Williams
01-14-2006, 11:25 PM
tell that to bobo :tiptoe:

Umm... who is bobo?

awtysst
01-14-2006, 11:25 PM
And Evil England is on its way out.

Carr Bombed
01-14-2006, 11:26 PM
tell that to bobo :tiptoe: He's called bobo, because he's always mistaken........zing

HoustonFan
01-14-2006, 11:27 PM
Sorry, McNair and Co. The announcing of the new HC will have to be postponed until next week.

I'll admit that I'm a bit saddened by this, but the guy still has a job to do as well.

ccdude730
01-14-2006, 11:28 PM
Umm... who is bobo?
he thinks that kubiak is the worst option at HC for us since he doesnt have head coaching experience and hasnt done anything since elway left

Carr Bombed
01-14-2006, 11:29 PM
Its over

Carr Bombed
01-14-2006, 11:30 PM
Umm... who is bobo? go read the "breaking news Kubiak will be head coach" thread in the Bull Pen, I think it is on page 2

HoustonFrog
01-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Its over

Still plenty of time. 2 Tds with 3:14. Can be done..we have seen it..lol

Tulip
01-14-2006, 11:32 PM
My Pats hate must be waning. I'm getting sad that we're going to have to wait another week.

Tulip
01-14-2006, 11:33 PM
Alrighty then.

StarStruck
01-14-2006, 11:33 PM
Before I could type poised for an interception, it happened.

disaacks3
01-14-2006, 11:34 PM
OK, I'm not sure even the TEXANS could lose it now... :yahoo:

Carr Bombed
01-14-2006, 11:34 PM
Still plenty of time. 2 Tds with 3:14. Can be done..we have seen it..lol What were you saying :brickwall

edo783
01-14-2006, 11:35 PM
Lynch sure has had a game.

HoustonFrog
01-14-2006, 11:35 PM
I can't stand Rat Shanahan and Denver. I like Kubiak but everything else about them makes me mad. I just don't see how hatin on NE is any good when they are one of the few teams that wins with class.

HoustonFrog
01-14-2006, 11:36 PM
What were you saying :brickwall

Disapponted. Hate Denver.

OzzO
01-14-2006, 11:37 PM
Watching this game - just makes me think about what it's going to be like when we're at where Denver is today... packed stadium in the playoffs, crowd going crazy... about to knock out a "dynasty".

Those will be good times - I happy for their fans even if it does mean we need to wait a little longer (though I bet the Texans FO isn't waiting - they're still putting feelers out for when Kube makes the jump).

Pats gonna be out, and if Pitt can knock off Colts... I'll have a good weekend.

disaacks3
01-14-2006, 11:37 PM
I can't stand Rat Shanahan and Denver. I like Kubiak but everything else about them makes me mad. I just don't see how hatin on NE is any good when they are one of the few teams that wins with class. Now, let's see if they LOSE with class. :)

ccdude730
01-14-2006, 11:38 PM
denver may not win like the patriots, but they are one of the most consistent teams in the nfl.

HoustonFrog
01-14-2006, 11:39 PM
Now, let's see if they LOSE with class. :)

I'm sure they will. I haven't seen anything about them in years that would lend me to believe that they won't.

Carr Bombed
01-14-2006, 11:41 PM
Hey bobo a offensive minded coach just beat a defensive minded coach on both sides of the ball, with better offense and defense and if Seattle or Denver goes on and wins the title, other than bilichick coached teams, it will be a clean sweep of "offensive coach" won super bowls over a decade. Offensive head coaches have dominated in the Super Bowl wins.

edo783
01-14-2006, 11:44 PM
Hey guys, good chatten with ya. How pathetic are we though. Sat. night, we are on-line for a game that isn't even our team. We NEED to get a life!

ccdude730
01-14-2006, 11:45 PM
football completes me

Carr Bombed
01-14-2006, 11:48 PM
Hey guys, good chatten with ya. How pathetic are we though. Sat. night, we are on-line for a game that isn't even our team. We NEED to get a life! Your right about that and the sad thind is I taped this game and now I'm probably going to watch it again and break down tape on the offensive scheme of the broncos and how it fits OUR team and what to expect next year. So ya I need to get a life, but oh well I went out last night

ccdude730
01-14-2006, 11:49 PM
Hey bobo a offensive minded coach just beat a defensive minded coach on both sides of the ball, with better offense and defense and if Seattle or Denver goes on and wins the title, other than bilichick coached teams, it will be a clean sweep of "offensive coach" won super bowls over a decade. Offensive head coaches have dominated in the Super Bowl wins.
but seattle led the league in sacks while denver was #2 defense against the run. hmmmmm

:stirpot:

HoustonFrog
01-14-2006, 11:50 PM
Hey bobo a offensive minded coach just beat a defensive minded coach on both sides of the ball, with better offense and defense and if Seattle or Denver goes on the win the title, other than than bilichick coached teams, it will be a clean sweep of "offensive coach" won super bowls over a decade. Offensive head coaches have dominated in the Super Bowl.

LOL..so other than 3 SBS in 4 years. That is funny. Other than that the best teams in the league include John Fox, Dungy, Cowher, Lovie Smith, Saban(rookie coach), Marvin Lewis. Just a few.

Carr Bombed
01-14-2006, 11:52 PM
but seattle led the league in sacks while denver was #2 defense against the run. hmmmmm

:stirpot: I know that discredits his position that offensive lead teams can't have good defenses. Like I said

The
85 Bears (possibly the greatest defense of all)
00' Ravens
and the
02' Bucs

were all lead by a offensive minded coach

texan279
01-14-2006, 11:57 PM
Hey guys, good chatten with ya. How pathetic are we though. Sat. night, we are on-line for a game that isn't even our team. We NEED to get a life!

Hey I got an excuse I'm at work! :challenge

Carr Bombed
01-14-2006, 11:58 PM
Defenses win Championships, but the biggest myth in the NFL is that a offensive lead team can't have a championship caliber defense. The Packers had one and even the 99 rams.

HoustonFrog
01-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Defenses win Championships, but the biggest myth in the NFL is that a offensive lead team can't have a championship caliber defense. The Packers had one and even the 99 rams.

I guess todays games are ruining your offense wins championship myth.