PDA

View Full Version : O-Line

Sutton=08Heisman
01-10-2006, 04:48 PM
I have no idea if any of our offensive linemen are any good, all I know is that the line as a whole is not. I was just curious to know people's thoughts on which offensive linemen are good/we should keep and which ones are bad/we should replace. I would be fine if we picked Bush, but if the right trade came around I would love a great LT.

YoungTexanFan
01-10-2006, 04:52 PM
I have no idea if any of our offensive linemen are any good, all I know is that the line as a whole is not. I was just curious to know people's thoughts on which offensive linemen are good/we should keep and which ones are bad/we should replace. I would be fine if we picked Bush, but if the right trade came around I would love a great LT.

I'll take a quick stab. Most of our offensive linemen are below the league standard.

Keepers for one year to start with: Pitts, Weigert, McKinny-only at LG, Hogden-just not enough enformation, Wand-RT only.

Those are the guys I see as being league average to slightly better. None of them stand out to anyone who does not follow our team.

LBC_Justin
01-10-2006, 04:59 PM
I would keep Chester Pitts and sell the rest on Ebay, but I wouldn't expect to get much.

Mr. White
01-10-2006, 05:42 PM
Kind of an offshoot of the topic--- I was gonna start a new thread, but this one's good.

It's no secret that our OL has been sub-par since the 1st season. We ALL knew Carr needed a line to block for him from day one. Has anyone heard any management excuses for how come the line hasn't been upgraded yet 4 years later?

The line seems to be the excuse every year...

jacquescas
01-10-2006, 05:52 PM
We need to add probowl talent somewhere on the line, guard, center, preferably left tackle, but someone on the line that teams will have to worry about.

D-ReK
01-10-2006, 05:59 PM
Has anyone heard any management excuses for how come the line hasn't been upgraded yet 4 years later?

The line seems to be the excuse every year...

My personal favorite: "They need more time to gel"...

AustinJB
01-10-2006, 06:02 PM
Wwvyd? Lol