PDA

View Full Version : Bush trade bait, Draft Day Boos

asteroidblues
01-10-2006, 04:48 PM
I think that the Texans should trade out of the number one spot and take the best left tackle available. If they could get another team to surrender a ton of picks it should be worth it. Look what the Saints gave up for Ricky. Am I the only one who feels this way? Would the fans of Houston boo the organization if they pull the trigger on a deal like that?

Long-Spurs-Texan
01-10-2006, 04:53 PM
[QUOTE=asteroidblues]I think that the Texans should trade out of the number one spot and take the best left tackle available. If they could get another team to surrender a ton of picks it should be worth it. Look what the Saints gave up for Ricky.QUOTE]

LOL, guess who was the beneficiary of that fleecing? CASSERLY with the Skins. Guess what they did with all those picks? Jack $H!+.

asteroidblues
01-10-2006, 04:57 PM
LOL, guess who was the beneficiary of that fleecing? CASSERLY with the Skins. Guess what they did with all those picks? Jack $H!+.

I don't recall Ricky ever leading the Saint anywhere either.

The Preacher
01-10-2006, 05:03 PM
The board is probably half and half on trade down or pick Reggie or Vince. All Longhorn Texans fans will most likely boo if we pass on Vince. Non Longhorn fans who think Vince is for real might boo too if we pass on him. Others who don't like Vince and like Reggie will boo if we trade down. Those who don't get the trade down will also boo. :sumo:

tulexan
01-10-2006, 05:06 PM
[QUOTE=asteroidblues]I think that the Texans should trade out of the number one spot and take the best left tackle available. If they could get another team to surrender a ton of picks it should be worth it. Look what the Saints gave up for Ricky.QUOTE]

Didn't they get Bailey, Arrington, and Jensen out of that trade?

asteroidblues
01-10-2006, 05:19 PM
[QUOTE=Long-Spurs-Texan]

Didn't they get Bailey, Arrington, and Jensen out of that trade?

No, Arrington was the second overall choice in a different draft class.

tulexan
01-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Yeah and that pick was from that trade

ReggieBushFan
01-10-2006, 05:42 PM
they can get lineman throughout the draft if they want, we can't pass up Reggie, he is a once in a lifetime oppurtunity for our franchise

Double Barrel
01-10-2006, 05:59 PM
I think that the Texans should trade out of the number one spot and take the best left tackle available. If they could get another team to surrender a ton of picks it should be worth it. Look what the Saints gave up for Ricky. Am I the only one who feels this way? Would the fans of Houston boo the organization if they pull the trigger on a deal like that?

That's crazy talk! :crazy:

But I like it! :howdy:

We are actually a handful of dedicated Texans rebels who refuse to lose our sanity to what has become the overwhelming "[insert Bush or Young] or Bust" bandwagons. It is a moderate position that requires dodging bullets from all angles. :tomato:

I honestly hope nobody boos our choice at the NFL Draft. That's just lame.

Huge
01-10-2006, 08:07 PM
I think the majority would like to see the team trade down. Would they boo this decision? I doubt it.

swtbound07
01-10-2006, 09:17 PM
I think the majority would like to see the team trade down. Would they boo this decision? I doubt it.

I'd be perfectly content with a trade down

edo783
01-10-2006, 09:52 PM
I'd be perfectly content with a trade down

Me to. In fact, I am comfortable with ANY of the three possibilities in front of us AS LONG as it is done because it is the RIGHT thing for the team and not because a bunch of zealots are pimping someone, be it Bush or Young.

Tulip
01-10-2006, 09:55 PM

As long as you don't mind the guy playing RT next year.

Given that QB and RB aren't especially "need positions", I can see the appeal. But no one is going to ever give up what Ditka gave up for Ricky. That was just dumb.

Would fans boo? Probably not, but it sure wouldn't increase interest in the team when they are coming off a really bad year.

NederlandTexan
01-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Yes, they'd boo and they would boo loud.

LoneStarState
01-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Let's face it - all the UT trollers on this message board want UT-Houston - an all UT football team. Anything less would be completely unacceptable. One of my UT friends actually believes that there is an anti-Longhorn conspiracy in the front office and it would be proven if the Texans don't draft VY. These people are irrational at this point. Ask them any question - and their answer would be Vince Young. If anyone is putting pressure on him - it's his fans. If he is picked, he will be expected to produce quickly. Yeah - those loyalists would give him 8 years of David Carr-type progress and still think he's the greatest thing on the face of the earth. There will be unrealistic expectations on VY, Reggie Bush, or David Carr. The atmosphere, in some instances almost seeming hostile, toward anyone other than the almighty VY, is getting old, out of hand, and VERY ridiculous.

:twocents:

beerlover
01-10-2006, 10:10 PM

Fans will boo regardless, it did not bother Casserly last year and it won't bother Casserly this year he marches to the beat of his own drum :pigfly:

Janus3
01-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Let's face it - all the UT trollers on this message board want UT-Houston - an all UT football team. Anything less would be completely unacceptable. One of my UT friends actually believes that there is an anti-Longhorn conspiracy in the front office and it would be proven if the Texans don't draft VY. These people are irrational at this point. Ask them any question - and their answer would be Vince Young. If anyone is putting pressure on him - it's his fans. If he is picked, he will be expected to produce quickly. Yeah - those loyalists would give him 8 years of David Carr-type progress and still think he's the greatest thing on the face of the earth. There will be unrealistic expectations on VY, Reggie Bush, or David Carr. The atmosphere, in some instances almost seeming hostile, toward anyone other than the almighty VY, is getting old, out of hand, and VERY ridiculous.

:twocents:

lol, i can actually believe moronic UT fans believe this.