PDA

View Full Version : 610 reports Bush confused

Big B Texan Fan
01-10-2006, 10:40 AM
Bush had hours of conversation with Carroll and a possible agent on the USC campus and says he doesn't know what to do. All indications are that he'll come out but will probably take all the way up to the last day.

Could he be fearing for the possibility of playing for the Saints. The Saints future is up in the air as to where they'll call home.

He's coming though, I'm sure of it.

Johnny Utah
01-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Maybe he doesn't want to go to the Texans or the Saints?

TheOgre
01-10-2006, 10:48 AM
He likely will not go to the Saints. They have a great back in Deuce McAllister. They are definitely going QB. It is likely Houston, Tennessee, or NY for Bush.

The Preacher
01-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Confused about who he wants to manage his $60 mil. Must be rough.

Big B Texan Fan
01-10-2006, 10:59 AM
He likely will not go to the Saints. They have a great back in Deuce McAllister. They are definitely going QB. It is likely Houston, Tennessee, or NY for Bush.
How's McAllisters' season ending injury going? Will he be ready?

beerlover
01-10-2006, 11:14 AM
the Saints would greatly benifit from Reggie Bush it would provide a balanced running attack, Deuce inside and Reggie outside. Bush would also play WR alot, if he goes to the Saints more than people think. He might even be in the game almost every single snap on offense as well as special teams they are not as deep as USC and Reggie Bush in N.O. would be a workhorse :deadhorse

kingh99
01-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Nobody wants to go to NO. It's a mess.

fball
01-10-2006, 11:35 AM
What is taking him so long for him to declare, I don't understand. I haven't heard anything!:confused:

ArlingtonTexan
01-10-2006, 11:38 AM
the Saints would greatly benifit from Reggie Bush it would provide a balanced running attack, Deuce inside and Reggie outside. Bush would also play WR alot, if he goes to the Saints more than people think. He might even be in the game almost every single snap on offense as well as special teams they are not as deep as USC and Reggie Bush in N.O. would be a workhorse :deadhorse

Sounds pretty familiar to how he would be used in another city.

tulexan
01-10-2006, 11:39 AM
I thought he was announcing his decision today

beerlover
01-10-2006, 11:44 AM
I thought he was announcing his decision today

from what I heard today on sports radio 610 was that he met with Pete Carroll for about an hour to discuss his options and left without a decision to come out this year or not. said it could be end of the week or even the NFL deadline of Sunday before he makes the announcement. I'm guessing that Vince Young stole his thunder & the #1 draft slot :)

tulexan
01-10-2006, 11:45 AM
I guess we will see this afternoon

eriadoc
01-10-2006, 11:45 AM
He's got Carroll begging him to come back, the possibility of winning a second Heisman and another championship and the guy that upstaged him in the Rose Bowl won't be there next year to take the game. Furthermore, that player is getting a lot of run for the #1 overall draft spot.

He'll probably still declare by the 15th.

Errant Hothy
01-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Plus it's like 8:30 in the morning out in LA, you think he is even out of bed yet?

TheOgre
01-10-2006, 11:47 AM
I guess they could go with Bush and try MacPherson as a starter. If they are getting rid of Brooks, I think it is smarter for them to go with Lienart or Young.

tulexan
01-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Aren't they going to put a cap on rookie salaries next year?

Big B Texan Fan
01-10-2006, 11:54 AM
This is funny.

Hey vin, this thread is a close mimic to the one I started. Why don't you guys merge the 2 together to save on our sanity.
Thanx

MorKnolle
01-10-2006, 11:59 AM
Aren't they going to put a cap on rookie salaries next year?

Some people are trying to add that to the new collective bargaining agreement, but as of this moment that, among other things, are being discussed and the agreement has not been signed yet.

beerlover
01-10-2006, 12:02 PM
FYI- just heard on Sports Radio 610 that they will have Vince Young on the radio from 9:00 - 10:00 am tomorrow (Wed.) possibly live in studio :)

nunusguy
01-10-2006, 01:27 PM
""I'm still trying to figure everything out and put everything in perspective before I make my decision," Bush said after the meeting."
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-uscfbrep10jan10,1,5020962.story?coll=la-headlines-sports
Bush doesn't turn 21 years of age until March, and its probably difficult
for such a young man to cut the umbilical cord to USC. He needs adult advise
and I hope he gets it because there's no guarantee next years Draft would be
as generous to him as this years would. And the agent with him was also Carson Palmer's agent according to this story: perhaps he will remind him
what happened to Carson this past Sunday.
Better do what Vince did young man and take the money and run.

Texans_Chick
01-10-2006, 01:33 PM
LA Times--Bush Interviewing Agents (http://www.latimes.com/sports/football/nfl/la-sp-nfl10jan10,1,4059967.story?coll=la-headlines-sports&ctrack=1&cset=true)

An excerpt:

"It's a three-horse race," agent Leigh Steinberg said. "But there's a long season of scouting to go. To assume teams have made their final judgment in January is a little bit absurd."

Bush, who won the Heisman Trophy this season, has not announced his intentions but certainly has tipped his hand. In recent days, he staged seven one-hour interviews with prospective agents and is believed to have narrowed the field to two David Dunn and Joel Segal. The interviews took place in Santa Monica and involved Bush and three of his advisors: his stepfather, LaMar Griffin; his cousin, J.C. Pearson; and Reebok's Mike Ornstein.

On Monday, Bush and Dunn met for an hour with USC Coach Pete Carroll and Trojan running backs coach Todd McNair"

Steinberg, the article says, is in the running to represent Leinart.

Htown34s
01-10-2006, 01:33 PM
Bush could be pulling a Vick and trying to steer clear of the Texans. Just the opposite of what VY did. I think Bush liked the idea of playing with his high school QB in San Francisco in sunny California, but that isn't going to happen now that the 49'ers won the last game. I think VY declared because he wouldn't mind playing for the Texans, Saints, or Tennessee. Houston and New Orleans is close to his family, and he has ties (McNair) to Tennessee.

Big B Texan Fan
01-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Bush could be pulling a Vick and trying to steer clear of the Texans. Just the opposite of what VY did. I think Bush liked the idea of playing with his high school QB in San Francisco in sunny California, but that isn't going to happen now that the 49'ers won the last game. I think VY declared because he wouldn't mind playing for the Texans, Saints, or Tennessee. Houston and New Orleans is close to his family, and he has ties (McNair) to Tennessee.
Very good observation.

tulexan
01-10-2006, 01:52 PM
Or he could go back to school, blow out his knee, and then miss out on a $50 million dollar contract plus endorsements.

Headlights of a Carr
01-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Bush doesn't care where he plays he has stated this numerous times.

Htown34s
01-10-2006, 02:33 PM
Wow. Someone just took a hit at my reputation because of my comment above. What was so controversial about it? I was just speculating. Sheesh, chill out.

Big B Texan Fan
01-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Bush doesn't care where he plays he has stated this numerous times.
That is the right thing to say, but put youself in his shoes (and hang on). Imaine you got promoted to a 4 mil a year job working for a big oil company. And the 1st place they wanted to send you was Iraq but you were really hoping for that office job back here in the states.