PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR...Carr to be traded to Dolphins???

Straightshooter
01-10-2006, 09:05 AM
RUMORS FLY OF CARR-FOR-RICKY TRADE

On Monday, we surmised that the Texans have floated the notion that they intend to select USC tailback Reggie Bush with the No. 1 pick in the draft in order to avoid criticism from the Longhorns lovers that the lure of playing for his hometown Texans prompted Texas quarterback Vince Young to skip his senior season. (A reader also raised with us another solid possibility -- that the report was a trial balloon aimed at determining what the local reaction would be to not taking Young -- and we're told that the local reaction was decidedly negative.)

But the Bush report also might have been intended to throw potential focus off of rumors that are now emerging -- and these are rumors only -- of a looming trade between the Texans and Dolphins.

Under the deal, as we've heard it, the Texans would send quarterback David Carr to Miami for running back Ricky Williams (a former Longhorn) and a third-round draft pick.

Williams is under contract through 2007. Carr is due to receive an $8 million option bonus in February, which would extend his contract through 2008.

Again, these are rumors only -- and we're not suggesting that this trade will go down. But if it should happen it clears the way for the Texans to select Young.

Stay tuned.

=============
From profootballtalk.com so take with a huge grain of salt. Dont shoot the thread starter.:redtowel:

bdiddy
01-10-2006, 09:08 AM
I have heard this rumor, but as I heard the deal involved Ricky and a 2nd round pick.

If this happens, which I doubt, it further bolsters the possibility of hiring Greg Davis who had a close relationship with Ricky as well as VY.

ArlingtonTexan
01-10-2006, 10:16 AM
I know we have a thread on this one already, but can't find right now.

LCOOL
01-10-2006, 10:17 AM

On Monday, we surmised that the Texans have floated the notion that they intend to select USC tailback Reggie Bush with the No. 1 pick in the draft in order to avoid criticism from the Longhorns lovers that the lure of playing for his hometown Texans prompted Texas quarterback Vince Young to skip his senior season. (A reader also raised with us another solid possibility -- that the report was a trial balloon aimed at determining what the local reaction would be to not taking Young -- and we're told that the local reaction was decidedly negative.)

But the Bush report also might have been intended to throw potential focus off of rumors that are now emerging -- and these are rumors only -- of a looming trade between the Texans and Dolphins.

Under the deal, as we've heard it, the Texans would send quarterback David Carr to Miami for running back Ricky Williams (a former Longhorn) and a third-round draft pick.

Williams is under contract through 2007. Carr is due to receive an $8 million option bonus in February, which would extend his contract through 2008.

Again, these are rumors only -- and we're not suggesting that this trade will go down. But if it should happen it clears the way for the Texans to select Young.

Stay tuned.

=============
From profootballtalk.com so take with a huge grain of salt. Dont shoot the thread starter.:redtowel:
I have heard the same thing on nfldraftcountdown.com, check out their message boards they will probably have more info on this rumored trade.

Frills
01-10-2006, 10:19 AM
I call bulls*1+

The source is a joke and mabye gets something right 5% of the time.

MichaelMC
01-10-2006, 10:23 AM
I just do not understand why the texans would take such a lcap hit to trade Carr. That is what makes me think this is never going to happen. Not only that buit you could pay the signing bonus, and trade him for a player that may decide right before training camp he wants to go to africa so do yoga.

I am a UT fan and all but come on people get off the UT bandwagon.:brickwall

Double Barrel
01-10-2006, 10:29 AM
I don't dislike Ricky Williams, but I sure hope we never see him in a Texans uniform. This trade rumor is just fan speculation. I wouldn't put much more stock in it than that.

Hervoyel
01-10-2006, 10:31 AM

Yes but hey, since when did having a thread (or even a half-dozen threads on Vince Young or anything even remotely related to him ever stop us from adding more?

Bring it on!

thunderkyss
01-10-2006, 10:36 AM
We'd basically be trading Reggie Bush for Ricky Williams. We'll get Young, and a RB that is proven.... sounds like everyone should be happy. Well, if it weren't for Ricky's psyche.... I mean Ricky would be closer to Austin, which I here is where he'd like to be...

If only there were a way we could be sure he won't stiff us like he did the Dolphins.... Surely it would be a big gamble, I don't think Casserly has the 'nads.

But then again, what if he does stiff us.... we'd be fine at RB, but it would basically mean we gave Carr away for a 3rd round pick...... I don't know about that.

BigBull17
01-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Yeah like we have one RB thread and one VY thread....:sarcasm:

bullman
01-10-2006, 10:43 AM

Stay tuned.

=============
This was a useless thread, dont you have something better to do, this is a bs rumor!! Carr is staying!

David's Busted Carr
01-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Ricky Williams? No freaking way I want that nutjob on our team. Not to mention he still has a big contract. I'm all for trading Carr. But if we do i want a starting OL or defensive player and a draft pick in return at least...

Straightshooter
01-10-2006, 11:04 AM
This was a useless thread, dont you have something better to do, this is a bs rumor!! Carr is staying!

I have something better to do, and thats bug you with this thread. They have been right before. 5% is way off more like 45%. They do make some crap up, but it is cause for discussion. I dont think you would take a cap hit until you paid carr his roster bounus. So depend on if they paid him. I am not a capologist so I shall degress.

If you dont like the thread dont post and it will go the way of the Carribean alpha monkey. :neener:

Straightshooter
01-10-2006, 11:06 AM
Ricky Williams? No freaking way I want that nutjob on our team. Not to mention he still has a big contract. I'm all for trading Carr. But if we do i want a starting OL or defensive player and a draft pick in return at least...
You guys dont know Bo Didley dont you? He does not have a huge contract. He is making League minumumuumumummummmmm. He got jacked when he retired and came back.

Ricky Williams is some what stable anyways. :brickwall ok maybe not..

TEXANS84
01-10-2006, 11:07 AM
There is also rumors of Carr going to Oakland for a 2nd round draft pick and Doug Gabriel. But in these times you have got to take everything with a grain of salt and sit back, watch, and laugh. Its still three months away.

Nothings going to happen.....yet.

Straightshooter
01-10-2006, 11:09 AM
There is also rumors of Carr going to Oakland for a 2nd round draft pick and Doug Gabriel. But in these times you have got to take everything with a grain of salt and sit back, watch, and laugh. Its still three months away.

Nothings going to happen.....yet.

Yes sir!:redtowel:

David's Busted Carr
01-10-2006, 11:12 AM
You guys dont know Bo Didley dont you? He does not have a huge contract. He is making League minumumuumumummummmmm. He got jacked when he retired and came back.

Ricky Williams is some what stable anyways. :brickwall

Anything he makes is too much money. That crack smoker just needs to stay away from our team!

Lucky
01-10-2006, 11:14 AM
I'm not for trading Carr and drafting Young #1, but if it happens I can live with it. Young's a great guy. But I don't want Ricky Williams anywhere near Vince. Why not sign Terrell Owens while you're at it? The Texans don't need that kind of poison.

Texian
01-10-2006, 11:15 AM
There may be some plausibility in Ricky coming to Houston but it won't involve Carr. I could see the Texians trading down with Miami for the #1 pick and inreturn the Texians get Ricky, 06 #1, 06 #3, and 07 #1. That seems more plausible, simply from salary cap point of view.

exclude
01-10-2006, 11:17 AM

Ricky Williams is some what stable anyways.

Look, the Texans can only take on one UT project at a time.

Draft Bush and let Michael Vick, er, Vince Young go to Tennessee!!

LCOOL
01-10-2006, 11:28 AM
There may be some plausibility in Ricky coming to Houston but it won't involve Carr. I could see the Texians trading down with Miami for the #1 pick and inreturn the Texians get Ricky, 06 #1, 06 #3, and 07 #1. That seems more plausible, simply from salary cap point of view.
The latest rumor is that Gus Ferrote will come to the Texans, and Carr to Miami! Gus Ferrote wil ressurect this team!

CarrIsFine
01-10-2006, 01:54 PM
The latest rumor is that Gus Ferrote will come to the Texans, and Carr to Miami! Gus Ferrote wil ressurect this team!
LOL, that's a good one, you're a funny guy..................

Oh wait, why aren't you laughing, you're serious? Why don't you go hang out on the Dolphins board.

LCOOL
01-10-2006, 02:11 PM
LOL, that's a good one, you're a funny guy..................

Oh wait, why aren't you laughing, you're serious? Why don't you go hang out on the Dolphins board.
Ferrote is coming, this will be the move in Texan history, thanks to uncle Charlie, after this trade he will named GM of the year lol

bdiddy
01-10-2006, 02:13 PM
The Ferrotte take is not true, but it is at least possible. If they trade Carr to the Dolphins for Gus and their first or second round pick. Texans would select VY with the first pick, not resign Tony Banks, and play Ferrotte for a year while VY leans the offense.

dtran04
01-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Carr would have a decent chance to succeed in Miami. Good coach, rb, and wr. Imagine if Dom Capers was hired as DC. Makes it more interesting.

Of course this is all stupid thinking on my part. It has a zero chance of happening.

teamplaya
01-10-2006, 02:54 PM
if Kubiak is coach we will have two 1000 yard rusher instead of 1 just like Denver had this year

HomeBred_Texan
01-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Ricky in Houston?

Cool, I will have someone to smoke doobies with... I hope his weed is better than mine...

texansfan1974
01-10-2006, 03:07 PM
Why don't we give up our #1, #2, and both #3s for Bill Belicheck. He could solve all our problems. :pigfly:

LCOOL
01-10-2006, 03:27 PM
Why don't we give up our #1, #2, and both #3s for Bill Belicheck. He could solve all our problems. :pigfly:
Let's get Jeff Fisher, he will save us!

rmartin65
01-10-2006, 03:33 PM
Ricky in Houston?

Cool, I will have someone to smoke doobies with... I hope his weed is better than mine...
Ha, lol.

mexican_texan
01-10-2006, 04:25 PM
Many of you hate on PFT.com, but they did report the Randy Moss trade to the Raiders weeks before ESPN's "exclusive information."

What's wrong with Ricky Williams? He is a "pothead," but trust me, he isn't the only one. He still has good field vision for a RB and could help out our RB stable.:twocents:

Meloy
01-10-2006, 04:33 PM
1 potato, 2 potato, 3 potato, 4. Just throw up something and see what walks in the door.

awtysst
01-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Magic weed smoker or not, Williams walked out on his team and his teammates. For an entire year, no less. I don't want to pick him up and then spend the rest of his career wondering if and when he is going to take another personal timeout.

Granted, things such as injuries may end up cutting a player's career short, but I would have to be really, really, really convinced that he was back to stay.

Well, the one thing that might keep in in tow is that if he walks away he would still owe A LOT of $$. So we know he will be ok till 2008 or so. After that he would sign a new contract and would be a potential problem.

AustinJB
01-10-2006, 06:13 PM
Not to mention that he will be close to home. One of his main issues was feeling out of place and overwhelmed. The last time that he felt like he belonged somewhere it was as UT. Hell, Mack could even hold him by the hand if he likes...as long as he is productive.

gtexan02
01-10-2006, 06:18 PM
I wholeheartedly believe this rumor to be true. Each year, the Miami Dolphins have screwed us royally with 1 player. 2 Years ago, we paid millions for Wade, last year, Greenwood, and then why not Williams this year? Miami owns us, and I wouldn't be surprised for a second to see our "Franchise" QB shipped for someone who likely won't ever be trusted by his teamates again

texplayer2
01-10-2006, 06:28 PM
I'm not for trading Carr and drafting Young #1, but if it happens I can live with it. Young's a great guy. But I don't want Ricky Williams anywhere near Vince. Why not sign Terrell Owens while you're at it? The Texans don't need that kind of poison.

Terrell Owens wouldn't be welcome in this discussion unless he got an honorary degree from UT.:rolleyes: Then all these guys would put him in their bandwagon too.:drool: I thought I was following the team from Houston? I didn't know I got on a Cowboys website?:confused:

LCOOL
01-10-2006, 06:30 PM
Ha, lol.
lol Ricky is a changed person, come on Texan fans, Kubiak will take good care of him, why is everybody aganist ferrote taking over, ferrote will lead us to the promise land like he did with Miami and Washington!lol

texansfaninla
01-10-2006, 07:10 PM
I think if Gus Frerotte is our QB next year, I will light myself on fire in the stands during a game.

ghostlight
01-10-2006, 07:40 PM
I beleive Ricky saw the light and is serious about his football future.

I met a shop owner in Nevada City (5 miles from) Grass Valley who said she met a obow with a pair of sneakers over his shoulder that Ricky gave him because he had no shoes. That was as close as I came to a Ricky sighting while he was here.

TexansTrueFan
01-10-2006, 07:44 PM
I beleive Ricky saw the light and is serious about his football future.

I met a shop owner in Nevada City (5 miles from) Grass Valley who said she met a obow with a pair of sneakers over his shoulder that Ricky gave him because he had no shoes. That was as close as I came to a Ricky sighting while he was here.

you didnt see ricky in the hit thriller Dazed and confused he was good :yahoo:

mapleleaf
01-10-2006, 09:38 PM
This is bull****.

There's another rumor that seems to be mroe true than this one is that Carr might be joining Donavan McNabb in the Eagles.

BREAZE
01-11-2006, 04:46 PM

Stay tuned.

=============

This rumor just made it on 610am, but it was being reported as Williams and a #1 pick in 2007. I think a 3rd rounder would make more since from a Dolphin perspective, but its funny this thing won't die. Just one of a billion rumors to come from now until 4/29...

clutchcityin210
01-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Just heard a rumor on San Antonio's KSAT 12 that the Texans are considering a trade that would send David Carr to the Dolphins for Ricky Williams, 1st Round pick this year and 1st round pick for 07. Still looking to confirm this. Haven't heard anything on ESPN.

dml923
01-11-2006, 06:01 PM
i wouldnt mind that but i dont believe that thats true becasue everyone working in the texans orginization like carr.

rmartin65
01-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Thats been going around a lot lately, but I dont want it to happen. That would mean we would be picking VY for certain and that would only set us back.

Grid
01-11-2006, 06:04 PM
hah.. Carr for two first rounders and Ricky Williams? if the Dolphins are considering that deal.. ask them for their superbowl trophies too.

Carr Bombed
01-11-2006, 06:09 PM
How many times is this thread going to be repackaged and reposted.

Although I like this version the best D. Carr for Ricky Williams a great runner (yes hes still a great rb, head case aside) and two first round picks, to bad it makes it unbelievable I'm not buying, why don't they throw in the dolphins whole Oline while they're at it. If Casserly could pull this off he would totally redeem himself.

clutchcityin210
01-11-2006, 06:23 PM
I wouldnt give them Tony Banks for Ricky Williams.............

Big B Texan Fan
01-11-2006, 06:25 PM
I wouldnt give them Tony Banks for Ricky Williams.............
How's the weather in San Antonio?
Are the locals wanting us to pick Young or Bush?

clutchcityin210
01-11-2006, 06:28 PM
weather is a bit chilly, they want Vince Young BAD here in San Antonio....... Big UT town here. They want Ricky Williams too.

HoustonFan
01-11-2006, 06:29 PM
I would hate to see Carr w/ another team. I just think it's something that could come back to bite us later. Hopefully the offense improves TREMENDOUSLY during the offseason, Carr can shake off the horror of being sacked so many times and get it together.

clutchcityin210
01-11-2006, 06:32 PM
I think everyone should chill out and give Carr a few more seasons. Kinda hard for ANY NFL quarterback to live up to his potential from his back.

Long-Spurs-Texan
01-11-2006, 06:35 PM
How's the weather in San Antonio?
Are the locals wanting us to pick Young or Bush?

The locals in San Antonio could give 2 craps about the Texans, or who they draft. They are probably wanting the Aints to draft VY, so Benson can move the team there. That's not looking like it's going to happen. Benson comitted next year to New Orleans today. I have been in SA for the last 7 years, just moved to D/FW tlast year. They are DIE HARD Cowgirl fans down there, just like the *****s up here. I am a native Houstonian for 22 years though.

Wolf
01-11-2006, 06:39 PM
heck 2 1st rounders plus Rickey.... I'd jump at that

I like Carr and hope he stays, but I honestly feel the beating he has taken the last few years has taken it's toll.. Unless we get the early '90's cowboy offensive line.. I am not sure if he will ever feel comfortable in the pocket

bigcarlos
01-11-2006, 06:52 PM
weather is a bit chilly, they want Vince Young BAD here in San Antonio....... Big UT town here. They want Ricky Williams too.
We sure do:redtowel:

Carr Bombed
01-11-2006, 07:59 PM
I wouldnt give them Tony Banks for Ricky Williams............. Look I know this trade isn't going to go down, but in some alter universe if I was able to swing a trade involving Tony Banks for Ricky it would be a no brainer. If Ricky helped us to 4 extra wins that would be more value than Banks has given us in 4 years.

The Dolphins have him by the balls and so will any other team that gets him, He has to play out his contract, because he basicly is in debt. Also towards the end of the season he has turned into the Ricky of old.

Ricky suffers from social anxiety disorder. He never wanted to be the face of a franchise (do you remember his NO interviews where he wouldn't take his helmet off) and after meeting Earl he never wanted to be the workhorse that got beat into the ground. Those are two things he WAS in Miami, thats the real reason he ran from the game.

Since the Dolphins have drafted Ronnie and he returned, his teamates have said Ricky is having the best time in his career, because he is just a part of the team and not the whole team, they say he is having fun and enjoying football again and his teamates say he is always smiling.

Even though Ricky has made mistakes in his career he has never been a selfish or bad person. He is really misunderstood

Wolf
01-11-2006, 08:02 PM
I realize Brees is hurt now, but why would the Dolphins (rumored) to give up so much for Carr when they could go for Rivers and try to pry him out of S.D.?

Carr Bombed
01-11-2006, 08:03 PM
I don't think they're after carr

gotexans828
01-11-2006, 08:23 PM
All this talk about Carr sucking and we need to trade him is stupid! The real question here is this "How good is Carr?" Answer: Who knows!!! He hasn't had an offensive line to protect him long enough to allow him to take the 5th step in his 5-step drop and pick a secondary apart, or had a coach help him in his development. With our luck, he'd get traded and end up a superbowl winner and NFL MVP the following year, all because we didn't know that he is actually was a pretty good QB when given the proper tools. Don't get me wrong, I like Young, but let's face it, we have a diamond in the rough with Carr! Bottom Line: We need to build, not rebuild------Reggie Bush #1 :ok:

zeplin
01-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Why oh why would we trade for I need another hit Ricky . Do we not have enough issues.Miami should pay us to take him off their hands with no trade. Miami would probably still be getting the best deal. He has no heart.
NEXT!!!!

Carr Bombed
01-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Why oh why would we trade for I need another hit Ricky . Do we not have enough issues.Miami should pay us to take him off their hands with no trade. Miami would probably still be getting the best deal. He has no heart.
NEXT!!!!Actually, I don't think they want to trade him. The Dolphins, his teamates, and Nick Saben are more than happy to see him return and probably won't even put him on the block. A backfield with R. Williams and R. Brown is arguably the best backfield if the league, come to think of it I can't think of one better (even if we get Bush) and one of the big reasons why the Dolphins will be going to the playoffs next year.

As far as you saying he has no heart do you know him personally. I love how people like to trash players and throw them by the side when the screw up, like they're not human and don't make mistakes.

Mightymike
01-11-2006, 08:43 PM
We'd basically be trading Reggie Bush for Ricky Williams. We'll get Young, and a RB that is proven.... sounds like everyone should be happy. Well, if it weren't for Ricky's psyche.... I mean Ricky would be closer to Austin, which I here is where he'd like to be...

If only there were a way we could be sure he won't stiff us like he did the Dolphins.... Surely it would be a big gamble, I don't think Casserly has the 'nads.

But then again, what if he does stiff us.... we'd be fine at RB, but it would basically mean we gave Carr away for a 3rd round pick...... I don't know about that.

how much value would you exoect to get out of Carr. 3rd round pick isn't that far away

zeplin
01-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Actually, I don't think they want to trade him. The Dolphins, his teamates, and Nick Saben are more than happy to see him return and probably won't even put him on the block. A backfield with R. Williams and R. Brown is arguably the best backfield if the league, come to think of it I can't think of one better (even if we get Bush) and one of the big reasons why the Dolphins will be going to the playoffs next year.

As far as you saying he has no heart do you know him personally. I love how people like to trash players and throw them by the side when the screw up, like they're not human and don't make mistakes.

Please he walked out on his teammates.Thats a pretty big mistake. Why is he back in Miami, because of one reason and it is not loyalty.

mexican_texan
01-11-2006, 08:49 PM
I checked out a Fins forum and 52% of the members wouldn't trade Ricky for David Carr straight up, w/no draft picks.

bigcarlos
01-11-2006, 08:52 PM
I am sure Carr is willing to go anywere to a team and city that wants him.
:redtowel:
Good Luck to him

Carr Bombed
01-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Please he walked out on his teammates.Thats a pretty big mistake. Why is he back in Miami, because of one reason and it is not loyalty.Open your eyes, He didn't walk away from millions to smoke marijuana. You obviously don't understand his disorder, I suggest you look it up and read about it. He wasn't comfortable being the franchise. He met with Earl and it messed him up in the head when he saw how crippled Earl was. Go back and look at Ricky's carries and compare them to Earl's. Ricky couldn't stand football anymore and he didn't want to be in front of the camera. There was a lot more deeper issues than just smoking marijuana. People that have known him said he failed those tests on purpose, because he wanted a way out. Your right he isn't back in Miami for loyalty, which is why I said the dolphins have him by the balls, but since he has come back and since he has someone to split carries with and isn't the feature back and isnt the franchise and doesn't have cameras shoved up his.....Which is what he always wanted, he is very happy now and content. Like I said Ricky is a very complex and a misunderstood guy.

TEXANS84
01-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Here's Dolphins fans take on that suggestion:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=118368

Janus3
01-12-2006, 02:51 AM
ok i was listening to the radio on the way home from work this evening and i heard this scenario, i tuned in a little late and i'm not sure if it was a rumor or just a fans wish. anyways, the trade was the dolphins trade ricky williams and the texans trade carr and a 3rd rounder and with the first pick the texans take a qb. what are your thoughts. personally me, i'm against it, ricky williams is about 2 years from declining so overall nothing would really change in the long run accept for having a different qb.

Texan in Japan
01-12-2006, 03:31 AM
Old rumor and we'd be crazy to give up that much for Ricky...even CC's not that stupid.

Huge
01-12-2006, 07:20 AM
Rumor I heard said it was Ricky and the 'Phins 1st in '07 for Carr and a 3rd.

Samer
01-12-2006, 07:49 AM
IT is a rumour that hopefully isn't true

Big B Texan Fan
01-12-2006, 07:52 AM
Could be a rumor but why dosn't it go away. It keps re-surfacing.

BREAZE
01-12-2006, 09:33 AM
The radio reported 1st rounder in 2007, yet I previously read this rumor some time ago and I recall it saying a 3rd rounder. Appparently Ricky is dirt cheap which is part of it. Its going to be rumor city for a while, but this one has the momentum at the moment...

kingh99
01-12-2006, 10:13 AM
I checked out a Fins forum and 52% of the members wouldn't trade Ricky for David Carr straight up, w/no draft picks.

They won 5 games in a row at the end of the year with their scrub. Why the heck would they want an unlovable loser?

kingh99
01-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Open your eyes, He didn't walk away from millions to smoke marijuana. You obviously don't understand his disorder, I suggest you look it up and read about it. He wasn't comfortable being the franchise. He met with Earl and it messed him up in the head when he saw how crippled Earl was. Go back and look at Ricky's carries and compare them to Earl's. Ricky couldn't stand football anymore and he didn't want to be in front of the camera. There was a lot more deeper issues than just smoking marijuana. People that have known him said he failed those tests on purpose, because he wanted a way out. Your right he isn't back in Miami for loyalty, which is why I said the dolphins have him by the balls, but since he has come back and since he has someone to split carries with and isn't the feature back and isnt the franchise and doesn't have cameras shoved up his.....Which is what he always wanted, he is very happy now and content. Like I said Ricky is a very complex and a misunderstood guy.

Show me an NFL running back whose normal. They don't exist. It's a job for masochists like Clinton Portis. He gets off on being tackled (LOL). A lot of em are like him, they just don't express it the same way. Ricky Williams is kinda like that (LOL).

People who get off on being disabled become running backs. I mean really, who in their right mind....different strokes for different folks. Running back isn't a position for pretty boys (Reggie Bush). They tend to get uppity about having their bodies destroyed. They tend to have attitudes. Give me some lunch pail guy (like DD or this guy Foster with Carolina) over a pretty boy any day at the position.

For guys like Reggie, it's all fun and games until the competition catches up with them. The NFL is a man's league (LOL again).

HoustonFrog
01-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Do they have HEBs and SuperCuts in Miami?:)

Big B Texan Fan
01-12-2006, 10:30 AM
Do they have HEBs and SuperCuts in Miami?:)
Publix is the store for groceries. Don't know about supercuts. They do have Kenny Rogers Rotisserie Chicken though.

LCOOL
01-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Publix is the store for groceries. Don't know about supercuts. They do have Kenny Rogers Rotisserie Chicken though.
Like I have been telling you along Gus Ferrote will be traded for Carr, and ferrote will lead the texans to the promise land like he did the redskins and dolphins.:redtowel:

El Tejano
01-12-2006, 10:48 AM
I really wouldn't mind getting Gus Ferrote. He would be the ideal warmer for Vince Young.

TEXANFAN23435
01-12-2006, 11:33 AM
Not that I agree with this but if Miami wanted to move up to secure a QB, it is going to cost a lot!!! For sake of running with this rumor, the only way I do this trade is:
1. Swap 1st round picks.
2. We get Ricky Williams and their 2nd and 6th round picks this year.
3. Based on Ricky's performance, this will determine if next years pick is a Rd.1 or a Rd.2 and Rd.5 next year.
4. That's the cost for getting a future franchise QB. Remember, Miami needs a QB more than we need RW.
5. If we did this trade, no doubt we have two RB's going on the market.

I would prefer to let Miami roll the dice on a Rookie QB, before I would give up on Carr.

texplayer2
01-12-2006, 11:37 AM

Ask Janus and whoever started that other thread about the Rumor.:rolleyes:

LCOOL
01-12-2006, 11:41 AM
I really wouldn't mind getting Gus Ferrote. He would be the ideal warmer for Vince Young.
VY needs learn under a veteran QB

Hervoyel
01-12-2006, 11:44 AM

The VY crowd want it to be true so they keep it alive.

MorKnolle
01-12-2006, 11:52 AM
The VY crowd want it to be true so they keep it alive.

I've gotta agree here, I really don't see how bringing Ricky Williams's current abilities here and shipping off our QB is going to help this team.

titan hater
01-12-2006, 12:01 PM
I've gotta agree here, I really don't see how bringing Ricky Williams's current abilities here and shipping off our QB is going to help this team.

Agreed! Do we really need a blunt smoking quitter like RW? I think not!!!

tjwhite123
01-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Has anybody else read anywhere the proposal that Carr might be traded to the Dolphins for Ricky Williams and a third round pick? I dont honestly think it is worth it, i mean a drug addict lets be honest or Vince Young or Reggie Bush. Either of the later two will do for me. If we get Vince let him back up for a year and then see what to do!

texanmojo
01-12-2006, 12:31 PM
Not likely to happen. The Texans would have to take the cap hit on Carr in order to trade him...and that's not going to happen.

sprtsfanatic
01-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Has anybody else read anywhere the proposal that Carr might be traded to the Dolphins for Ricky Williams and a third round pick? I dont honestly think it is worth it, i mean a drug addict lets be honest or Vince Young or Reggie Bush. Either of the later two will do for me. If we get Vince let him back up for a year and then see what to do!

Its been posted on the board about a week ago...if not longer already. Might want to check to see if the topic is already out...moderators hate threads that are posted repeatedly.

D-ReK
01-12-2006, 01:04 PM
moderators hate threads that are posted repeatedly.

...and yet we have 785542 threads about Reggie Bush and Vince Young :ok: ...

TexanSam
01-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Ricky Williams had his 15 minutes of fame. If he's going to be a star again, let him do it in Miami. Who knows when he'll decide to run off again.

exclude
01-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Not likely to happen. The Texans would have to take the cap hit on Carr in order to trade him...and that's not going to happen.

What cap hit??? New CBA hasnt been signed....:)

But I agree withcha...

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
01-13-2006, 07:21 AM
I Highly Doubt Mcnair Is Going To Give Up David Carr A Class Act For Some Ex Drug Addict Who Sits In A Tent In Another Country And Smokes Hash, You Might As Well Say The Texans Are Going Out To Get Terrell Owens To Make The Deal Better, Get Real And Post Something Worth Reading

chall8
01-13-2006, 04:15 PM
The Longhorn in me wants to believe it's true, but I think this is just a fan rumor that somehow bubbled up to a couple of NFL sites.

WiiBrawler
01-14-2006, 07:16 PM
Why do we need Ricky? We need Reggie Bush!

Reggie Reggie Reggie!!

TexanFanInCC
01-14-2006, 08:43 PM
I call bulls*1+

The source is a joke and mabye gets something right 5% of the time.

amen. did the thread starter ever post a source?

LongBignasty1
01-14-2006, 09:54 PM
The Rockets are going after Ron Artest did you ever see that coming?
Don't be so quick to brush off this RW trade and get off Carr's J@@k

Bobo
01-15-2006, 12:40 AM

Stay tuned.

=============

You'll really like Mel Gibson's "Conspiracy Theory."

Glacier
01-17-2006, 02:16 PM
So, here was something that I just picked up on....not sure if a thread has been posted on this topic yet but....

There was a rumor circulating that Miami would be highly interested in trading for David Carr.....

primary trade bait?

Ricky Williams.

That would give Houston a SERIOUSLY dangerous 1-2-3 running threat with Dominack Davis, Ricky and Vince....

OR

For the Vince haters....

Leinhart drafted 1st over AND you still get Ricky Williams....

This wouldn't make me a "Texan's" fan but, I'd at least not change the channel when the Texans are playing.

I'll say it again. Drafting Vince Young is less about a smart "football" decision and more about a smart "Business" decision. I'd watch Vince over Bledsoe. ;)

jerek
01-17-2006, 02:21 PM
Take your backhanded fandom elsewhere, you Cowgirls stoolie. :challenge

And this has been posted about once every day on here for the last two weeks. The reason it keeps slipping to the bottom is because no one puts any credit in it, and it got old talking about it. Just FYI.

MorKnolle
01-17-2006, 02:28 PM
I'll say it again. Drafting Vince Young is less about a smart "football" decision and more about a smart "Business" decision. I'd watch Vince over Bledsoe. ;)

I'm glad to see a VY fan admit that drafting him is more of a good business decision rather than a good football decision, and luckily for the rest of us good teams are built on making wise football decisions and not drafting someone just to sell a few more jerseys.

Glacier
01-17-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm glad to see a VY fan admit that drafting him is more of a good business decision rather than a good football decision, and luckily for the rest of us good teams are built on making wise football decisions and not drafting someone just to sell a few more jerseys.

O no doubt. Look, there is no doubt that Vince will not be able to contribue as fast as a Reggie Bush....

my whole thing is, I just can't understand why the Texans would even be looking at Bush. Maybe my perception is wrong, but I actually LIKE Dominack Davis.

If no Vince, then trade down, get picks and get a real hoss back like LenDale White. I've said that before on these boards too.....its beating a dead horse now.

MorKnolle
01-17-2006, 02:36 PM
O no doubt. Look, there is no doubt that Vince will not be able to contribue as fast as a Reggie Bush....

my whole thing is, I just can't understand why the Texans would even be looking at Bush. Maybe my perception is wrong, but I actually LIKE Dominack Davis.

If no Vince, then trade down, get picks and get a real hoss back like LenDale White. I've said that before on these boards too.....its beating a dead horse now.

I agree with you that trading down would be the best option, but taking LenDale White would not be a good decision with that. In taking Reggie, you at least get a RB with rare speed, but taking White (or DeAngelo Williams or any of the others in this year's draft) does not do much for the team, so after trading down we need to address the OLine and defense, not bring in another RB.

Bucc_Nasty
01-20-2006, 10:47 AM
Heard a Rumor that the Texans might take Vince in the 1st and run a trade for the 2nd rounder and Carr to miami for Ricky Williams. This hit me way off guard when i first heard it but the more i ponder it the more I LOVE the move. I think it could end a few issues your team has had the last few years and could mean with a little influence in free ageency you could pick up a few key lineman for your O and I'd say your on the road to turn around.

Just thought i'd pop in and see what the teams actual fans would think of this...

MorKnolle
01-20-2006, 10:52 AM
Heard a Rumor that the Texans might take Vince in the 1st and run a trade for the 2nd rounder and Carr to miami for Ricky Williams. This hit me way off guard when i first heard it but the more i ponder it the more I LOVE the move. I think it could end a few issues your team has had the last few years and could mean with a little influence in free ageency you could pick up a few key lineman for your O and I'd say your on the road to turn around.

Just thought i'd pop in and see what the teams actual fans would think of this...

Can we please stop re-posting this silly rumor? It keeps getting more and more far-fetched now, at least before we were hearing Ricky and the Dolphins 1st for Carr, now it's Carr and our 2nd for Ricky. Carr is not going anywhere, definitely not to Miami for Ricky Williams.

Bucc_Nasty
01-20-2006, 10:56 AM
Didn't come here to ask you if you thought it was true..i purely asked you..if it happend..what would you think...

Vinny
01-20-2006, 10:57 AM
Didn't come here to ask you if you thought it was true..i purely asked you..if it happend..what would you think...Using the search function would have gotten you to a 100 post thread on this topic

rafterticket
01-20-2006, 11:54 AM
Ferrote is coming, this will be the move in Texan history, thanks to uncle Charlie, after this trade he will named GM of the year lol

Whew! I was worried about your mental stability for a minute. Now that I see you're joking around, I feel better.

Toro
01-22-2006, 02:10 AM
Hey guys,

Did you hear about that potential Miami-Houston deal involving David Carr and Ricky Williams??

:redtowel: Just kidding around..

Texan in Japan
01-22-2006, 02:59 AM
Here is an interesting article on to trade or not...

http://blackvoices.aol.com/black_sports/columnists/roysjohnson?id=20060109141109990001

jacquescas
01-22-2006, 04:37 AM
isn't it funny, Miami a team basically sans QB but otherwise fairly complete ( no real recievers either but no way to know without a QB) they kinda remind me of the ravens, very complete except the QB, i think both these teams would trade picks and would be very happy to aquire Carr.

funny how quick we are to dump him.

Hottoddie
01-22-2006, 11:59 AM
If there's any truth to the trade rumor, then it might be the best deal we could hope to get. Ricky Williams (with his head on straight), Vince Young, & AJ would make for a very exciting "Big 3". Add in a TE with our second round pick (#33) & we could have one heck of a solid offensive team. With Vernon Davis, Marcedes Lewis, Leonard Pope, Anthony Fasano, Joel Klopfenstein, & Dominique Byrd coming out, we should be able to land a solid TE. Maybe, with a little luck, one of the big 3 will drop to the 2nd round. Ya' never know.

Anyway, this rumor doesn't seem to want to die. The Miami Herald ran an article about it today. I, especially, like the speculation about us getting a #1 pick along with Williams (WOW!). However, they have a quote from an unnamed NFL executive that states Carr's contract is untradeable. Take it for what it's worth to you.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/13680415.htm

Around the NFL | An expensive Carr for Texans
BY JASON COLE
jcole@MiamiHerald.com

Fan websites continue to churn the idea of Houston QB David Carr being traded to the Dolphins in exchange for a package of RB Ricky Williams and either a first-, second- or third-round pick.

While there is some logic to the idea -- the Texans could then take Houston native and Texas star QB Vince Young with the No. 1 overall pick -- there's one really big problem.

Do the Dolphins want to pay $24.5 million over the next three years for Carr?

That's the basic price. The breakdown is this: There are two options in Carr's contract. The first is that the Texans can pay him a $5.5 million bonus on Feb. 19 and then pay him base salaries of $5 million this year and $5.25 million in 2007. That's $15.75 million for two years.

The second is that Carr gets an $8 million bonus on Feb. 19 and base salaries of $5.25 million this year, $5.25 million in 2007 and $6 million in 2008. That's $24.5 million for three years. Neither price is appetizing for a guy who has a lot of potential but not much in results over his first four years.

The Texans could also not pick up the option and simply designate Carr as the team's franchise player. But that move only decreases his value because it means that a team acquiring Carr would have him on only a one-year deal.

In short, as one NFL executive said recently: "The contract isn't tradable.''

thunderkyss
01-22-2006, 12:40 PM

I agree with trading down, but Lendale isn't my idea of what to do with that pick.

But I would definitely say there is reasonable doubt that Reggie would contribute faster than Vince. Especially if he is drafted on our team. Look at Ricky Williams' first two seasons with the Saints....

thunderkyss
01-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Can we please stop re-posting this silly rumor? It keeps getting more and more far-fetched now, at least before we were hearing Ricky and the Dolphins 1st for Carr, now it's Carr and our 2nd for Ricky. Carr is not going anywhere, definitely not to Miami for Ricky Williams.

The most far fetched part of the Rumor is that we'd have to sign Carr in order to trade him to begin with....... Which means we'd be giving up Carr's $5.5 million dollar cap hit, plus what ever we pay Ricky... which to me sounds a little far fetched.

But I'd take RW over RB any day as a RunningBack.

RickyWilliams for Carr......... seems like an even trade to me........ if we've got to give up a second, then we need to work on our negotiating skills. If they initiated the (so far unsubstantiated) trade, then they see value, and they should be offering their 2nd/round pick, this year.

thunderkyss
01-22-2006, 01:10 PM

I think it would be a good football decision, and a no brainer business move.

I'd be happy, if I can get a Carr fan to admit their decision is based on Homerism. And nothing more.

:homer:

Lucky
01-22-2006, 01:20 PM
Do the Dolphins want to pay $24.5 million over the next three years for Carr?
The Dolphins, nor any other team that traded for Carr, would have to pay David $24.5 mil over 3 seasons. If the Texans paid the $8 mil option and traded Carr, the team David goes to would be responsible for a 3 year, $16.5 million contract. And they could cut or trade Carr at any time without a cap penalty.

If the Texans decided to exercise Carr's option, then trade David and eat the bonus, there would be suitors for his services. It's not going to happen, but these "journalists" should at least get their facts straight.

infantrycak
01-22-2006, 01:32 PM
The Dolphins, nor any other team that traded for Carr, would have to pay David $24.5 mil over 3 seasons. If the Texans paid the $8 mil option and traded Carr, the team David goes to would be responsible for a 3 year, $16.5 million contract. And they could cut or trade Carr at any time without a cap penalty.

If the Texans decided to exercise Carr's option, then trade David and eat the bonus, there would be suitors for his services. It's not going to happen, but these "journalists" should at least get their facts straight.

Thank you. I don't think it is going to happen--because the Texans won't try--but the Texans paying the $8 mil would actually make Carr a more attractive QB for teams because they wouldn't be on the hook for any of that bonus money and would be left with what at that point would not be a burdensome QB contract.

mike230765
02-02-2006, 12:52 PM
i was just wondering if anyone heard about the texans swaping 1 rd pick with the dolphins and picking up ricky williams? i heard it somewhere but don't know if it is something that they are really considering?

travfrancis
02-02-2006, 12:53 PM
that would be an awful trade, and i see no way that happens

swaping 1sts is way too high of a price to pay for ricky williams.

Kaiser Toro
02-02-2006, 12:56 PM
Only if his New Orleans connections have moved to Houston. ;)

mike230765
02-02-2006, 12:57 PM
I thought Master P did move to houston?

tulexan
02-02-2006, 12:59 PM
I heard on ESPN this morning that there is a rumor that the Broncos will trade for Ricky Williams if they do not get Terrell Owens.

bigTEXan8
02-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Ricky Williams has nothing on DD. That would be a :brickwall move if I ever saw one. A 7th round pick is worth more to me than Smoke. I still have no respect for Smoke. You just don't up and leave your team in the lurch like that. Horrible. Sorry, off-topic.

Lucky
02-02-2006, 01:32 PM
I heard on ESPN this morning that there is a rumor that the Broncos will trade for Ricky Williams if they do not get Terrell Owens.
Does that make any sense? I guess it does in Bristol's Fantasyland. They don't play the same position, what would one have to do with the other?

Texas_Heat
02-02-2006, 02:04 PM
Ricky Williams, If they trade for him I'm going to start rooting for the Titans:jk:

MorKnolle
02-02-2006, 10:14 PM

I agree, what sense would it make for the Broncos to grab Ricky Williams when they already have Mike Anderson, Tatum Bell, and Ron Dayne? I could see them trading for a player at almost any position other than QB and RB.

edo783
02-02-2006, 10:23 PM
I agree, what sense would it make for the Broncos to grab Ricky Williams when they already have Mike Anderson, Tatum Bell, and Ron Dayne? I could see them trading for a player at almost any position other than QB and RB.

It seems to be a strange idea, but the sports radio in Denver is reporting that there has been two internal Broncos meetings ragarding picking up Ricky. Not sure were they are at with it, but this is the group that picked up Clarrett.

Tha_Tinman
02-03-2006, 02:49 PM

I don't know about ole Gussy Free Rot! Leave him be. I'd take the Ricky Williams trade ...anything to free me of this David Carr bondage. Don't get me wrong ...he's a great kid ...and he was a really good ambassador for the city of Houston. I've supported him the past few years because of his healthy attitude.

But seriously ...you gotta take Vince ...u just gotta.

Now ...are there any rumors of a Texans-Saints trade? I'd be really interested in knowing that.

I wonder if anything like that has ever happened ...u know ...1st and 2nd picks in the draft by one team??? Anyone know?

MorKnolle
02-03-2006, 02:59 PM
I don't know about ole Gussy Free Rot! Leave him be. I'd take the Ricky Williams trade ...anything to free me of this David Carr bondage. Don't get me wrong ...he's a great kid ...and he was a really good ambassador for the city of Houston. I've supported him the past few years because of his healthy attitude.

But seriously ...you gotta take Vince ...u just gotta.

Now ...are there any rumors of a Texans-Saints trade? I'd be really interested in knowing that.

I wonder if anything like that has ever happened ...u know ...1st and 2nd picks in the draft by one team??? Anyone know?

It likely has never happened, Washington had the #3/4 or 4/5 a few years back but that's the closest thing I've heard of, and it won't happen again this year. It would be ridiculous to try and make a trade with the Saints to get the #2, we're going to have to give up Carr ($8 million cap hit to do so) and probably Andre Johnson (another $7-8 million cap hit) to get the #2 pick, then we have two rookies that will cost a combined $100 million over 5-6 years, no good WR to go with a QB that's already going to take 1-2 years to develop into a starter, and we've tied up 30% of our money for the next 5-6 years and won't be able to afford to bring in much of anything else. The economics of that kind of a trade don't make any sense, the football aspect of it doesn't make any sense, and it will never happen.

Nighthawk
02-03-2006, 06:02 PM
The Ricky-to-Denver thing seems to have legs. And there are people out there looking for a QB, so a Carr trade doesn't seem to be out of the question, though from what everyone connected to the Texicans says we are married to Carr forever and a day. Maybe that's real or maybe that's talk, I have no clue. I persist in thinking that given the state of the team if we could get good value out of Carr now we should do it. Ricky and a pick? Better yet, the Jets, the Raiders, even N.O.? The Phins?

I mean, given the disenchantment that everyone has to feel to a certain degree, I figure they gotta listen if people come calling. But hey, that's me. Kubiak says he loves Carr, Casserly, too, McNair wishes Carr were his son, sounds like. A change of heart seems unlikely.

Tha_Tinman
02-03-2006, 07:52 PM
It likely has never happened, Washington had the #3/4 or 4/5 a few years back but that's the closest thing I've heard of, and it won't happen again this year. It would be ridiculous to try and make a trade with the Saints to get the #2, we're going to have to give up Carr ($8 million cap hit to do so) and probably Andre Johnson (another $7-8 million cap hit) to get the #2 pick, then we have two rookies that will cost a combined $100 million over 5-6 years, no good WR to go with a QB that's already going to take 1-2 years to develop into a starter, and we've tied up 30% of our money for the next 5-6 years and won't be able to afford to bring in much of anything else. The economics of that kind of a trade don't make any sense, the football aspect of it doesn't make any sense, and it will never happen.

Ahh not so much ...I mean what happens if the Texans don't offer this extension to Carr ...that $8 Mil just goes away right ...and Carr becomes a free agent ...not this year but next? Is that how it works?

Anyways, Domanick already got his extension AND his phat bonus check ...he's a solid back ...nobody really talks about him in this whole equation.

And as far as the cap goes ...McNair (Or was that Les Alexander ...anyways) has said that he will spend the money to get the players he needs ...so hey ...its only money ...right? Give the fans what they want ...and its not whether you win or lose ...its how many people you can get to watch it!

One more point!!!! LEARN FROM THE ROCKETS!!! They had 3 first round picks when Rashard Lewis came out ...boy don't they regret not taking that hometown kid!

awtysst
02-03-2006, 07:59 PM
I wonder if a trade of DD and a third for the Dolphins first rounder would be plausible. This would give the dolphins two solid backs and they could then trade ricky to the Broncos. This helps houston becuase we could then have 2 firsts, 1 second, and 1 third. So, with our first, we could trade down to 4, pick up a second and player TBD. This way we have 2 first, 2 second, 1 3rd. We could take 2 playmakers in the first round, 2 in the second and still have the first pick in the third round plus the player we picked up in the trade to 4.

MorKnolle
02-04-2006, 12:28 AM
Ahh not so much ...I mean what happens if the Texans don't offer this extension to Carr ...that $8 Mil just goes away right ...and Carr becomes a free agent ...not this year but next? Is that how it works?

Anyways, Domanick already got his extension AND his phat bonus check ...he's a solid back ...nobody really talks about him in this whole equation.

And as far as the cap goes ...McNair (Or was that Les Alexander ...anyways) has said that he will spend the money to get the players he needs ...so hey ...its only money ...right? Give the fans what they want ...and its not whether you win or lose ...its how many people you can get to watch it!

One more point!!!! LEARN FROM THE ROCKETS!!! They had 3 first round picks when Rashard Lewis came out ...boy don't they regret not taking that hometown kid!

If we don't resign Carr and let him go, then we won't be able to trade him for the #2 pick, as was suggested in the previous scenario, so we don't get the top two picks and draft Reggie and Vince. Either way they've repeatedly said they are resigning Carr and they like him as QB.

I wonder if a trade of DD and a third for the Dolphins first rounder would be plausible. This would give the dolphins two solid backs and they could then trade ricky to the Broncos. This helps houston becuase we could then have 2 firsts, 1 second, and 1 third. So, with our first, we could trade down to 4, pick up a second and player TBD. This way we have 2 first, 2 second, 1 3rd. We could take 2 playmakers in the first round, 2 in the second and still have the first pick in the third round plus the player we picked up in the trade to 4.

If the Dolphins are looking to get rid of Ricky Williams (who is still a decent RB but is currently quite cheap) why would they trade away their 1st round pick for another RB that is going to cost them a lot more money, especially when one of their top needs this offseason is a QB, and they will likely go for a QB like Jay Cutler in the 1st round?

Coach C.
02-04-2006, 08:11 AM
Wow when I left I figured this thread would have been gone. Now I see it is thriving. Sad really.

LongBignasty1
02-06-2006, 07:48 PM
I think it is awesome!
David Carr and the dolphins!

awtysst
02-06-2006, 08:23 PM
If the Dolphins are looking to get rid of Ricky Williams (who is still a decent RB but is currently quite cheap) why would they trade away their 1st round pick for another RB that is going to cost them a lot more money, especially when one of their top needs this offseason is a QB, and they will likely go for a QB like Jay Cutler in the 1st round?

One reason could be that they dont trust ricky. he is one drug test away from doom and maybe they still dont trust him. Plus Dom is younger and can compliment Ronnie Brown as the cadilac did in college. So what Miami can do is trade Ricky to Denver and pick up extra picks. It would rid them of ricky, get them a good young back, and extra picks.

MorKnolle
02-06-2006, 10:02 PM
One reason could be that they dont trust ricky. he is one drug test away from doom and maybe they still dont trust him. Plus Dom is younger and can compliment Ronnie Brown as the cadilac did in college. So what Miami can do is trade Ricky to Denver and pick up extra picks. It would rid them of ricky, get them a good young back, and extra picks.

I wouldn't trust Ricky either, but that doesn't change the fact that the Dolphins won't even consider giving up the #16 pick for Domanick Davis and one of our 3rd rounders.

thunderkyss
02-06-2006, 10:10 PM
If we don't resign Carr and let him go, then we won't be able to trade him for the #2 pick, as was suggested in the previous scenario, so we don't get the top two picks and draft Reggie and Vince. Either way they've repeatedly said they are resigning Carr and they like him as QB.

Are these the same people who said they were going to fix the Offensive line, and get David some help??

If Jay is their guy, they won't be looking to trade for the #1. They'd be going for Lienart, or Young.

ubecool454
02-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Anything he makes is too much money. That crack smoker just needs to stay away from our team!
he smokes blunts not crack!:yahoo:

BlueThunder
02-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Either way everythings good but I think we should go after DE Jason Taylor. Then pick up Edgerrin James or another TB to save cost on a DE.Lets make a multipule player deal and get the players that don't fit there 34 for some of our that don't fit the 43...

Carr
Walker
and 2 LBer
for
DE Jason Taylor
RB Ricky Williams
CB Sam Madison
LB --?--
AND a 3rd

Htown34s
02-07-2006, 03:21 PM
Carr
Walker
and 2 LBer
for
DE Jason Taylor
RB Ricky Williams
CB Sam Madison
LB --?--
AND a 3rd

BT, while I doubt that trade would be made it would be a good team to trade with on the defensive side since we're both switching. We do have some extra DT's and OLB's...