PDA

View Full Version : Bush is staying at USC. Speculation

eric138
01-09-2006, 08:14 AM
Bus will decide to stay at USC now that Young has declared.

Reasons:

1. He wants to be numbero uno and with Vince in the draft he might end up number 4 or more.

2. With Young not at Texas and Lienart coming out he has a real good chance of show boating again and being a super-bad-ash and being no.1 next year after another championship.

3. Them two are good nuff.

This means Texans will take Young, since he is the best pick, or they will trade down because Carr is the HMFIC and will rule all.

Bubbajwp
01-09-2006, 08:29 AM

Reasons:

1. He wants to be numbero uno and with Vince in the draft he might end up number 4 or more.

2. With Young not at Texas and Lienart coming out he has a real good chance of show boating again and being a super-bad-ash and being no.1 next year after another championship.

This means Texans will take Young, since he is the best pick, or they will trade down because Carr is the HMFIC and will rule all.
I actually agree. If he stays you can pretty much give him the hiesman.

TEXANRED
01-09-2006, 08:33 AM
How is Bush going to go number four when the Texans take him with the first pick in the draft?

YoungTexanFan
01-09-2006, 08:33 AM
I actually agree. If he stays you can pretty much give him the hiesman.

maybe the heisman, but not a NC. He will not have the same team next year, and all he would be doing is risking injury.

TEXANRED
01-09-2006, 08:34 AM
Are the Texans trading down to the fourth spot?

Texans_Chick
01-09-2006, 08:36 AM
Darnit.

I hate deceptive titles like that.

I thought he announced he actually was staying in school. But it was yet another dude just saying what he thinks might happen but we will find out soon enough.

nunusguy
01-09-2006, 08:40 AM
More likely than not Bush will go number 1 this year if he comes out, whether the Texans take him or the team who the Texans trade their number 1 to does. Of course his teammate (Leinert), had the same scenario last year, but decided to remain in school for another year.
I dunno....they got some good football players at USC, but bright they aren't.
And congrats to Vince, he made the right call no matter where he ends up
at.

eric138
01-09-2006, 08:43 AM
How is Bush going to go number four when the Texans take him with the first pick in the draft?

because:

Texans might take Young.
'aints Lienart
Titans - a QB (probably Jay Cutler)
Jets - may take Bush
Packers - may take Bush if available.

or Bush goes back to USC and pulls another Heisman and comes next year as number 1 after showing his fotball skills wants again.

Afrokid
01-09-2006, 08:58 AM
if they titans trade down they are going to get d brick and probably get a qb in the second or possible later rounds. DJ Shockely could possible be the next Tom Brady. If not they are going to aim their guns at Troy Smith for next years draft depending on how well he handles the offense at Ohio State.

TheOgre
01-09-2006, 08:59 AM
There is really no doubt in my mind that Bush is coming out.

MorKnolle
01-09-2006, 09:58 AM
because:

Texans might take Young.
'aints Lienart
Titans - a QB (probably Jay Cutler)
Jets - may take Bush
Packers - may take Bush if available.

or Bush goes back to USC and pulls another Heisman and comes next year as number 1 after showing his fotball skills wants again.

1) The Texans will not take Young.

2) The Titans won't take a Jay Cutler at #3, if Young is gone and they don't like Leinart then they keep Volek for their future starter, trade down and grab a OL or defensive player, and possibly look for a QB in the 2nd round (maybe Omar Jacobs)

Johnny Utah
01-09-2006, 10:01 AM
Too much risk for a RB to stay in school when he can go this high in the draft. He should have his head examined if he stays.

Wordem
01-09-2006, 10:52 AM
The Texans ARE taking Vince Young. You can bet on that. Trust me. McNair has no choice.

MorKnolle
01-09-2006, 11:02 AM
The Texans ARE taking Vince Young. You can bet on that. Trust me. McNair has no choice.

How much are you willing to bet on this?

Wordem
01-09-2006, 11:09 AM
How much are you willing to bet on this?

I've already placed such a bet, $1,000 to be precise, and I will win. Betting is closed.

Coach C.
01-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Interesting that you would waste money on something that is not going to happen. Hey why dont you send me a G and I will make a better bet with it. Either way Bush is likely going to have his press conference tomorrow. He will declare this week and unless the Jets or someone else offers us a nice trade (1st,2nd,4th and next years 1st, 3rd) then we will be taking Bush or Mario Williams #1.

MorKnolle
01-09-2006, 11:27 AM
I've already placed such a bet, $1,000 to be precise, and I will win. Betting is closed.

You don't sound so confident in your choice then if you've closed off betting on something you're so sure of.

tulexan
01-09-2006, 11:30 AM
No he is confident because Vince Young is going to be the first player ever to be simultaneously drafted #1 and admitted into the Hall of Fame.

swtbound07
01-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Interesting that you would waste money on something that is not going to happen. Hey why dont you send me a G and I will make a better bet with it. Either way Bush is likely going to have his press conference tomorrow. He will declare this week and unless the Jets or someone else offers us a nice trade (1st,2nd,4th and next years 1st, 3rd) then we will be taking Bush or Mario Williams #1.

now come on. Mario williams with the #1????? seriously? Bush maybe, young maybe, heck even d'brick maybe, trade down maybe....mario williams? not a chance. Casserly would be drawn and quartered

MorKnolle
01-09-2006, 12:10 PM
now come on. Mario williams with the #1????? seriously? Bush maybe, young maybe, heck even d'brick maybe, trade down maybe....mario williams? not a chance. Casserly would be drawn and quartered

If Mario Williams put up 40 times and other similar drills to Julius Peppers then yes he could go at #1. Peppers almost went #1 (Texans took Carr over him), and DEs are one of the few positions that are taken at #1 from time to time, so it could happen if he puts up some super workouts.

swtbound07
01-09-2006, 12:41 PM
If Mario Williams put up 40 times and other similar drills to Julius Peppers then yes he could go at #1. Peppers almost went #1 (Texans took Carr over him), and DEs are one of the few positions that are taken at #1 from time to time, so it could happen if he puts up some super workouts.

in the peppers draft, it could have. There were no superstar prospects. In this particular draft, he could bench press a million times, run a 3.3 40, and he still couldnt go any higher than 5.

LBC_Justin
01-09-2006, 01:05 PM

Reasons:

1. Someone would trade up to get Bush if we didn't want him.
2. Bush has so much hype behind him right now his stock has no where to go but down. He wouldn't return to USC and risk looking mortal or getting injured.

At this point my head is spinning and I don't even care who we pick in the draft as long as our O-line gets fixed.

LBC_Justin
01-09-2006, 01:07 PM
If Mario Williams put up 40 times and other similar drills to Julius Peppers then yes he could go at #1. Peppers almost went #1 (Texans took Carr over him), and DEs are one of the few positions that are taken at #1 from time to time, so it could happen if he puts up some super workouts.I wish Peppers were in this draft. So we could pick him.

MorKnolle
01-09-2006, 01:47 PM
in the peppers draft, it could have. There were no superstar prospects. In this particular draft, he could bench press a million times, run a 3.3 40, and he still couldnt go any higher than 5.

If Williams put up numbers similar to Peppers and we were switching to a 4-3, then I'd take him in a heartbeat at #1. 2002 was between Peppers and Carr for the #1 pick and many people wanted Peppers but we went with the franchise QB. We already have the franchise QB now, and we have a trio of capable RBs, so if Williams looked like the next Peppers and knowing we need some serious defensive help, I'd take him at #1, or try to trade down to #4 if I was absolutely sure he'd still be there.

texplayer2
01-09-2006, 06:50 PM

I thought Mcnair owned the team? Paid a Billion$$$$$$$$$$ or so for it. What makes you think he has no choice?:rolleyes:

kingh99
01-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Re McNair has no choice I agree. The media is tying his hands. Listening to 610 Radio they have renamed it Vince Young Radio. The media is doing it's level best to force his hands. Good I say. Carr isn't the answer no matter how mechanically pure and talented. He's tough as nails but doesn't possess the creative alpha wave needed to be a superstar. When Vince Young touches one hand to the ground steadying himself to make the run for the endzone, that's creativity. When John Elways tucks the ball and forces the linebacker up only to dump it off over his head, that's creativity. Carr doesn't have "it".

MorKnolle
01-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Despite all the local media attention and the petitions and whatever other nonsense some Houstonians are doing, McNair realizes that drafting Vince Young is not what is best for the team and he will not do it. Outside of Houston, no one is saying we should draft Vince, it is just some silly localized thing because Vince went to high school here and therefore is somehow going to be better for the team than other, better players or players that are actually filling a need on the team.

Porky
01-10-2006, 11:06 AM
We already have the franchise QB now

Could you please kindly tell me where he is at? In four years I haven't heard of one sighting of a franchise QB anywhere near Relaint Park. Maybe you could put out an APB for this franchise QB we supposedly posess. :brickwall

JDizzle
01-10-2006, 12:19 PM
maybe the heisman, but not a NC. He will not have the same team next year, and all he would be doing is risking injury.

I wouldn't count USC out just yet. I believe every lineman but Latui is returning, along with Dewayne Jarrett and Steve Smith. I'm not sure who their QB is, but remember who took Palmer's spot when he left? A sophomore QB ...

TexansCanes
01-10-2006, 03:29 PM
is anyone else bothered that someone just said that d.j. shockley could be the next tom brady?

i think bush comes out because unless the texans are just playing games and do plan on getting rid of carr (will not happen with the extension) he is going to go number one if we stay there. also, returning for a running back is more risky than qb just becasue you take a lot more hits. also, if reggie bush is the type of back that can't take the load than his draft status could be hurt. it wouldn't really suprise me if he does return. i would love to get mario williams especially if we are switching to a 4-3. if we don't want reggie than i would like to see us trade down to 4 and take him. he is a beast and could form a nice combination with travis johnson, who i think will excel with the scheme change.

tulexan
01-10-2006, 03:34 PM
well LenDale is leaving so I think Reggie is going to leave too