PDA

View Full Version : A word to the wise

RedInAustin
01-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Do not believe everything reported in the press - stories are planted for a variety of reasons.

Do not take at face value a statement made by an owner or GM as they may have reasons for making such statements that fans may not comprehend.

Everything may not be as it appears.

(I know I'm a new poster and you have no reason to believe what I have to say. Although I live in Austin I am not a Longhorn fan)

Carry on!

Tulip
01-08-2006, 11:18 AM
You're right. Especially when the team holds the #1 pick. Any statement made could be said to attract trade offers from other teams.

Of course, the Texans didn't do this the last time they had the #1 pick. They were set on their guy and they had a deal in place before the draft.

aj.
01-08-2006, 11:22 AM
One reason to take Mort's story yesterday with a grain of salt is because the Texans don't even have a freaking coaching staff yet, and yet ESPN "sources close to the team" KNOW who the Texans are going to take with their first pick? Riiiiiggght..

tulexan
01-08-2006, 11:26 AM
True, but if Kubiak is the head coach, which it looks like there is a good chance that he will be, the Vince Young talk is irrelevant because Kubiak loves David and believes that he can bring him to the next level.

RedInAustin
01-08-2006, 11:57 AM
True, but if Kubiak is the head coach, which it looks like there is a good chance that he will be, the Vince Young talk is irrelevant because Kubiak loves David and believes that he can bring him to the next level.

Someone is not paying attention. Ask yourself this, if Kubiak thinks he has a good chance of being named HC what other reason(s) might he have for making such positive comments about DC.
:brickwall

tulexan
01-08-2006, 12:00 PM
This isn't the only job opportunity that Kubiak has. If he does not agree with the way that the management wants to go, he could go to one of the several other teams that are interviewing him.

Tulip
01-08-2006, 12:02 PM
This isn't the only job opportunity that Kubiak has. If he does not agree with the way that the management wants to go, he could go to one of the several other teams that are interviewing him.

But Kubiak REALLY wants to come home.

If I were a coaching candidate, I would say that I could make something out of David Carr. I think it's an important selling point.

Carr Bombed
01-08-2006, 12:36 PM
This isn't the only job opportunity that Kubiak has. If he does not agree with the way that the management wants to go, he could go to one of the several other teams that are interviewing him.Kubiak is the only canidate that sounded excited about being here. he said he wants THIS job and wanted it 4 years ago.