PDA

View Full Version : Mike Martz on radio about Young.

yako0o
01-06-2006, 04:13 PM
Jet Fan here.

Mike Martz is on the dan patrick show right now and talking about Vince Young.

Was saying he will be a "NIGHTMARE" for DC's when hes in the league.

MIke was saying he didnt expect him to be such a good passer, as although he has a side arm delivery he is accurate.

He said hell be more dangerous then Mike Vick.

It should be clearly known the kid has more poise right now, then MIke Vick does as a four year pro.

He is a leader, when he is in trouble he takes on all the pressure on his back.

you guys know how Mike Martz is, Martz was basically saying all the things he would do with Young--How there would constantly be single coverage due to a spy--Etc.

Good luck guys, As your organization is on the up, mine is plummeting.

Johnny Utah
01-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Draft Vince Young and bring in Mike Martz.

Kaiser Toro
01-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Fire Martz and do not resign Young. :)

SESupergenius
01-06-2006, 04:24 PM
I'd love a team of HC Gray, OC MArtz and DC Haslett.

Kaiser Toro
01-06-2006, 04:25 PM
I'd love a team of HC Gray, OC MArtz and DC Haslett.

Amen brutha.

Vinny
01-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Jet Fan here.

Mike Martz is on the dan patrick show right now and talking about Vince Young.

Was saying he will be a "NIGHTMARE" for DC's when hes in the league.

MIke was saying he didnt expect him to be such a good passer, as although he has a side arm delivery he is accurate.

He said hell be more dangerous then Mike Vick.

It should be clearly known the kid has more poise right now, then MIke Vick does as a four year pro.

He is a leader, when he is in trouble he takes on all the pressure on his back.

you guys know how Mike Martz is, Martz was basically saying all the things he would do with Young--How there would constantly be single coverage due to a spy--Etc.

Good luck guys, As your organization is on the up, mine is plummeting.My early scenario has Martz and Young to the Saints where they have a circus offense with Deuce McAllister, Joe Horn and Dante Stallworth.

Hire Mike Martz!

eriadoc
01-06-2006, 04:36 PM

Getting a 4-5 year headstart on posting that, KT? ;)

Kaiser Toro
01-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Getting a 4-5 year headstart on posting that, KT? ;)

We live in a world of preemption. :)

tulexan
01-06-2006, 04:39 PM

Probably more like Fire Martz, draft Jimmy Clausen.

SESupergenius
01-06-2006, 05:02 PM
My early scenario has Martz and Young to the Saints where they have a circus offense with Deuce McAllister, Joe Horn and Dante Stallworth.

Hire Mike Martz!
Dude is that not a great lineup on paper? If I were a Saint fan I'd be pushing for us to draft Bush and for them to hire MArtz. All they would need is some good defensive players and a scheme.

bdiddy
01-06-2006, 05:13 PM
Great if the Saints lineup could happen. ONly one problem, the only person in the NFL with a bigger ego than Martz might be Tom Benson.

Oilers/Texans
01-06-2006, 05:18 PM
I'd like Martz as Head Coach or offensive coordinator for Houston.

sulli60
01-06-2006, 05:27 PM
I'm thinking Martz made those comments because teams looking for a HC and in a position to draft either VY or Bush need an offensive minded coach who'll know how to use them.

Bush is awesome, but USC didn't even have him in the game when it mattered. I would have at least had him on the field as a decoy. If a college team can't figure out how to get him on the field when it counts what does that say about his NFL potential as an everydown back.

titan hater
01-06-2006, 05:30 PM
I'd like Martz as Head Coach or offensive coordinator for Houston.

i hope you are joking...

Jack Bauer
01-06-2006, 05:32 PM
If a college team can't figure out how to get him on the field when it counts what does that say about his NFL potential as an everydown back.

This only tells me why Pete Carroll is no longer in the NFL.

tulexan
Bush is awesome, but USC didn't even have him in the game when it mattered. I would have at least had him on the field as a decoy. If a college team can't figure out how to get him on the field when it counts what does that say about his NFL potential as an everydown back.

Is that his fault or Pete Carroll's fault?

daveebarb
martz is a better oc then hc.

SBTexans08
01-06-2006, 05:41 PM
i hope you are joking...
Doesn't matter....as long as the Texans organization doesn't feel this way, we're good.

Hervoyel
01-06-2006, 05:57 PM
If a college team can't figure out how to get him on the field when it counts what does that say about his NFL potential as an everydown back.

That's odd. I'd think it reflected more on what it said about the college team.

Double Barrel
01-06-2006, 07:10 PM
My early scenario has Martz and Young to the Saints where they have a circus offense with Deuce McAllister, Joe Horn and Dante Stallworth.

That would be a pretty dynamic lineup. Might even get people to move back into the city, with the hopes of saving the team for La.

I've got a lot of respect for Martz' offensive mind. But I wouldn't want him as our HC.

Texans_Chick
01-06-2006, 07:34 PM

Hire Mike Martz!

That large sucking sound you hear are the markets between Houston and New Orleans going to the Saints.

cadahnic
01-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Martz could likely go to Saints, although he might realize the problems they will have with bringing in any kind of free agents and resigning any of their free agents with the situation in New Orleans. I also think if Martz goes to the Saints and wants to create a Rams-like offense I think he'd go for Matt Leinart over Vince Young. I think with their OLine Young would end up scrambling too much while Leinart would stay in the pocket and throw the ball, and playing in a division with the Buccaneers, Panthers, and Falcons defenses could seriously punish a QB. Leinart has a much better chance of making an immediate impact and is a very accurate thrower, and since the Saints WRs have a problem catching the ball a lot of the time they need a very accurate QB, plus they already have a very athletic QB-in-the-making in Adrian McPherson, so I'm pretty sure Martz would go for Leinart.