PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to do NOW?

HJam72
01-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Now, after the Rose Bowl, what do you want to do?

MightyTExan
01-05-2006, 08:32 PM
:tv:

HJam72
01-05-2006, 08:34 PM
I'm torn between taking Young and releasing Carr or trading down, but I'm leaning toward trading down, so that's my choice. I want to see where everyone stands after all the recent mayhem. :)

daveebarb
01-05-2006, 08:37 PM
I would rather have Leinart then Young. Young would be a better WR or RB.

Hardcore Texan
01-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Now, after the Rose Bowl, what do you want to do?

I want to go to Disneyland! Just joking, I want to read, listen and get more informed about the candidates for the HC position, our prospective coach, whomever that might be and see what happens. I am very interested to see what the outcome might be, the staff the new coach will assemble and so on. And enjoy the playoffs, see what developes afterwards in FA and whatnot and then look forward to prospective draft picks, see who does well in the combine and workouts and find out who has impressed our new coaching staff.

:redtowel:

And hopefully be a witness to one of the best offseasons every associated with pro football......GO TEXANS!

Hardcore Texan
01-05-2006, 08:42 PM
I didn't see the poll on my first post. I want to trade down, or get Bush and package him for some quality players. I know you said assume all are available in the draft, but I just don't think VY will be, could be wrong though.

Tulip
01-05-2006, 08:52 PM
This is what I most feared.

As a Longhorn fan and Vince Young fan (ever since watching him from very close range against Nebraska his freshman year) I am faced with the following awful scenarios:

1. Vince Young stays at Texas, and I get to see him play college ball one more year; however, I never get to see him play in person but every 6 to 8 years after that. The Texans won't be picking anywhere near the top of the draft next year.

2. Vince Young declares. The Texans pass on him, and the Titans pick him. Now I get to see him play once a year, but for my most hated team.

Oh, I voted to draft VY and keep Carr for at least a year.

HJam72
01-05-2006, 08:54 PM
This is what I most feared.

As a Longhorn fan and Vince Young fan (ever since watching him from very close range against Nebraska his freshman year) I am faced with the following awful scenarios:

1. Vince Young stays at Texas, and I get to see him play college ball one more year; however, I never get to see him play in person but every 6 to 8 years after that. The Texans won't be picking anywhere near the top of the draft next year.

2. Vince Young declares. The Texans pass on him, and the Titans pick him. Now I get to see him play once a year, but for my most hated team.

Oh, I voted to draft VY and keep Carr for at least a year.

No, you'd get to see him play for your most hated team TWICE a year, lol.

LongBignasty1
01-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Draft VY and trade Carr to the dolphins for a second round and Ricky Williams

Tulip
01-05-2006, 09:01 PM
No, you'd get to see him play for your most hated team TWICE a year, lol.

LOL. And somehow I don't think the game I have to watch at home is going to be any less painful than the one I have to watch at Reliant.

Oh, the thought of Vince Young replacing his idol McNair :crying:

GoBlue
01-05-2006, 09:15 PM
Keeping VY and Carr is IMPOSSIBLE cap-wise. We would sink the franchise and get to watch VY set all kinds of rushing records- BECAUSE HE WOULD BE RUNNING FOR HIS LIFE ON EVERY PLAY BEHIND THE SAME OFFENSIVE LINE.

Please be serious- if you want Young, Carr is out. I'm just not sold on VY. There are just too many QB's especially quick footed running QB's that we great in college and busts in the NFL. Andre Ware, Eric Crouch, and even Michael Vick who still hasn't lived up to the hype.

HJam72
01-05-2006, 09:20 PM
I'm surprised that nobody has chosen Leinart or White yet. I guess all the Leinart people are now Young people and White's success against UT doesn't seem to have impressed anyone. Can't say I ever saw him before yesterday though.

It also looks like Bush, Young, and Trade Down are very, very close.

Kaiser Toro
01-05-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm surprised that nobody has chosen Leinart or White yet. I guess all the Leinart people are now Young people and White's success against UT doesn't seem to have impressed anyone. Can't say I ever saw him before yesterday though.

It also looks like Bush, Young, and Trade Down are very, very close.

I think White is very good, based on his career. Trade down needs to be the play.

Buffi2
01-05-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm conflicted, so I haven't voted yet. What I would like is to have Carr and VY - but I know that is an impossible dream - so why bother to consider it. As to getting rid of Carr - that is like exchanging one possible great for another possible very good - it is the possible that bothers me and neither Carr nor VY is a sure thing. There is no way we would take Leinert and leave a hometown, popular, sure fire make the Texans the "Texas" team instead of the cowgirls to be drafted by NO. That ain't gonna happen. By process of elimination, I'm left with drafting a RB or trading down. I'm glad I'm not McNair because I'd be sitting around saying, "I don't know, I just don't know."

Tulip
01-05-2006, 09:40 PM
I'm conflicted, so I haven't voted yet. What I would like is to have Carr and VY - but I know that is an impossible dream - so why bother to consider it. As to getting rid of Carr - that is like exchanging one possible great for another possible very good - it is the possible that bothers me and neither Carr nor VY is a sure thing. There is no way we would take Leinert and leave a hometown, popular, sure fire make the Texans the "Texas" team instead of the cowgirls to be drafted by NO. That ain't gonna happen. By process of elimination, I'm left with drafting a RB or trading down. I'm glad I'm not McNair because I'd be sitting around saying, "I don't know, I just don't know."

Neither is a sure thing, but David Carr has 4 years (and 284 sacks) of wear on him.

Texans86
01-05-2006, 09:40 PM
Does anyone think it would be funny if niether Vince Young or Reggie Bush declared and decided to go back for their senior year. I don't think I could stop laughing for about ten minutes.

HJam72
01-05-2006, 09:42 PM
I've gotta believe that would hurt our trade down and stop us from getting either one of them (of course) so I sure hope that doesn't happen. :brickwall

Texans86
01-05-2006, 09:48 PM
I'm just saying many of the threads in recent history have been draft Reggie Bush and now draft Vince Young. I'm wondering if things would quiet down around here if neither of them come out for the draft.

Tulip
01-05-2006, 09:57 PM
I'm just saying many of the threads in recent history have been draft Reggie Bush and now draft Vince Young. I'm wondering if things would quiet down around here if neither of them come out for the draft.

What a boring draft it would be!

Fortunately, I think they are both coming out, so this is going to be really exciting.

Scott747
01-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Vince coming out would place the franchise in basically a no win situation. If we were to pass on Vince and he went on to lead a team to the playoffs before us, it could cripple the fan base.

If we pick Vince without addressing the many more paramount needs this team has and he is a bust or gets hurt, then the future of this team is set back another 4yrs, if not more.

The best case scenario would be to get Vince AND a top flight O lineman to cover our butts, along with a above average draft and quality FA pickups.

Tough decisions ahead and I have a feeling that Mcnair will go the Vince route to appease the fan base.

Kaiser Toro
01-05-2006, 10:25 PM
If you build the team the right way and put up W's the fans will follow.

HJam72
01-06-2006, 08:35 AM
I hope it's not a problem, but I'd like to bump this poll once. Don't necesarilly need posts, i just want to see more people choosing.