PDA

View Full Version : Saving Casserly'Face.

Nighthawk
01-05-2006, 07:55 PM
If you guys are right and Carr is to be our QB of the future at all costs, the ONLY explanation that makes sense is that Casserly and the Texans are trying to save face in the league.

To my eye, that itself is an embarrassment and a loss of face much larger than trading him now.

If you trade him now you have the excuse of the coaching and the line. You can say to trade partners, well, he would've been great except for the coaching and teh offensive line. The Jets, who are not in any position to get a top QB in the draft, might go for Carr. And Carr might go for the Jets (big media city, lots of money and exposure, The Big Time). And the great mass of Guilty Parties around here who think we need to save Carr at all costs will be absolved of their guilt (on the idea that Carr's making a move that improves his career opportunities).

And everybody's happy.

So the answer is sign and trade Carr, draft Vince Young, move along to the new world.

Nighthawk
01-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Moderator: You guys running the board ought to arrange it so duffers like me, who make mistakes in the headline, can edit those mistakes. I'm sure it's just a feature of the board you haven't turned on. Thanks.

TexanSam
01-05-2006, 10:10 PM
Moderator: You guys running the board ought to arrange it so duffers like me, who make mistakes in the headline, can edit those mistakes. I'm sure it's just a feature of the board you haven't turned on. Thanks.

Agree. I want to be able to change my thread title if I mess it up.

Ok, now about trading Carr. What if the new coach we hire wants to keep Carr? Either way, I absolutely believe there's no way we'll draft Vince Young. I don't care about adding more people in the stadium or drafting a player who will make the Texans more exciting. I want a player who will make us better. I want a guy like D'Brickashaw or AJ Hawk. Mario Williams even. Carr isn't our problem in my opinion. Vince Young won't help us as much as other players can. I think Reggie Bush can help more than Young can. I don't really want Bush either, but I'll take him over Young.

tulexan
01-05-2006, 10:34 PM
McNair doesn't seem like the guy who is going to run Carr out of town for the current flavor of the month. The way he handled the Capers situation shows me that loyalty is something that he really values. I'm not saying that he is going to stay loyal to Carr no matter what for the rest of his career, but if Reeves said before the season ended that Carr's poor performance was due to bad coaching rather than lack of skills, I don't think that he is going to change his mind all of the sudden and get rid of the face of his franchise.

Nighthawk
01-06-2006, 12:27 AM
How is this an explanation? How is it possible that so many people can ignore what people have said on here about important team management factors like the salary cap and contract structure? (which discourage us from trading Carr no matter how good or bad the front office thinks he is: check out MorKnolle's thread on what it will cost us to sign/cut/deal Carr (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=15321))

Could it be that the front office believes that Carr has not been given a fair shake with his coaches and team?

(a) on the money you're absolutely right. getting rid of carr is going to be painful. on the football side, it has its advantages.

(b) yeah i can see those guys at the four seasons earnestly asking themselves if carr has gotten a fair shake with the coaches he's had. poor baby.