PDA

View Full Version : Rose Bowl Game Thread - Wed. Jan. 4

Pages : [1] 2

HJam72
01-01-2006, 11:53 PM
I think we should have a "Rose Bowl Game" thread on Wednesday stickied somewhere on this board (probably here).

Khari
01-02-2006, 12:05 AM
ok..

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/ncf/2005/1204/photo/05ncf_rosebowl_412.jpg

THE ROSE BOWL GAME
Presented by Citi
Pasadena, CA - Wed. Jan. 4
8 p.m. ET

USC (12-0) vs. Texas (12-0)

Texas_Thrill
01-04-2006, 08:21 AM
I'm TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!

GO TEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :redtowel:

(just don't let it be a letdown like LAST year's game.)

CenTexNative
01-04-2006, 09:05 AM
And they, the media, are saying this should be one of the true great games of the Century. Are you kidding me. It's only 2006. THere are still 94 more years left in this century. Granted it 'should' be a great game as the #1 and #2 teams in the nation are playing each other. But I still think it's faaaar to early to be calling it one of the greatest games ever played.

texan279
01-04-2006, 09:08 AM
I am not really into college ball but I'll be rootin' for Texas. I am sick of hearing about USC, Leinhart, and Bush. I think USC's streak end tonight...

Texans Fan
01-04-2006, 09:38 AM
:headbang:

Hook 'Em Horns!!!

Texas 34
USC 24

tulexan
01-04-2006, 10:03 AM
I think it is funny how they are calling it the greatest game ever too. Funny how they forgot that last year's game was #1 v. #2, both undefeated, had two heisman winners going against each other, had 4 out of the 5 heisman finalists, and what was the result? 55-10 USC. And that is after USC called off the dogs in the 4th quarter.

USC's offense is much better than it was last year. Their defense may not be as good, but it is very under rated because they have been plagued with injuries for most of the season and apparently are healthy now.

Texas has a very good team but I am a little concerned that their record might be misleading because of the weak schedule they played. They did beat Ohio State and that was impressive, but that was Ohio State without Troy Smith playing the entire game. After seeing Ohio State a few days ago, I am convinced that they would beat Texas if they played them right now. They are a completely different team with Troy Smith under center. Texas also played Oklahoma with an injured Adrian Peterson. With out Peterson, that team is garbage. After that, who did they play? An over rated Texas Tech team which runs a gimmick offense? I'm sorry but this smells like Oklahoma last year all over again.

Sorry Longhorn fans, I don't see this game much better.

USC 56
Texas 21

SESupergenius
01-04-2006, 10:11 AM
The hype machine is always spinning these days. Remember how bad Boxing used to be "fight of Century" "Fight of the Decade" blah blah blah. In 2004 it was "robert Gallery the best Tackle in the draft in 20 years" then this year its "Reggie Bush is the next Gayle Sayers".

beerlover
01-04-2006, 10:15 AM
I thought that last years Rose Bowl was the best game of the century :confused:

I seriously doubt this game lives up to all the hype & billing, but I'll be watching just like everybody else (where's the sheep?) :sbad:

MorKnolle
01-04-2006, 11:01 AM
If I was a betting man, I'd happily accept an offer and bet that USC will win by 10+ points, beyond that I don't know if I'd bet anything. If the game stays close I think UT will likely win, but if one team is going to win in a blow-out it's USC. That said, my prediction for the score is:
USC 45
UT 30

CenTexNative
01-04-2006, 11:34 AM
If I was a betting man, I'd happily accept an offer and bet that USC will win by 10+ points, beyond that I don't know if I'd bet anything. If the game stays close I think UT will likely win, but if one team is going to win in a blow-out it's USC. That said, my prediction for the score is:
USC 45
UT 30
Something tell sme it's going to be a game alot closer than 15 points. This could be one heck of a game. To me it's all about the defensive abilities of both teams. And I do believe that Texas has the edge there. Horns by 9

texplayer2
01-04-2006, 12:01 PM
The hype machine is always spinning these days. Remember how bad Boxing used to be "fight of Century" "Fight of the Decade" blah blah blah. In 2004 it was "robert Gallery the best Tackle in the draft in 20 years" then this year its "Reggie Bush is the next Gayle Sayers".

Entertainment, boxing and football are about the hype. The technical stuff is always down played. If they say this will be a good game between two evenly matched opponents, most people start changing the channel. "Game of the Century" gets attention, because most of us won't be around for the next showing if it lives up to billing.

Blake
01-04-2006, 12:26 PM
Texas has a very good team but I am a little concerned that their record might be misleading because of the weak schedule they played. They did beat Ohio State and that was impressive, but that was Ohio State without Troy Smith playing the entire game. After seeing Ohio State a few days ago, I am convinced that they would beat Texas if they played them right now. They are a completely different team with Troy Smith under center. Texas also played Oklahoma with an injured Adrian Peterson. With out Peterson, that team is garbage. After that, who did they play? An over rated Texas Tech team which runs a gimmick offense? I'm sorry but this smells like Oklahoma last year all over again.

USC 56
Texas 21

Thats fine if you want to pick apart Texas' schedule, but lets take a look at USC's.

1. Hawaii (5-7) (A losing season. This team is just bad)
2. Arkansas (4-7) (A losing season)
3. Oregon (10-1) (Lost to that Sooner team that Texas destroyed)
4. Arizona St. (6-5) (Not a very impressive win over AZ St)
5. Arizona (3-8) (3 whole wins for this team. Another great test for USC)
6. Notre Dame (9-3) (USC almost lost to this team. And Ohio St. rocked ND. Another team that Texas destroyed)
7. Washington (2-9) (What a win for USC. A crappy 2-9 team)
8. Washington St. (4-7) (Another great win. 4-7)
9. Stanford (5-6) (Another losing season.
10. California (7-4) ( Didnt hear much from the Golden Bears this year)
11. Fresno St. (8-4) (Almost lost to Fresno St. FS is nothing special this year. Even lost their bowl)
12. UCLA (9-2) (Only great team on USC's schedule)

And dont even compare White to Young. They are miles apart in talent.

So you were worried about Texas' misleading schedule? Look at theirs.

texplayer2
01-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Thats fine if you want to pick apart Texas' schedule, but lets take a look at USC's.

1. Hawaii (5-7) (A losing season. This team is just bad)
2. Arkansas (4-7) (A losing season)
3. Oregon (10-1) (Lost to that Sooner team that Texas destroyed)
4. Arizona St. (6-5) (Not a very impressive win over AZ St)
5. Arizona (3-8) (3 whole wins for this team. Another great test for USC)
6. Notre Dame (9-3) (USC almost lost to this team. And Ohio St. rocked ND. Another team that Texas destroyed)
7. Washington (2-9) (What a win for USC. A crappy 2-9 team)
8. Washington St. (4-7) (Another great win. 4-7)
9. Stanford (5-6) (Another losing season.
10. California (7-4) ( Didnt hear much from the Golden Bears this year)
11. Fresno St. (8-4) (Almost lost to Fresno St. FS is nothing special this year. Even lost their bowl)
12. UCLA (9-2) (Only great team on USC's schedule)

And dont even compare White to Young. They are miles apart in talent.

So you were worried about Texas' misleading schedule? Look at theirs.

5 ranked opponents and everyones best shot. If you take down #1, you've made your season no matter what the record. I don't think it will be a blow out, but Texas better score a bunch or they won't win.

tulexan
01-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Oregon lost to an Oklahoma team that had a more experienced Rhett Bomar and Adrian Peterson was playing and healthy.

USC beat Notre Dame in South Bend where Notre Dame grew the grass out to about 10 inches to slow them down and Notre Dame lost to Ohio State when Justin Zwick wasn't the quarterback.

Fresno State is a rivalry game just like Texas A&M is a rivalry game to Texas.

And UCLA dominated Oklahoma when Adrian Peterson was healthy and USC held UCLA to 6 points until garbage time in the fourth quarter.

If you would like me to criticize the Longhorns schedule more in depth I will.

1. La-Lafayette (Wow what a win)
2. Ohio State (This was impressive, but was with out Troy Smith)
3. Rice (Another power house)
4. Missouri (Another great Big 12 North team)
5. Oklahoma (Beat an inexperienced Rhett Bomar and no Adrian Peterson)
6. Colorado (Needs no explanation)
7. Texas Tech (Gimmick offense that gets beaten badly when faces any good team)
8. Oklahoma State (worst team in the Big 12 South)
9. Baylor (second worst team in the Big 12 South)
10. Kansas (second worst team in the Big 12 North)
11. Texas A&M (had a losing record, no Reggie McNeal, and still almost beat Texas)
12. Colorado (see original description)

There you have it. The great Texas schedule.

NinerPheen
01-04-2006, 12:58 PM
USC by 30. Texas had a weak, weak schedule. The PAC-10 is gonna come out of the bowl season as the strongest conference and with the national championship trophy.

axman40
01-04-2006, 01:18 PM
Texas 34
USC 27

Hook em Baby!

:yahoo:

HeHateMe
01-04-2006, 01:22 PM
Game of the Year so far has to be USC v ND. I would bet that the PSU v FSU will turn out to be the best Bowl game of this year. USC 42 TX 33, and thats with Texas getting garbage points in the last couple of mins.

Blake
There you have it. The great Texas schedule.

Your reading and comprehension skills lack.

I'm not defending Texas' schedule. And I never said Texas had a "great" schedule. I merely said, "Thats fine if you want to pick apart Texas' schedule, but lets take a look at USC's."

Basically I want everyone to know that both teams didn't have stellar opponents.

If you are going to dock the Longhorns, then you must dock the Trojans as well.

NFLTexans2002
Hi, Houston Texans fans! :) Sorry for the poor season, and Dom Capers firing, but good luck negotiating and drafting Reggie Bush! I believe he will help the Texans running game immensely if he has an effective offensive line in front of him and the Texans find and hire the right coach for Reggie and the Texans team if both materialize.

I couldn't find a College Football forum thread here in the Texans Official Message Board, but maybe the Mods might still help me if appropriate. Otherwise I like to announce that tonight is the climax to the Bowl Championship Series and American NCAA College Football. The 104th Rose Bowl game, "The Granddaddy Of Them All," will be played at Pasadena, California between #1 USC Trojans vs. the #2 Texas Longhorns. Battle of the two remaining undefeateds in NCAA College Football. Reggie Bush and Matt Leinhart vs. Vince Young. Pete Carroll vs. Mack Brown. Pacific 10 vs. Big 12 Conferences. Snoop Doggy Dog and Henry Winkler vs. Lance Armstrong and Matthew McConaghey.

Keith Jackson and former Oregon Duck and SD Charger Dan Fouts will call the action in this Bowl Championship Series Game for ABC. I have no idea if USC will blowout Texas and going well beyond the spread like they did at the Orange Bowl game last year (Dolphins Stadium At Miami Gardens), but i feel a closer game score-wise will become more cometitive and entertaining, and shoulds help the TV ratings for ABC especially.

I am sure there are Texans fans that are also Texas Longhorns fans who will view this game and Texas is seeking their first NCAA College Football Championship since 1970.

I'm setting my DVDR/TIVo to 5 hours of recording time, better to overrecord than underrecord in case the game extends through the game activities and overtime like last night's Orange Bowl game (My congrats to Joe Pa). ABC will give us a great BCS game tonight. Enjoy your evening and happy viewing! :)

MorKnolle
01-04-2006, 01:38 PM
Going back to comparisons of USC and UT's schedules, when did UT destroy Ohio St.?

profan
01-04-2006, 02:44 PM
I don't see how there could be a better match up this century. The teams stayed and 1 & 2 all year long from the preseason pole to the end. Both have great offenses, three of the four HEISMAN Candidates, many future nfl players on both teams. This is the match up of the century-will not ever be a better one. Now, there is a difference between match-up of the century and game of the century. We will have to wait and see how the game plays out before we can judge it's place in history.

awtysst
01-04-2006, 03:02 PM
I don't see how there could be a better match up this century. The teams stayed and 1 & 2 all year long from the preseason pole to the end. Both have great offenses, three of the four HEISMAN Candidates, many future nfl players on both teams. This is the match up of the century-will not ever be a better one. Now, there is a difference between match-up of the century and game of the century. We will have to wait and see how the game plays out before we can judge it's place in history.

I was with you till you said "matchup of the century". Cmon now. It is 2006. There are still 96 more years to go. As you said 3 of the 4 heisman trophy candites are here. What if there ws a game in the future which had all 4? What if in the future a team had the number one offense and number two D faced the team with the number 2 offense and number 1 defense? Would that be a better game? A good game: very likely. Game of the century: far too early to say.

texplayer2
01-04-2006, 03:09 PM
I was with you till you said "matchup of the century". Cmon now. It is 2006. There are still 96 more years to go. As you said 3 of the 4 heisman trophy candites are here. What if there ws a game in the future which had all 4? What if in the future a team had the number one offense and number two D faced the team with the number 2 offense and number 1 defense? Would that be a better game? A good game: very likely. Game of the century: far too early to say.

So Far it is the Game of the Century. You have to go backwards and quit trying to use that Crystal Ball.

awtysst
01-04-2006, 03:15 PM
So Far it is the Game of the Century. You have to go backwards and quit trying to use that Crystal Ball.

Well, the game has not been played as of yet. Thus you are calling it the "game of the century" based on your expectations. In essence you are using YOUR crystal ball.

Jack Bauer
01-04-2006, 03:24 PM

I guess you hoped no one would call you on this. Ohio State versus Notre Dame was a much closer game than the score indicated. So, no, OSU did NOT "rock" Notre Dame. And Texas "destroyed" Ohio State??? Excuse me, 25-22, does not qualify as "destroyed". And yes, the game was as close as the score.

Why do we make up facts when it comes to arguing who is better? Each team has ACTUAL strengths and weaknesses to discuss.... :brickwall

MorKnolle
01-04-2006, 03:26 PM

OU-USC last year was pretty similar. They were #s 1 & 2 throughout the whole year and had four of the Heisman finalists (Leinart, Bush, White, Peterson)

texplayer2
01-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Well, the game has not been played as of yet. Thus you are calling it the "game of the century" based on your expectations. In essence you are using YOUR crystal ball.

I was just saying you are basing "Game of the Century" on next 94 yrs. and you should base it on 2000-2005. Is it the "Game of the Century" so far. You are judging it on the future and some people are judging it on the past. It will be a good game regardless of the label.

tulexan
01-04-2006, 03:30 PM

Last year there were 4 out of 5 Heisman finalists. You had two Heisman quarterbacks facing each other along with two of the best running backs in college football (who also were Heisman finalists). Oklahoma may not have been #2 the entire season, but there was a revenge factor too because a lot of people thought that USC, not Oklahoma, should have been in the National Championship game the year before. People have short memories because this game is just as hyped as the one last year.

swtbound07
01-04-2006, 03:35 PM
i would have to say that texas has the advantage in the linebacking corp, and a better defense, while usc has a better stable of running backs, and better offensive line....should be a great game, but defense wins championships, so im calling UT by 8

MorKnolle
01-04-2006, 03:39 PM
Yes, last year featured the #1 and #2 teams throughout the entire season and four of the five Heisman finalists. I thought similarly last year that OU's defense was great and their offense would be able to match up with USC's pretty well, and they lost in a landslide, so I'm sticking with:
USC 45
UT 30

ThaShark316
01-04-2006, 04:30 PM
I think it is funny how they are calling it the greatest game ever too. Funny how they forgot that last year's game was #1 v. #2, both undefeated, had two heisman winners going against each other, had 4 out of the 5 heisman finalists, and what was the result? 55-10 USC. And that is after USC called off the dogs in the 4th quarter.

USC's offense is much better than it was last year. Their defense may not be as good, but it is very under rated because they have been plagued with injuries for most of the season and apparently are healthy now.

USC 56
Texas 21

LMAO, yeah, USC's GREAT run D is gonna hold Texas to 21 points? I love it already!

Texas 42
USC 31

Coach C.
01-04-2006, 04:35 PM
Guess I will weigh in on this. Gonna be a good game and I will agree with Mork. Plus I just cannot ever want UT to win anything except first to jump into the pit of hell.

USC 42
UT 31

GO TAMU!!!

tulexan
01-04-2006, 04:42 PM
LMAO, yeah, USC's GREAT run D is gonna hold Texas to 21 points? I love it already!

Texas 42
USC 31

I'm sure you do love it considering that USC has a better run D than Texas.

USC gives up on average 117.3 yards per game on the ground
Texas gives up on average 124.7 yards per game on the ground

Better get ready for the two headed monster of Bush and White.

The Preacher
01-04-2006, 07:03 PM
Let me throw in 2 cents I have to give the edge to Texas by two TD's. USC simply doesn't have the defense this year. They barely beat a mediocre Notre Dame team and slid past a couple other softies. I still can't believe they gave coach of the year to Weis considering I think they beat one team with a winning record and lost to a 5-6 Michigan St. at home. It hacks me off they robbed JoePa like that because of the Irish tradition. :brickwall

Fiddy
01-04-2006, 07:07 PM
_+++__________________________ ____
_+880_________________________ ____
_++88_________________________ ____
__+880________________________ _++_
__+888________________________ +88_
__++880______________________+ 88__
__++888_____+++88__________+++ 8__
__++8888__+++8880++88____+++88 ___
__+++8888+++8880++8888__++888_ ___
___++888++8888+++888888++888__ ___
___++88++8888++8888888++888___ ___
___++++++888888888888888888___ ___
____++++++88888888888888888___ ___
____++++++++000888888888888___ ___
_____+++++++000088888888888___ ___
______+++++++00088888888888___ ___
_______+++++++088888888888____ ___
________+++++++8888888888_____ ___
________+++++++0088888888_____ ___
________++++++0088888888______ ___
________+++++0008888888

Khari
01-04-2006, 07:12 PM
:um:

Khari
01-04-2006, 07:20 PM
what's with matthew mcconaughey being everywhere the UT team goes :ok:

Peldon
01-04-2006, 07:21 PM
what's with matthew mcconaughey being everywhere the UT team goes :ok:

Him and Lance Armstrong.

DRIFTAWAY
01-04-2006, 07:31 PM
Hook Em Hornssssssss

Carr Bombed
01-04-2006, 07:43 PM
That fumble was crushing

texan279
01-04-2006, 07:45 PM
UT making costly mental mistakes...

Carr Bombed
01-04-2006, 07:47 PM
They started off great and that fumble sucked the air out of em. V. Young has to answer back, this is a very important drive. If the Horns go three and out it will be very bad

texan279
01-04-2006, 07:50 PM
They started off great and that fumble sucked the air out of em. V. Young has to answer back, this is a very important drive. If the Horns go three and out it will be very bad

Looks like it's gonna be a shootout. :redtowel:

Carr Bombed
01-04-2006, 07:52 PM
yeah but the horns are trying to hard they try to break every tackle, they need to calm down and except what the defense gives them

Hervoyel
01-04-2006, 07:52 PM
_+++__________________________ ____
_+880_________________________ ____
__+880________________________ _++_
__+888________________________ +88_
__++880______________________+ 88__
__++888_____+++88__________+++ 8__
__++8888__+++8880++88____+++88 ___
__+++8888+++8880++8888__++888_ ___
___++888++8888+++888888++888__ ___
___++88++8888++8888888++888___ ___
___++++++888888888888888888___ ___
____++++++88888888888888888___ ___
____++++++++000888888888888___ ___
_____+++++++000088888888888___ ___
______+++++++00088888888888___ ___
________+++++++8888888888_____ ___
________+++++++0088888888_____ ___
________++++++0088888888______ ___
________+++++0008888888

Thank You,
All Texan fans

No, go back for your senior year. Be as careful as you can, win the Heisman if possible, and we'll be waiting for you when the 2007 draft gets here.

"Vince Young hands off to Reggie Bush" sounds pretty good to me.

Seņor Stan
01-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Dang it! Liked going for it on 4th though.

Peldon
When your QB is 6'5 why do you hand it off in the backfield on 4th and 1?

Carr Bombed
now you put your defense that just got hit in the mouth on a short field

texan279
Ok, I retract my last statement, if UT doesn't get it together they will be playing catch up for the next 3 1/2 quarters...

Carr Bombed
01-04-2006, 07:54 PM
this is the nightmare start I feared, we need a big play to turn this around

ArlingtonTexan
01-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Not the way to start the game out.

Seņor Stan
01-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Need a stop here...turnover would be nice.

texan279
01-04-2006, 07:56 PM
After USC's last drive I just can't see why UT didn't punt from midfield on their last drive...

Carr Bombed
They got lucky there that had 6 written all over it.

Seņor Stan
Going for the dagger with the trick play! WHEW! Overthrown.

texan279
01-04-2006, 07:58 PM
USC is out for blood...

Carr Bombed
just need to stop them on one more play

Seņor Stan
Turner dropped one. Need to hold on 3rd and 10.

Get some pressure on Leinart!

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-04-2006, 07:59 PM
More dumb mistakes by Texas

Seņor Stan
01-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Facemask?!?!?

Total lack of discipline so far. The 'Horns are more torqued up than a two year old after 2 red bulls.

Carr Bombed
01-04-2006, 08:01 PM
so he cant run between the tackles

Peldon
01-04-2006, 08:02 PM

But he got caught from behind by a tackle too.

Seņor Stan
01-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Another 3rd down play...please no more stupidity.

Carr Bombed
01-04-2006, 08:03 PM
But he got caught from behind by a tackle too. That had nothing to do with speed they contained him and his shoe came off. you have to admit bush is off to a good start

texan279
01-04-2006, 08:04 PM

I could have ran through that hole. I also saw him miss a block on their first drive and try to get to the outside twice and get brought down for a loss.

Seņor Stan
01-04-2006, 08:04 PM
4th down and 1/2...HUGE STOP!!!!!

Where's the spot?

awtysst
01-04-2006, 08:05 PM
4th down and 1/2...HUGE STOP!!!!!

Where's the spot?

NO GOOD!

Carr Bombed
01-04-2006, 08:07 PM
I could have ran through that hole. I also saw him miss a block on their first drive and try to get to the outside twice and get brought down for a loss.yeah I saw the replay after I typed my post that was a huge hole, but you still have to admit bush has made plays and the game is still early I just wish the horns didn't fumble that ball because right now the game at the very least should be 3-0

Carr Bombed
01-04-2006, 08:09 PM
V. Young....god just keep the ball in his hands

Peldon
01-04-2006, 08:10 PM
V. Young....god just keep the ball in his hands

Really!

Carr Bombed
You know what with all the critisim I've heard about his passing he is very underated

Carr Bombed
You know what with all the critisim I've heard about his passing he is very underatedespecially with his decision making

Carr Bombed
01-04-2006, 08:11 PM
that has got to stop

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-04-2006, 08:11 PM
another damn fumble

Carr Bombed
01-04-2006, 08:12 PM
another thing that is underated is this usc defense so far

awtysst
01-04-2006, 08:13 PM
If we can cut out our stup[id penalties and hang onto the football we will be just fine.

swtbound07
01-04-2006, 08:15 PM
LESS THAN IMPRESSED by the usc dynasty

The Preacher
01-04-2006, 08:15 PM
another thing that is underated is this usc defense so far

You think they haven't gotten any pressure just watching Texas fumble. Must be a lot of nerves cause this hasn't been anything to write about so far.

Carr Bombed
01-04-2006, 08:16 PM
our offense needs to start sustaining drives or this defense is going to get tired real fast

Carr Bombed
01-04-2006, 08:18 PM
thats a questionable spot

IshouldbeGM
01-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Im not impressed with bush, he's bouncing everything outside.

texan279
01-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Im not impressed with bush, he's bouncing everything outside.

My thoughts exactly, and the one play I saw him stay in to block he totally whiffed.

dat_boy_yec
01-04-2006, 08:22 PM
I agree I thought he would be doing better.

Carr Bombed
01-04-2006, 08:22 PM
that was the most obvious push off I've seen this year

ThaShark316
01-04-2006, 08:23 PM
I'm sorry but LMFAO @ Reggie.

I want him as a Texan but LMFAO!!!

PapaL
Bad play Reggie, just go down. Thanks though, lol.

texan279
If we waste our #1 pick on this fool, I will stroke out! :challenge

Carr Bombed
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES, I like you bush, but THANK YOU

Peldon
That was just plain stupid.

DRIFTAWAY
hahahaha add poor decision making to the list of cons for bush

dat_boy_yec
01-04-2006, 08:24 PM
was that a lateral, damn that was a good run though. stupid mistake.

swtbound07
reggie bush questionable football decision number TWO of the night......come on now....#1 pick? what a joke

awtysst
Ok. Here we go. We are now at 1 fumble on each team.

dat_boy_yec
01-04-2006, 08:25 PM
by the way what does everybody think of the tackles on both teams?

Hervoyel
Glad he got that one out of his system before declaring for the draft. I bet he doesn't try anything like that again anytime soon.

As the announcer stated, just trying to do too much. Both teams are cranked up tonight. I wish they'd settle down a little bit.

Dime
I have to say I LIKED the lateral attempt by Bush. He attempted to make a play for a TD (the guy was open). This just didnt work this time. It just didnt work this time!

Carr Bombed
01-04-2006, 08:26 PM
If we waste our #1 pick on this fool, I will stroke out! :challenge Yes the trade down group is drooling at the mouth the kid screwed up on a play in his collegic career, now hes a waste, good greef. What that fumble dismisses is the great open field running, thats what I took away from the play

Hervoyel
reggie bush questionable football decision number TWO of the night......come on now....#1 pick? what a joke

Agenda?

Yeah, agenda.

Peldon
Thomas has impressed me some.

dat_boy_yec
01-04-2006, 08:27 PM
yeah, I guess its about perspective, if the pass had been completed it would have been a td.

ThaShark316
01-04-2006, 08:28 PM
See, that's what we need to do...LET VINCE RUN DAMMIT!!

Dime
01-04-2006, 08:28 PM
What I like about Bush is that he is constantly thinking... I think more of him now.

texan279
01-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Yes the trade down group is drooling at the mouth the kid screwed up on a play in his collegic career, now hes a waste, good greef. What that fumble dismisses is the great open field running, thats what I took away from the play

Add the bonehead lateral to the block he missed, and it seems everytime he gets the ball if there's not a hole big enough to drive a Mack truck through, he tries to cut it to the outside, and both times I saw him do it UT's defense brought him down for a loss.

Carr Bombed
You know what when V. Young enters the league, he might make the national media say Vick who?

Hervoyel
Fumble fest tonight.

awtysst
Why are we constantly dropping the ball?

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
My god, hold on to the football.

dat_boy_yec
I hope the second half is alot better than this

texan279
01-04-2006, 08:30 PM
With the first pick can we just draft UT's ENTIRE O LINE! Young has enough time to read War and Peace back there!

awtysst
01-04-2006, 08:31 PM
ok there is a start.

Fiddy
01-04-2006, 08:32 PM
The Longhorn players need to do the football-strip drill in the locker room at halftime....

ThaShark316
I'll take 3 off a Turnover anyday in a close game...

Lets go D!

Carr Bombed
Add the bonehead lateral to the block he missed, and it seems everytime he gets the ball if there's not a hole big enough to drive a Mack truck through, he tries to cut it to the outside, and both times I saw him do it UT's defense brought him down for a loss. Every back even in the nfl when they are running down field they try to cut it back to the outside, are you kidding me. 9 times out of 10 when you see a highlight of a back taking one to the house hes streaking down the sideline. Again just dismiss the play, if Bush doesn't fumble everybody here says great play

swtbound07
01-04-2006, 08:33 PM
vince looks darn solid.....8 of 9, 42 yards rushing....he looks calm and collected....leinhart is failing to impress me

RiotCommander
01-04-2006, 08:34 PM
I know everyone else is seeing this too, but why can't we hold onto the dang ball. USC isn't playing that great so far thankfully.

The Preacher
01-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Nothing like watching the most hyped game of all time stink up the joint. Give me last night's slugfest again now that was a game.

Carr Bombed
01-04-2006, 08:35 PM
not enough conclusive evidence

Carr Bombed
01-04-2006, 08:37 PM
Nothing like watching the most hyped game of all time stink up the joint. Give me last night's slugfest again now that was a game. I would never call that a slugfest that was just a total lack of offense and for 5 hours both teams acted like they didn't want to win

ThaShark316
01-04-2006, 08:37 PM
Nothing like watching the most hyped game of all time stink up the joint. Give me last night's slugfest again now that was a game.

I'll give you that penalty infested game with terrible kickers and bad bad offenses.

PapaL
01-04-2006, 08:39 PM
:sarcasm: Oh look, he didnt get a first down. No way we should draft him now. What a bum. :sarcasm:

awtysst
01-04-2006, 08:40 PM
We are not makign any stops on D. Cmon Guys!

texan279
01-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Give me LenDale White...

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-04-2006, 08:43 PM
Clearly an interception

Carr Bombed
yyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssss

Peldon
That was a great catch.

awtysst
ok give us the int on the 20!

edo783
01-04-2006, 08:45 PM
That was a GREAT interseption Texas.

dat_boy_yec
01-04-2006, 08:45 PM
That int. should be on a highlight reel.

PapaL
01-04-2006, 08:46 PM
Must say, that was one heck on an INT. Great catch.

Carr Bombed
01-04-2006, 08:46 PM
yeah and matt lienart says he had his best practice ever, I don't think he has faced a defense like this. Maybe this is the big play that turns the tide. So far this game is living up to the billing.

txhoosier
01-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Hi everyone! I was over on the Colts board talking about this game, but figured this would be a better place to discuss, since it's Texas vs. the Texans future. OK if I join in?

The Preacher
Another turnover? This is ridiculous. And yes last night's game had a lack of playmakers but you have to admit the defenses came to play and were simply punishing any offensive player involved. That's what happens in tough conferences where they play defense the offenses simply don't look that great. And if you think it was a bad game because the kickers sucked then I don't know what to say.

Carr Bombed
we got em on their heels

PapaL
01-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Hi everyone! I was over on the Colts board talking about this game, but figured this would be a better place to discuss, since it's Texas vs. the Texans future. OK if I join in?

The more the merrier, welcome.

Peldon
01-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Nice run by Charles.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Heads up play by Vince! TD Longhorns!

axman40
Yo Reggie now that's a lateral!

PapaL
So thats how you do it?

texan279
Nice run by Charles.

Very nice run.

rittenhouserobz
USC's defense is much weaker than UT's

Carr Bombed
Hi everyone! I was over on the Colts board talking about this game, but figured this would be a better place to discuss, since it's Texas vs. the Texans future. OK if I join in? Welcome to the club txhooooiisser, ok Im starting to drink to much

dat_boy_yec
aww that was great!!!

txhoosier
Wow...I would have been leery of trying that the way it went down with Bush earlier. Nice play, though.

Carr Bombed
01-04-2006, 08:52 PM
im the words of Joe Pa......I WILL TAKE IIIIIIIITTTTTTTT

texan279
01-04-2006, 08:52 PM
UT just got away with one there.

Dime
01-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Rofl... you all are praising vince because it worked this time. If it wouldnt have, you all would be talking about how bad a play it was like reggies..

PapaL
Clearly down, should have snapped the ball for extra point faster. Got away with one, minus the extra point.

edo783
UT just got away with one there.

Big time!

swtbound07
but in their rush, they shanked an extra point......haunt them later? But yeah...that was the ultimate football F- You from vince to reggie.......see...this is how you lateral son

txhoosier
I'll just say this...as a part time Texan fan (I'm against them 2 games every year...LOL) I am hoping that Bush stays in college, and they use this first pick on some serious O-line help...D'Brickashaw Ferguson, perhaps?

axman40
I think this game is about 2 steps faster than the refs.

texan279
01-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Rofl... you all are praising vince because it worked this time. If it wouldnt have, you all would be talking about how bad a play it was like reggies..

Don't know if it was directed at me but I praised no one...

The Preacher
He missed the kick I guess this game is weak.

rittenhouserobz
The way UT was driving there I think they would have scored anyway.

PapaL
01-04-2006, 08:55 PM
As with everything in life; you win some, you lose some. Bush's lateral wasnt caught, VY's was. Bush has a heisman and 2 rings, VY has a lateral in the championship game.

Dime
01-04-2006, 08:55 PM
Don't know if it was directed at me but I praised no one...

Just at the folks here in general because they were talking about Reggies poor decision, when it was the same as Vinces. Vince only had a heads up player.

rittenhouserobz
01-04-2006, 08:56 PM
This ia a crucial series. I hope UT can stop em.

Hervoyel
but in their rush, they shanked an extra point......haunt them later? But yeah...that was the ultimate football F- You from vince to reggie.......see...this is how you lateral son

Yeah, from your knee.

I have to give it to Vince though, he sold it well enough to keep them from reviewing it.

texan279
Did anyone just see Bush TRY and make a block?

txhoosier
01-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Just at the folks here in general because they were talking about Reggies poor decision, when it was the same as Vinces. Vince only had a heads up player.
Vince's player was ready for it the ENTIRE time...it was a called play.

Bush's player wasn't looking for it because it was STUPID to try and make that play. You can't compare the 2 plays. One was a called play (option) and one was improv. THAT's what makes Bush's decision stupid.

That being said, he is a VERY smart guy who is guilty of merely trying to do too much. He made that mistake, and you can rest assured that he won't make it again. EVER.

texan279
01-04-2006, 08:57 PM
I thought this was supposed to be the game of the century? lol :confused:

Dime
01-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Did anyone just see Bush TRY and make a block?

I just saw him lay someone on his butt.

dat_boy_yec
that was a good block by bush.

rittenhouserobz
I really dislike one of the two announcers. He must be a USC fan.

axman40
I think a month off has put some rust on both teams.

edo783
USC seems to be coming unglued by the UT defenses play.

texan279
01-04-2006, 08:59 PM
I just saw him lay someone on his butt.

Must have been the play before or after the one I saw...

PapaL
01-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Vince's player was ready for it the ENTIRE time...it was a called play.

Bush's player wasn't looking for it because it was STUPID to try and make that play. You can't compare the 2 plays. One was a called play (option) and one was improv. THAT's what makes Bush's decision stupid.

That being said, he is a VERY smart guy who is guilty of merely trying to do too much. He made that mistake, and you can rest assured that he won't make it again. EVER.

I highly doubt UT has a play called lateral to guy next to you while knee is on the ground and run for TD. Just a heads up play. (Kinda like the SF INT in the Reggie Bowl last weekend, lol.)

Carr Bombed
01-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Don't know if it was directed at me but I praised no one...Don't worry 279 I understand that Bush is absolutely splitting this board right down the middle, but I've always respected your opinion. We just sit on oppisite sides of the fence and it won't be solved until the DRAFT is PAST, but in the end, all draft REGGIE and trade REGGIE people have the same agendia in mind and that is the improvement of the texans. I just have to say one thing......GO HORNS I've been waiting for this since I was a kid

rittenhouserobz
01-04-2006, 09:01 PM
Well they got the stop. I would like to see them take the clock down and score right before the half.

txhoosier
01-04-2006, 09:01 PM
Bush runs behind a SOLID offensive line. There's no telling if he will be great behind the line here in Houston. If nothing is done to shore this line up, Bush will have a hard time.

The Preacher
01-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Texas is about to start dominating. The only thing stopping them from being a truly great team is their fumbling. 33 on the year. Vince is electric and hopefully Bush can keep his stock way up.

Dime
Bush runs behind a SOLID offensive line. There's no telling if he will be great behind the line here in Houston. If nothing is done to shore this line up, Bush will have a hard time.
I have to agree

texan279
Don't worry 279 I understand that Bush is absolutely splitting this board right down the middle, but I've always respected your opinion. We just sit on oppisite sides of the fence and it won't be solved until the DRAFT is PAST, but in the end, all draft REGGIE and trade REGGIE people have the same agendia in mind and that is the improvement of the texans. I just have to say one thing......GO HORNS I've been waiting for this since I was a kid

It wasn't directed at you and it wasn't directed with anger. I know this is a MB and we all have our different opinions and a lot of the time we agree to disagree. We are all here because we love football!

Carr Bombed
He missed the kick I guess this game is weak.oh come on there is no WAY you can compare that game to this, this is a GREAT game

PapaL

We were 15 in rushing this past year. Run blocking is not our problem. (Not for this forum though, I'll keep quiet)

txhoosier
01-04-2006, 09:03 PM
I highly doubt UT has a play called lateral to guy next to you while knee is on the ground and run for TD. Just a heads up play. (Kinda like the SF INT in the Reggie Bowl last weekend, lol.)
UT runs an option at times, and that play was definitely an option.

I'm not sure who the RB was who scored the TD off of the lateral, but if he wasn't running the option, then why didn't he get out in front of VY, and make some blocks? His place was to stay behind VY and watch for that lateral.

Peldon
Touchdown Taylor!!!!

Dime
To me.. the game is getting better

rittenhouserobz

Like DD does getting his approx. 1000 yards in 13 games a year. I think Bush would average about 150 a game and 2 tds.

texan279
Anyone know where David Thomas is projected to be picked? :drool:

edo783
Niether team seemed to have a rythem until at the 4 min. mark Now UT has it going.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Ramonce Taylor touchdown!

Peldon
01-04-2006, 09:04 PM
That was a great pancake block by Sweed.

Dime
01-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Anyone know where David Thomas is projected to be picked? :drool:

I am wondering if he has declared too...

PapaL
01-04-2006, 09:05 PM
UT runs an option at times, and that play was definitely an option.

I'm not sure who the RB was who scored the TD off of the lateral, but if he wasn't running the option, then why didn't he get out in front of VY, and make some blocks? His place was to stay behind VY and watch for that lateral.

I'll go back and review it at halftime. Didnt look like a planned play. Didnt VY take off running up the middle and juked his way to left side of the field, at which point he lateraled the ball?

Hervoyel
01-04-2006, 09:06 PM
USC's defense has just come apart. This has the potential to get ugly so I'm glad we're sitting here right at the end of the first half. If they all go into the locker room and chill out now we might have a game in the second half.

If this was the middle of the second quarter or the beginning then I think we'd be looking at a 21 point UT quarter or something along those lines. The only reason this doesn't turn into a blowout is that USC gets saved by the halftime whistle.

And I'm not saying USC couldn't come back, just that we're on a huge UT "Mo' wave right now that shows no sign of stopping on it's own.

txhoosier
01-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Like DD does getting his approx. 1000 yards in 13 games a year. I think Bush would average about 150 a game and 2 tds.
DD is a great back, and you and I both know that 1000 yards just isn't what it used to be. 1500 is more of the standard these days.

swtbound07
01-04-2006, 09:07 PM
i hate to say this...but vince young looks ready to be an nfl quarterback.....making throws, calm in the pocket, making plays with his legs........i would take him over carr, and i've never said that before

Peldon
01-04-2006, 09:07 PM
I'll go back and review it at halftime. Didnt look like a planned play. Didnt VY take off running up the middle and juked his way to left side of the field, at which point he lateraled the ball?

It was a called option.

txhoosier
01-04-2006, 09:08 PM
you may be right. I'll try and watch it again.

dat_boy_yec
01-04-2006, 09:08 PM
usc is depending 2 much on bush

Peldon
01-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Well we are even on the no reviewing calls.

dat_boy_yec
that was a good run though.

PapaL
i hate to say this...but vince young looks ready to be an nfl quarterback.....making throws, calm in the pocket, making plays with his legs........i would take him over carr, and i've never said that before

I have to agree with you. Looks calm, like he's been on the big stage before.

edo783
usc is depending 2 much on bush

That will be the problem with us if we have him.

texan279
01-04-2006, 09:10 PM
I am wondering if he has declared too...

Draftdaddy.com has him ranked in top 11-17 top TE prospects in the country.

The Preacher
01-04-2006, 09:11 PM
oh come on there is no WAY you can compare that game to this, this is a GREAT game

I admit it. I wasn't even looking forward to last night's game but I can't remember seeing two defenses dominate like that in a while. The Texans should take a serious look at some of those guys, especially Hali. I've just been stirring the pot a little but there is nothing like watching USC get so exposed.

I guess ESPN is going to have to go back and think who the 2005 Trojans could have beaten.

2005 Nittany Lions No
2005 LSU Tigers No

Dime
Draftdaddy.com has him ranked in top 11-17 top TE prospects in the country.

From what I am seeing, he better be ranked higher then that

mexican_texan
Leinart's pocket prescense has really impressed me. Carr could learn him something from Leinart.

PapaL
Hopefully all this Reggie cant run up the middle and hasn't faced a good D will be put to rest tonight.

dat_boy_yec
01-04-2006, 09:12 PM
That will be the problem with us if we have him.

I hope not, if he's brought here I hope he's used as one of our options, not the only one.

mexican_texan
01-04-2006, 09:13 PM
nice hit!! hope we get to see John Booty now. :yahoo:

PapaL
01-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Leinhert looks shaken, not stirred. Good solid hit.

dat_boy_yec
01-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Hopefully all this Reggie cant run up the middle and hasn't faced a good D will be put to rest tonight.

Yeah, I would like to see if he can be phisical tonight. So far he's not playing up to what I expected though. Maybe its nerves. Who knows.

txhoosier
01-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Leinart's pocket prescense has really impressed me. Carr could learn him something from Leinart.
i hate to beat a dead horse here, but Leinart plays behind a GREAT O-line.

Carr was a STUD QB when he was drafted. After years of hearing footsteps, you can't expect him to have pocket poise. One of the biggest jobs facing the new coach is going to be to turn Carr back around and make him live up to his potential.

He is so used to hearing footsteps and then picking himself up off the turf, he is a bit gun-shy. I can't say I blame him.

Seņor Stan
01-04-2006, 09:15 PM
SACK! Sweet!

PapaL
Pressure is really bothering Leinhert.

mexican_texan
Bush is not impressing me. Unless he is trying to not get hurt. Facemask, holding, and still got the sack. Good job by Okam 97

Carr Bombed
01-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Anyone know where David Thomas is projected to be picked? :drool: now theres something we argee on, I was completely sold on thomas on one play I saw of him this year, he had the complete open field after he caught the ball and the safety was bearing down on him, but instead of running into the open field he ran straight for the safety and lowered his shoulder and absolutely laid him out, granted it knocked him off balace and he fell down six yards later, but I liked the toughness, he is a football player, man this is a long sentence.

mexican_texan
01-04-2006, 09:16 PM
i hate to beat a dead horse here, but Leinart plays behind a GREAT O-line.

Carr was a STUD QB when he was drafted. After years of hearing footsteps, you can't expect him to have pocket poise. One of the biggest jobs facing the new coach is going to be to turn Carr back around and make him live up to his potential.

He is so used to hearing footsteps and then picking himself up off the turf, he is a bit gun-shy. I can't say I blame him.
are you copying and pasting? Because I swear I've heard the exact statement before.

Seņor Stan
01-04-2006, 09:17 PM
SACK! Sweet!

TIMES TWO!!!

texan279
01-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Everyone on the USC sideline just looks lost.

txhoosier
01-04-2006, 09:19 PM
are you copying and pasting? Because I swear I've heard the exact statement before.
sometimes I feel like it.

I find it hard to criticize Carr when the O-line is so terrible at protecting him. I would LOVE to see anyone who is bashing Carr try and complete ONE pass behind that line.

rittenhouserobz
01-04-2006, 09:19 PM
UT defense has just dominated this quarter. It has been fun watching Vince Young play better than Leinart also.

mexican_texan
01-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Glad to have the lead, but the fumble by the PR still haunts me. Last year's Orange Bowl was a game until Mark Bradley fumbled. USC went on to score a lot after that.

Carr Bombed
01-04-2006, 09:20 PM
if it wasn't for the early fumble this would be a 19-3 ball game

Grid
01-04-2006, 09:22 PM
So far.. Bush looks good but I dunno about "best RB in decades" good.

If Vince Young declares, he may be just as promising a prospect for the #1 pick.. if not more promising. Hes amazing.

Fiddy
01-04-2006, 09:23 PM
It has been fun watching Vince Young play better than Leinart also. VY has been great through the air but people will still say he cant throw... :challenge

txhoosier
01-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Everyone on the USC sideline just looks lost.
the look on Leinart's face heading off the field reminded me of Peyton Manning's facial expressions when facing the Pats in previous seasons. That's not good for SC if he doesn't turn that around.

WWJD
01-04-2006, 09:24 PM
I wonder...if the Horns win will Vince feel like it's time for the NFL?

Or if they lose (Heaven forbid!) will he come back for a possible run at the championship and that elusive Heisman?

He's a very mature young man. I do believe he would do fine in the NFL if he were to leave.

mexican_texan

I find it hard to criticize Carr when the O-line is so terrible at protecting him. I would LOVE to see anyone who is bashing Carr try and complete ONE pass behind that line.
I know what you mean, I have to protect our Brad Pitt from haters, but I won't do that anymore. He is inconsistent. He can play great with a lot of pressure, and come back next week and play badly with a lot less pressure (JAX). Something I still like about him is that he has only thrown one or two interceptions under Palmer, not counting tipped ball. His accuracy and arm strength is definitely elite, but he does not have pocket prescence. I hope he gets a good QB coach under the coaching staff.

LORK 88
Reggie Bush is not impressing me one bit.

He hits the hole, and goes STRAIGHT for the sidlines as soon as he can. This guy isnt what we need. like I thought, theres a big difference between Pac 10 defenses and UTs defense.

thefuture17
01-04-2006, 09:25 PM
I juist had a vision Bush is gonna lite it up in the 2nd half and USC wins now lets see if it comes true!!!!!!!!!!!!

txhoosier

If Vince Young declares, he may be just as promising a prospect for the #1 pick.. if not more promising. Hes amazing.
Superstars SHINE on the big stage. VY is showing that he is a SUPERSTAR, IMO.

Someone earlier said Bush looks like he's playing NOT to get hurt, and that might make the Texans think twice about picking him.

The Colts took Edgerrin James over Ricky Williams with the pick they got from STL for Marshall Faulk. Not a popular decision on draft day, but it turned out OK. LOL.

awtysst

I have not bashed Carr, but I accecpt your challenge. Please arrange this with the Texans organization along with my NFL minimum salary. Thank you much!

WiiBrawler
01-04-2006, 09:26 PM
I juist had a vision Bush is gonna lite it up in the 2nd half and USC wins now lets see if it comes true!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen To That Brotha!:yahoo:

txhoosier
01-04-2006, 09:28 PM
I know what you mean, I have to protect our Brad Pitt from haters, but I won't do that anymore. He is inconsistent. He can play great with a lot of pressure, and come back next week and play badly with a lot less pressure (JAX). Something I still like about him is that he has only thrown one or two interceptions under Palmer, not counting tipped ball. His accuracy and arm strength is definitely elite, but he does not have pocket prescence. I hope he gets a good QB coach under the coaching staff.
hang tough, man. I think that some improvements on the O-line (Martz would help with coaching) Carr will be just fine.

I worry that he's already been ruined by Capers and his lackadaisical approach to losses. Only time will tell.

I want my teams #1 and #2 in the AFC South. I don't like the Titans, and I HATE the Jags. Their fans are a bunch of jerks.

mexican_texan
This isn't a halftime show, its an advertisement for USC. I hope Bevo gets lose and Hooks 'Em.

txhoosier
I have not bashed Carr, but I accecpt your challenge. Please arrange this with the Texans organization along with my NFL minimum salary. Thank you much!
do i get my agent's cut of 45%?

txhoosier
01-04-2006, 09:30 PM
This isn't a halftime show, its an advertisement for USC. I hope Bevo gets lose and Hooks 'Em.
the USC band SUCKS!!! Why were they grabbing crotch on a family show?

edo783
01-04-2006, 09:31 PM
the Jags. Their fans are a bunch of jerks.

That's pretty much a consensus opinion in the AFC South.

PapaL
01-04-2006, 09:31 PM

Are the "Prom Queen" Wife and groupies also included in this deal? LoL.

awtysst
01-04-2006, 09:32 PM
do i get my agent's cut of 45%?

How about 20% plus I will even autograph a picture of myself for you?!

Peldon
01-04-2006, 09:34 PM
I wonder how many different ads USC is planning on running during the game. I think I seen at least 3 different ones.

txhoosier
01-04-2006, 09:34 PM
That's pretty much a consensus opinion in the AFC South.
are there many fans at Reliant when the Jags are in town? I might have to make it to 2 games a year if there are.

txhoosier
01-04-2006, 09:36 PM
How about 20% plus I will even autograph a picture of myself for you?!
deal. 45% of nothing and 20% of nothing come out the same, but since you are throwing in the pic with siggy...I'm in. LOL.

texan279

I agree. If Young declared I would take him over Bush in a second.

awtysst
are there many fans at Reliant when the Jags are in town? I might have to make it to 2 games a year if there are.

This year the game was xmas eve so it was not full.

mexican_texan
the USC band SUCKS!!! Why were they grabbing crotch on a family show?
They cut to commercial when Texas' band started. BTW, UT's commercials are classier.

tulexan
01-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Reggie Bush is not impressing me one bit.

He hits the hole, and goes STRAIGHT for the sidlines as soon as he can. This guy isnt what we need. like I thought, theres a big difference between Pac 10 defenses and UTs defense.

You're right almost 150 all purpose yards in the first half is a really bad game.

If that lateral is completed rather than dropped, it was a highlight reel play. Some times you complete them, some times you don't. This time he didn't.

What about the plays where he has run between the tackles, or the one in the beginning of the game where he ran through the defender rather than around him?

txhoosier
01-04-2006, 09:38 PM
OT - any of you guys here signed up for the MS-150 in April? If not and you want to ride, you'd better get signed up quick. They are getting close to 13,000 riders, and registration will be cut off.

Fiddy
01-04-2006, 09:39 PM
You're right almost 150 all purpose yards in the first half is a really bad game.

If that lateral is completed rather than dropped, it was a highlight reel play. Some times you complete them, some times you don't. This time he didn't.

What about the plays where he has run between the tackles, or the one in the beginning of the game where he ran through the defender rather than around him? Yeah, I find it kind of hard to rip a guy who has 150 all purpose yards and tulexan is right. If the lateral is completed, it's a great highlight.

edo783
01-04-2006, 09:40 PM
You're right almost 150 all purpose yards in the first half is a really bad game.?

Not sure how ya go the 150. They showed 55 run 64 pass I think. Look like 119 to me. Are you adding in the Kicking game yards?

Peldon
01-04-2006, 09:41 PM
Not sure how ya go the 150. They showed 55 run 64 pass I think. Look like 119 to me.

37 in kick retrun.

PapaL
01-04-2006, 09:42 PM
Not sure how ya go the 150. They showed 55 run 64 pass I think. Look like 119 to me.

Kickoff and Punt yardage.

awtysst
max jean gilles: we need to get him in round 2.

txhoosier
OK...the new HEB commercial is HILARIOUS. Carr doesn't like sacks...carrying in his groceries in his arms. LOL.

texan279

What about the plays where he has run between the tackles, or the one in the beginning of the game where he ran through the defender rather than around him?

He ran between the tackles once that I saw through a hole a Mack truck could have driven through. 104 of his yards are from receptions and kick returns. What he has done out of the backfield has not impressed me enough to use the #1 overall pick on him.