01-04-2006, 12:19 AM
Class guy
Motivator
From Houston
Winner
Respect from players
Winner
Did I say motivator

He will change the coaching profession and the way things are done.

A "homer" who has the respect needed to change around things.

bdiddy
01-04-2006, 12:26 AM
Class guy
Motivator
From Houston
Winner
Respect from players
Winner
Did I say motivator

I like Singletary as an individual and a motivator, however, I think he lacks enough coaching experience to be an NFL head coach. He has never been a defensive coordinator, this is his next natural position. Singletary should be a D-Coordinator for 2-3 years and then he will be ready for a head coaching job. I would love to see him come to the Texans as DC/Assistant Head Coach.

Texas_Thrill
01-04-2006, 08:49 AM
Yea its the next logical step but sometimes you can step outside of the box. I'd give him a shot.

El Tejano
01-04-2006, 08:51 AM
I wonder. Again just wonder. What it would be like if Jeff Fisher lost his job, we hired him, and Singletary was his defensive coordinator?

Double Barrel
01-04-2006, 10:04 AM
I'd definitely give him a shot as DC, but I'm not sure if his resume qualifies enough to make him a safe pick as a HC. I mean anything can happen, but that one's a bit of a stretch.

Class act, though, without a doubt. And he's definitely got championship pedigree.

SheTexan
01-04-2006, 11:24 AM
Read he was interviewing with the Lions for HC position. Said he felt ready to take a HC position. I wish him well. Would not be unhappy if he came to Houston in some capacity.

Texans86
01-04-2006, 04:06 PM
NFL live on 1/4/06 said Detroit is going to interview Singletary

oldguard
01-05-2006, 12:12 AM
Singletary would galvanize the team and the fans PERIOD.

He would revitalize the players and change the way things are done for both them and the coaches. Believe me.

TexanSam
01-05-2006, 12:51 AM
Class guy
Motivator
From Houston
Winner
Respect from players
Winner
Did I say motivator

What about Kubiak? He's from Houston, a winner, I'm sure he gets the respect from his players or he wouldn't be a successful OC, and I'm pretty sure he's a good motivator.

Same goes for Linehan.