PDA

View Full Version : If we beat San Fran who would get 1st Pick?

ojthecat
12-24-2005, 10:58 PM
If we beat the 49ers next week and then if the Saint, the Jets, and the Packers loose who would end up with the 1st Pick in next year's draft?

berkman17
12-24-2005, 11:13 PM
going from the strength of schedule on the nfl's website (http://www.nfl.com/standings/conference), the top 5 would be as follows:

Green Bay
New Orleans
NYJ
Houston
San Fran

Note that GB and NYJ still have to play, and their SOS hasn't been updated this week.

TexanTom
12-25-2005, 12:34 AM
I totaled it up a little earlier but it is extremely close. Just factoring in this week and last weeks opponents (and assuming the outcomes said above) I believe it worked out to:
NO
NYJ
HOU
GB
SF

But NO, NYJ, and HOU were within 1 or 2 "opponent wins" of each other, so that's extremely close and thus would depend a lot on other teams performances next week. I was going to total it up again after the game Monday night b/c at that point it won't be quite so difficult to check out all the options/important games.

royce1054
12-25-2005, 05:25 AM
yes if we lose we can get an extra round higher on a trade or maybe another player in the deal. Also might make us look more attractable to OL FA's.

rittenhouserobz
12-25-2005, 10:32 AM
I am just glad to see that SF can score. I think the Texans will keep it close, but they will lose in the end.