PDA

View Full Version : Rank the Super Bowls

swisher
12-20-2005, 12:59 PM
On ESPN you can rank the Super Bowls from best to worst, and then they will air them in that order before the Super Bowl. http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/listranker?id=342

What are your Best and Worst Super Bowls?

For the cliche' about Super Bowls bieng bad, the last decade has had some of the best in my opinion.

(My list only has games from the past 15 or 16 years...I barely remember any Super Bowl past Super Bowl 20.)

My favorites:

1. Super Bowl 34: Titans lose on the one yard line
2. Super Bowl 38: Back and forth right to the end
3. Super Bowl 36: Patriots shock the Rams with last second FG
4. Super Bowl 25: Giants win when Buffalo misses FG
5. Super Bowl 23: Montana leads 49ers on long drive to beat Cincy

Others: Super Bowls 39, 32, 31, 30, 28

My least favorites:

1. Super Bowl 29: 49ers blow out Chargers
2. Super Bowl 24: 49ers embarass the Broncos
3. Super Bowl 27: Cowboys kill the Bills
4. Super Bowl 26: Redskins win a snoozer against the Bills
5. Super Bowl 33: Broncos beat the Falcons

Kaiser Toro
12-20-2005, 01:18 PM
Super Bowl XIII - Steelers over Cowboys 35-31. It was the first repeat match up in a Bowl Game I believe. Jackie Smith missed a pass in the end zone and there was no one within 10 yards of him.

Tale Gator
12-20-2005, 01:35 PM
Yeah, the ball bounced off Jackie's chest -- it would have been his first catch of the year (I believe).

swisher
12-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Super Bowl XIII - Steelers over Cowboys 35-31. It was the first repeat match up in a Bowl Game I believe. Jackie Smith missed a pass in the end zone and there was no one within 10 yards of him.

I have the broadcast of that game on tape....and it's heart breaking to watch Jackie Smith drop that pass, even if you do hate the Cowboys.

TheOgre
12-20-2005, 02:33 PM
Favorite teams:
1. Houston Texans
31. Dallas Cowboys
32. Pittsburgh Steelers

It is like waiting in line for 30 minutes to go to the bathroom after drinking a six-pack. That is how much I enjoy Steelers and Cowboys Super Bowls.

WWJD
12-20-2005, 02:40 PM
I have the broadcast of that game on tape....and it's heart breaking to watch Jackie Smith drop that pass, even if you do hate the Cowboys.

Roger Staubach took the blame for that pass being dropped. He said he didn't realize how open Jackie was and threw it too hard.

TheOgre
12-20-2005, 04:14 PM
The most underrated Super Bowl was the one between the Broncos and Packers. The game went back and forth. It seemed like neither team could establish much momentum. The game was tied and the Packers had the ball deep in their territory with about 2-3 minutes to go. Antonio Freeman dropped a pass over the middle. If he had caught that, it was 7. The Broncos took the lead late and Favre threw an INT to finish it. A great game with two great QB's.

jim rome
01-30-2006, 04:09 PM
I think a far as being a good close game the super bowl in houston was great . I also think that the titans Vs Rams was an awsome foot ball game!

rmartin65
01-30-2006, 04:51 PM
Roger Staubach took the blame for that pass being dropped. He said he didn't realize how open Jackie was and threw it too hard.
Recievers are paid to catch the ball. He should have caught it.

Speedy
01-30-2006, 05:41 PM
My personal favorites:

#1 was definitely XXXIV when the Titans come up a yard short.

#2 would be XXXII, Elway finally winning the big one.

#3 SB XXXVIII, great game in a great city in a great stadium. That was a great week here in H-town.

#4 XXXI, Favre winning one.

#5 XXX, Cowboys finally beating the freaking Steelers.

My memory only goes back to SB X. I suppose SB III was a great game. SB V was won in the last 5 seconds. X was a good game even though my team lost. XVI was a great game, even though I hated the 9ers and Mr. Perfect #16. I enjoyed 4 of the Cowboys 5 SB wins (XII, XXVII, XXVIII, and XXX). Have no memory of SB VI. And of course all 3 of the Patriots wins have been pretty good games (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX).

Worst SB for me:

1) XXIV, oh how I hate the 9ers.
2) XX, not only a skunker of a game, but the fact Sweetness didn't get to score a Super Bowl TD and the freaking Fridge did is just wrong.
3) XXIX, the most who cares Super Bowl ever.
4) XIII, Jackie Smith dropping a sure TD and being labeled the sickest man in America.
5) XVIII, didn't and still don't care for either one of those teams (Raiders/Redskins)

More stinkers/who cares/disappointments SB's;
XV, XXI, XXII, XXVI, XXXV

Jack Bauer
01-30-2006, 07:08 PM

Can you still see that? When I look at any video older than 10 years it is hard to see...

Huge
01-30-2006, 07:44 PM
These certainly aren't the best SB's but they're my favorite...

1. Super Bowl XXVII - Return to the top.
2. Super Bowl XXVIII - Staying on top.
3. Super Bowl XXX - 3 in 4 years.
4. Super Bowl XXXIII - Elway wins his first.
5. Super Bowl XVIII - Raiders obliterate the Redskins.