PDA

View Full Version : Capers final two game strategy before getting fired

Ryan
12-19-2005, 03:36 PM
Dom Capers has a gameplan for his final two games as the Texans HC. He is gonna hurt this team by winning. He is just gonna stick it to the texans organization by playing lke there is no tomorrow and he will try and kill the future of the texans.

Frills
12-19-2005, 03:39 PM
Dom Capers has a gameplan for his final two games as the Texans HC. He is gonna hurt this team by winning. He is just gonna stick it to the texans organization by playing lke there is no tomorrow and he will try and kill the future of the texans.

Pure genius...go root for someone else, you're not a Texan fan

Double Barrel
12-19-2005, 03:41 PM
I don't think he sees it that way. I think he, like most coaches, live very insular lives that revolve around the week-to-week NFL schedule.

He'll keep doing what he does and the off-season or next year are not his concerns at this point. I can guarantee you that he's watching film and planning for the Jags as we type.

As far as his gameplan is concerned, it'll be the same thing we've seen all season. Coach Capers has never been one to get too elaborate. His school of thought is to do what you do so good that you beat the other team in spite of the knowing what you're going to do. Like the Steelers.

HJam72
12-19-2005, 03:44 PM
Capers is such a nice guy, I'm afraid he will decide to lose in order to help out the team in the long run, effectively causing us to win out. :cool:

Ryan
12-19-2005, 03:57 PM
actually i am a true texans fan. For the well-being of this team, it would be pointless to win now.

Double Barrel
12-19-2005, 04:13 PM
It's called PRIDE.

If you have none, then you don't know what I'm talking about. :howdy:

infantrycak
12-19-2005, 04:36 PM
actually i am a true texans fan. For the well-being of this team, it would be pointless to win now.

buh, bye!!!

zeplin
12-19-2005, 04:43 PM

Do we have nothing better to do than write crap like this.
He is suppossed to do whatever he can to win. Do you think Bob Mcnair is telling his coaching staff to go out and lose one for the gipper. I hope we do win the next 2 games. If we are counting on reggie fricken Bush to save us then we are sad. Does anybody remember the begining of the season we were talking about the playoffs and now we are hoping to lose the remainder of our games on purpose so we can get a higher draft pick.

Pathetic

ArlingtonTexan
12-19-2005, 04:54 PM
It is silly to think one player or one position in the draft destroys the future of a team. If an organization is worth its salt then it can make wise use the 3rd, 4th, or 5th overall pick just as easy as the top pick. The top pick is sexy, but not the be all to end all that some of you guys are making it out to be.

Paragon Blue
12-19-2005, 05:12 PM
If we do not get Bush we can still get someone that could help this team:homer:

cuppacoffee
12-19-2005, 05:15 PM

Someone is seriously disturbed. :)

Texan Asylum
12-19-2005, 05:16 PM
Ya ought not talk like that, your just a boy. UM huh

zeplin
12-19-2005, 05:24 PM
It warms the heart to see fans that see the Light.

Hervoyel
12-19-2005, 05:44 PM
Ya ought not talk like that, your just a boy. UM huh

"On my way to tha Texans game UM huh...."

http://www.films.or.kr/fame/image/main_sling_blade.jpg

"Reckon they got any of them french fried potaters at Reliant stadium?"

RWBinJax
12-19-2005, 05:47 PM
I really do not understand what is happening to the Texans. Dom Capers is a great coach, as he proved at Carolina.

Maybe it's just not a good match between him, Houston, and the owners? Who knows?

Salary cap issues? I don't really know, since I don't follow you that closely.

At any rate, good luck in the future (except against the Jaguars).

Texan Asylum
12-19-2005, 05:56 PM

Thanks for the Avatar dude...couldn't have picked a better one!!!!

GoneTexan
12-19-2005, 05:58 PM
It's called PRIDE.

Pride is what makes you accountable too… if only Dom believed this during the bye week, who knows?
Hell, if you are slated to go out anyway, why not go out blazing and take out as many as you can. Hope we win over the JAGS and then bet your house that we will beat the 49’ers by 35 points. Then we will know who is tanking games!!! :bomb:

chuckm
12-19-2005, 06:53 PM

I hope you're not allowed out in public without supervision ....

HJam72
12-19-2005, 07:56 PM
Do we have nothing better to do than write crap like this?

No. idonno:

real
12-19-2005, 08:27 PM
It's called PRIDE.

PRIDE ???? shhhhhhh.....we are 2-12......Pride was gone a while ago...We're playin for picks now...thats it

Tulip
12-19-2005, 08:46 PM

So he's been holding back his winning formula all season, and now he's trotting it out to hurt the future of the team? Why wouldn't he have used it to KEEP HIS JOB?

First, as much as I'm ready for him to go, I don't think there's anything vengeful about Dom Capers.

Second, not having the #1 pick isn't going to ruin the Texans' future.

Third, let the chips fall where they will. Losing is NEVER acceptable. Cultivating a losing culture is NEVER acceptable. Do we really want the Texans to become the Lions? Look how well they are doing with their umpteenth consecutive high draft pick. The reason why Capers has to go is because a successful franchise grow out of a philosophy of "not-losses and losses." At some point WINNING has to be what drives the team.

Fourth, the Texans have made great 1st picks. The Texans' only overall #1 (Carr) could arguably be our weakest 1st pick, so why do they fail without the overall #1?

touttail
12-19-2005, 09:10 PM

Yep, um humm, ate me some Sunday at the Cards game um humm!

they turnt me loose from the nervous hospital, said I was well--um hummm!

Bobby 119C

Double Barrel
12-20-2005, 12:13 AM
PRIDE ???? shhhhhhh.....we are 2-12......Pride was gone a while ago...We're playin for picks now...thats it

Pride is a state-of-mind. Our players give it their all every game. 2-12 just means the chemistry and talent of the team is out of whack, but it doesn't change the fundamental instinct of individual football players. These guys have been playing their whole lives to win. They sacrifice their bodies to that cause.

The definition of pride is a sense of one's own proper dignity or value; self-respect.

And you want them to roll over and QUIT for a freakin' draft pick?!

That's just sad, man. :dontknowa

BigDTexansFan
12-20-2005, 12:44 AM

is that your EXPERT opinion, I think it is pointless for pinheads to claim to be Texans fans when they cheer for Texans to lose.:brickwall