View Full Version : 2 BIG Tackles are UFA in 2006

BigDTexansFan
12-11-2005, 02:44 PM
Jon Runyan RT is UFA from Eagles

L J Shelton LT is UFA from Browna

wondering if they worth a look would definitely improve OL play

Wolf
12-11-2005, 02:50 PM
maybe one.. if I remember correctly we had a shot at shelton last offseason and didn't. or something long the lines (I can't remember if he visited or canceled his visit here)

run-david-run
12-11-2005, 03:22 PM
runnyan is worth getting, but i doubt the eagles will let him walk

Runner
12-11-2005, 03:25 PM
We don't need tackles; we don't play them anyway. We need more guards to fill in as we move the starters to the outside*

*this comment will be overcome by events as soon as Pendry is fired.

Napa Auto Parts
12-11-2005, 03:26 PM
runnyan is worth getting, but i doubt the eagles will let him walk

they might i dont see the eagles giving him alot of money the eagles are cheap like that. exceot when it come to donovan:texflag:

eriadoc
12-11-2005, 03:28 PM
LJ Shelton has been less than impressive throughout his career to this point. I believe it was posted on here that we took a look at him last year and chose to sign Victor Riley instead. If the Browns do not make an effort to re-sign him after this season, that should be all the indicator we need to avoid this guy.

Runyan would not be a bad pickup, from what little I know about him, but I doubt the Eagles will let him go. Do we have to make our draft decisions prior to signing a free agent?

BuffSoldier
12-11-2005, 03:29 PM
Get anyone who can help this horrible o-line. I would get both if i could.

PapaL
12-11-2005, 03:33 PM
If Runyan is avaliable, it because he's about to retire. Been in the league 10 years now, 11 next year. Not exactly someone you build around.

Oilers/Texans
12-11-2005, 03:37 PM
I'm looking forward to the free agent signing period. I hope there are several very good offensive linemen for the Texans to consider. Anyone know if there is any talk of a franchise type lineman in the draft?

BigDTexansFan
12-11-2005, 04:00 PM
I'm looking forward to the free agent signing period. I hope there are several very good offensive linemen for the Texans to consider. Anyone know if there is any talk of a franchise type lineman in the draft?

Texas Longhorns LT

73 Jonathan Scott 6-7 315 Sr.-3L OT Dallas, TX (Carter)

Jonathan Scott #73
Height: 6-7
Weight: 315
Class: Sr.-3L
Hometown: Dallas, TX (Carter)
· Awards bio and notes [PDF]

Big, athletic fifth-year offensive lineman who is one of the nation’s best tackles and a fourth-year starter … has earned All-Big 12 honors each of his three years at UT … combines the athletic ability to be an effective pass blocker with the size and strength to be an overpowering run blocker … has tremendous footwork and combines that with an 82-inch wingspan (6-10) ... also is the backup deep snapper … member of the Lombardi Award preseason watch list … tabbed preseason first-team All-America by Athlon, Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook, Lindy's, Playboy, Street and Smith’s and The Sporting News … tabbbed the second-best tackle in the nation entering 2005 by The Sporting News … listed as the eight-best prospect entering the 2006 NFL Draft by Lindy's … named best offensive lineman and preseason first-team All-Texas by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football … earned second-team All-America honors from The Associated Press and Sports Illustrated in 2004 … earned honorable mention All-America honors from Pro Football Weekly … also a consensus first-team All-Big 12 selection … graduated from UT in May 2005 with a bachelor’s degree in radio/television/film … has played in 38 career games and started 32 … has started the last 30 contests … started all 12 games in 2004 … allowed only one sack as a junior … started all 13 games at left tackle and was tabbed third-team All-Big 12 as a sophomore … played in all 13 games and started seven at right tackle in 2002 … tabbed honorable mention All-Big 12 in 2002 … … earned a spot on The Sporting News’ Big 12 All-Freshman team … worked at left tackle during his redshirt season in ’01 … a six-time member of UT’s Athletics Director’s Academic Honor Roll.

Snapple
12-11-2005, 04:03 PM

Ferguson...

Oilers/Texans
12-11-2005, 04:10 PM
I think Mel Kiper has D'Brickashaw Ferguson listed in his top ten players.

Snapple
12-11-2005, 04:27 PM
He does. Ferguson will be a top-five pick, no matter who drafts him.