PDA

View Full Version : 6 sacks and counting...

Erratic Assassin
12-11-2005, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I know Reggie Bush already has a place reserved for him in the NFL Hall of Fame (without playing a single game). I know we have so many needs that we are supposed to take the best player available no matter what position he plays. But at what point DO we address the offensive line?

It should be obvious that you can't get decent offensive linemen in the later rounds or in free agency as Casserly has led us to believe, or we would have a decent o-line by this point.

When are we going to suck it up and do things the right way? You must build your house on a solid foundation and that foundation is your line. Stop getting distracted by coveting the high-profile glamour positions. It's got us nowhere.

stevo3883
12-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Yeah, I know Reggie Bush already has a place reserved for him in the NFL Hall of Fame (without playing a single game). I know we have so many needs that we are supposed to take the best player available no matter what position he plays. But at what point DO we address the offensive line?

It should be obvious that you can't get decent offensive linemen in the later rounds or in free agency as Casserly has led us to believe, or we would have a decent o-line by this point.

When are we going to suck it up and do things the right way? You must build your house on a solid foundation and that foundation is your line. Stop getting distracted by coveting the high-profile glamour positions. It's got us nowhere.

you do know we have the 1st pick in the 2nd round, and this draft is extremely deep at tackle.

we can get a guy like maybe scott or mcneil or justice or maybe even winston. there are so many good tackles to be had we will get a quality one there, and will also have Bush.

Napa Auto Parts
12-11-2005, 04:09 PM
scott:drool: is who i hope we end up with im not to high on Dsponge ferguson.

Goldeagle
12-11-2005, 04:19 PM
I am not high on Bush so I hope we trade down.

horn_omatic
12-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Im so sick of reggie bush talk. Davis after this season will have produced 3 1,000 yard seasons, with this crappy line. Imagine what he could do with a half way descent one. In my opinion we should switch to a 4-3 draft a.j. hawk with the first pick. obviously if we have first overall, trade down and pick him up. As for the second pick and on, o-line and defense are a priority.

Napa Auto Parts
12-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Im so sick of reggie bush talk. Davis after this season will have produced 3 1,000 yard seasons, with this crappy line. Imagine what he could do with a half way descent one. In my opinion we should switch to a 4-3 draft a.j. hawk with the first pick. obviously if we have first overall, trade down and pick him up. As for the second pick and on, o-line and defense are a priority.

Once again the texans line is a crappy Pass Protecting line but they are a decent run Line.

horn_omatic
12-11-2005, 04:30 PM
either way o-line or defense is what we need, not another running back.

LBblitz
12-11-2005, 04:33 PM
i agree. hawk really impressed me this year and I would love to see the front office draft for needs...and we dont need a RB. we already drafted a rb last year then gave davis a new contract (which I agreed with). Trading down to get Hawk or Polsluszny from penn state and another pick would really help. Then we could concentrate on the o-line.

Even if we dont get either of these LBs, Wong will be back next year and MLB was his first position anyway.

BattleRedGuy
12-11-2005, 04:36 PM
scott:drool: is who i hope we end up with im not to high on Dsponge ferguson.

I hope we get a line coach who can teach him how to pass block. We could put him on the right side.

MorKnolle
12-11-2005, 05:32 PM

I definitely agree with your assessment on Davis, but I don't overly like picking up Hawk. If we switch to a 4-3 we have Wong and Greenwood locked into big deals so we can't really get rid of them and basically need to start him, and I think Peek and/or Orr at the third LB spot is a decent LB group. If we are going to switch to a 4-3, we would need to look for a second DE, Babin could be a decent LE but I'd look for a better pass-rusher for RE, but with first round I still say we have to do something about this OL. Pitts should definitely be here and starting next year and I think Wiegert is still starting-quality, but otherwise we need to start getting more OL, plus Wiegert is getting old and probably should be gone after next year. Wade's contract also makes it pretty difficult to get rid of next year so he'll probably have to start again (hopefully at OG because I don't really like him at RT). Hopefully we get at OL in the first round (one that can both pass block and run block, thus not Ferguson since he is not a good run blocker).

run-david-run
12-11-2005, 05:34 PM
I hope we get a line coach who can teach him how to pass block. We could put him on the right side.
no, he is a much better pass blocker then run blocker, he can only play LT

stevo3883
12-11-2005, 05:37 PM
no, he is a much better pass blocker then run blocker, he can only play LT

scott? Scott can definitely run block... you must mean Ferguson...

rmartin65
12-11-2005, 05:48 PM
Ive never been a Bush guy, but watching some of those replay's last night.... that was some crazy stuff.