PDA

View Full Version : Heart-Crushing Texas State Loss

Texans Horror
12-10-2005, 12:13 AM
I'm not even a Texas State fan, and I still got caught up in the game. That was a great one - too bad about that last interception.

Keeping it Texans, though - this is the third game in three weeks where the opposing team has come back in the last 1 - 2 minutes to take the game away (in this case, tie it)!!!!! To quote Charlie Brown: ARGH!!!

ghostlight
12-10-2005, 12:21 AM
I just watched the game also and feel sick. I lved in San Marcos for 10yrs and my son grad from San Marcos High so we went to games there. We had a 1:27 left on the clock and 3 TO's and the coach allowed the time to run down for OT. My head is still spinning!!!!

Fiddy
12-10-2005, 12:15 PM
And the MVP of the game is the Northern Iowa punter who, with around 2 minutes left in the first half, faked getting hit so well he got a personal foul off of it. They later scored a FG on that drive.

ArlingtonTexan
12-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Texas State's coach got scared. 3 time outs and 1:26 on the clock with a guy who can take the distance himself or throw it a mile. He should have at run that zone read play or once twice. Have to play to win. i knew they going to lose once he did that.

ATX
12-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Looks like Bailiff took a page out of Capers playbook on this one.

bigcarlos
12-11-2005, 12:58 PM
That coach was horrible

El Tejano
12-11-2005, 09:51 PM
Looks like Bailiff took a page out of Capers playbook on this one.
Actually this dude proved me wrong. I thought there was no other coach more stupidly conservative than Capers and then this guy out does him. Darn!! Texans lose again.