View Full Version : Free Agents List

Wharton
12-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Start your Christmas list now!

List of possible 2006 Free Agents.

http://www.theredzone.org/2006/freeagents/index.asp

cadahnic
12-08-2005, 02:41 PM
thanx wharton, even though this site does not list all of them and their salaries it is a good start. Morknolle and Coach C. will be releasing a more detailed one likely after this weekend.

HoustonTexans
12-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Who do you guys think would be ideal to pick up? ALso I'm just wondering, how much cap-room will we have to spend on some new guys.

I'm thinking this beast would be a nice pick-up if we actually decide to fix our O-Line this year:

"Steve Hutchinson, G, Seattle Seahawks
Rarely would a guard rate this high on a free-agent list that includes so many talented players. But Hutchinson isn't just any guard. He'll be voted to his third straight Pro Bowl after this season and may be the premiere player at his position. Along with Walter Jones, he's a huge reason why Alexander has been so productive.

The Seahawks would love to keep him, but that's not likely to be possible once Alexander is signed, already adding to the big contracts given to Jones and quarterback Matt Hasselbeck. Seattle has to pony up some dough to defensive tackle Rocky Bernard this offseason, too. That should translate into Hutchinson going to the highest bidder, and there should be quite a few."
(http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgRIyCIdSJaTNKa9L27FurBDubYF?slug=cr-notebook120705&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Continue the list...

YoungTexanFan
12-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Who do you guys think would be ideal to pick up? ALso I'm just wondering, how much cap-room will we have to spend on some new guys.

I'm thinking this beast would be a nice pick-up if we actually decide to fix our O-Line this year:

Rarely would a guard rate this high on a free-agent list that includes so many talented players. But Hutchinson isn't just any guard. He'll be voted to his third straight Pro Bowl after this season and may be the premiere player at his position. Along with Walter Jones, he's a huge reason why Alexander has been so productive.

The Seahawks would love to keep him, but that's not likely to be possible once Alexander is signed, already adding to the big contracts given to Jones and quarterback Matt Hasselbeck. Seattle has to pony up some dough to defensive tackle Rocky Bernard this offseason, too. That should translate into Hutchinson going to the highest bidder, and there should be quite a few."
(http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgRIyCIdSJaTNKa9L27FurBDubYF?slug=cr-notebook120705&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Continue the list...
I like him; he helps make Alexander the best RB in the league. He would help solidify our O-line. I'm not current on his contract or what he would ask or expect, but a pro-bowl guard would be a major piece to our team.

YoungTexanFan
12-08-2005, 08:36 PM
thanx wharton, even though this site does not list all of them and their salaries it is a good start. Morknolle and Coach C. will be releasing a more detailed one likely after this weekend.

hey, cadahnic, if you are going to help with this list: please rank them by position and provide salaries, expected teams of interest. most notable area of help to the texans, and age please.

i know it is a lot to ask, but i have been hearing about this "list" for a week at least. This would be a great basis for mocks and offseason planning.

thetexanator
12-08-2005, 09:13 PM
ill take archuleta and wayne.

mexican_texan
12-08-2005, 09:23 PM
were set to have 12 mil. in cap space. 'member, next is an uncapped year.

run-david-run
12-08-2005, 09:32 PM
not much there at tackle other than runyan, whom i doubt the eagles will let get away...

run-david-run
12-08-2005, 09:35 PM
linebacker looks good, andra davis is a beast against the run, akin ayodale is available and whitherspoon from carolina. also, TE looks rather empty, it seems that corner, tackle and TE are going to have to come from the draft, maybe Jopru can come back, we sure need him

run-david-run
12-08-2005, 09:37 PM
first on my list would be andra davis, mlb of the browns. we saw first hand what he can do against the run, which is something we desperatly need, especially as we dont have a true MLB if we switch to a 4-3.

run-david-run
12-08-2005, 09:38 PM

Continue the list...

Reggie Wayne. Very unlikley an up-and-coming WR would leave Peyton and play for the Texans of all teams, but he would be a great pick up, the start of the next great passing offense when lined up to AJ:drool:

TheRealJoker
12-08-2005, 09:45 PM
Steve Hutchinson!!!

YoungTexanFan
12-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Reggie Wayne. Very unlikley an up-and-coming WR would leave Peyton and play for the Texans of all teams, but he would be a great pick up, the start of the next great passing offense when lined up to AJ:drool:

we have an ideal #2 that everyone is calling for in mathis. I have been saying this all year! Wayne will cost too much, and will not peform like expected with out pro-bowl talent around him. the white reciever is a better player IMO.

TheRealJoker
12-08-2005, 09:56 PM
"maybe Jopru can come back"

When was he ever here? lol

YoungTexanFan
12-08-2005, 09:57 PM
first on my list would be andra davis, mlb of the browns. we saw first hand what he can do against the run, which is something we desperatly need, especially as we dont have a true MLB if we switch to a 4-3.
we dont have a true MLB in the 3-4 which our personel is geared towards.

YoungTexanFan
12-08-2005, 09:58 PM

did he even come to houston for a press conference when we drafted him?

Texizgreat
12-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Reggie Wayne :drool:

False Start
12-09-2005, 01:04 AM

lol:

sakebomb
12-09-2005, 07:05 AM
Are you referring to Brandon Stokley (the white receiver)?

Although his 34 catches and 392 yards with 1 TD are impressive for the Texans offense I would much rater have Wayne's 67 catches and 862 yards which both currently barely lead the Colts.

sakebomb
12-09-2005, 07:06 AM
That being said, I too think Wayne will be overpriced.

run-david-run
12-09-2005, 08:03 AM
notice there are very few premire TE's and Tackles available, if we are going to rebuild these positions its going to have to be through the draft

Texas_Thrill
12-09-2005, 09:02 AM
I'm on the HUTCHINSON bandwagon. I want to see us shore up this line in a real way so that anything we add to the line is depth and bolstering it.

Wayne will be overpriced b/c there really won't be any other studs out there on the market.

Andra Davis is a possibility if we have a new coach in place but I"d rather go LINE first and second.