PDA

View Full Version : We need to win a few more this season...

Holden135
12-08-2005, 11:04 AM
In my opinion Reggie Bush is not what we need. He will be a good nfl player but he is a rb and a returner. We already have a pretty solid rb in Davis and we have the no. 2 kr in the nfl with mathis. We need ol and we need it bad. We have ignored it for too long.
The only problem is that if we continue at this pace we will be the no. 1 pick and everyone and their mothers will expect us to pick Reggie Bush. I wouldn't want the mgmt. getting "talked into" drafting Bush and if we don't draft Bush we will be bashed for years to come.
I think if we can win a few more game (Titans, 49ers, and Cardinals) then we can possibly move back to the 3 or 4 spot and be in a good position to take the no. 1 ol. I think this would make things alot easier. This is just my crazy opinion but that is how i see it.

Texas_Thrill
12-08-2005, 11:10 AM
At this point it is crazy. Not that I disagree with you but at least having the #1 pick we can MOVE BACK and pick up some picks. And right now I haven't seen the OL seperate themselves and give a definitive #1 OL in the draft. If that happens we can trade back in the fight over young or leinhart and go from there.

Holden135
12-08-2005, 04:46 PM
I agree and I would actually love to trade down from the one pick and pick up another mid round pick but i think even if we do trade down the media will blast us for missing out on a super star even though we have more important weaknesses. It shouldn't bother me what the media say's about us but lately everything said about the texans is in a mocking manner and its getting a little old.

edo783
12-08-2005, 08:09 PM
I suspect that the media will be pretty much like this board....all over the place. Some will say getting a line is the right thing and others would say Bush is the right thing. I suspect we will be castegated no matter what we do both here and in the media.

YoungTexanFan
12-08-2005, 08:28 PM
I suspect that the media will be pretty much like this board....all over the place. Some will say getting a line is the right thing and others would say Bush is the right thing. I suspect we will be castegated no matter what we do both here and in the media.

that's a five dollar word for you. i do enjoy my english lessons.:homer:

ghostlight
12-08-2005, 08:29 PM
I can still remember the OL that the Oilers built through the draft. We have the chance to do that this draft and next year. We can be set for the next 10yrs if we can keep the OL together. With the right trade for the #1 we may still be able to pick up a high 2nd round LB and safety.