PDA

View Full Version : This is a deep draft + Ernie Sims

lukejacobs1
12-07-2005, 04:07 PM
I have been looking at mock draft's and it strikes me that this is a very deep draft and we would do well to trade the dead wood to aquire as many 2nd and 3rd round pick as possible because of the players that will still be avalible there. The McNeil's, Lawson's and Thomas Howard's are amazing value should they fall to the 2nd or 3rd round. Plus the player I would like to see in a Texans uni is Ernie Sims he doesnt get much air time because he is a junior but he is one of my favourite players and could come out and maybe just maybe could fall to us with the first pick in the second round.

MorKnolle
12-07-2005, 04:09 PM
I've never heard of Sims at all and being that he is a junior how likely is it that he will come out? If he hasn't been getting much pub at all he could likely fall below the 33rd pick, and I don't recall seeing his names high on any mocks so whoever he is, he might need a great combine workout to move up the charts. Anyone have any more info on him?

lukejacobs1
12-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Look into it a little, ask around. You will see what I'm talking about. He's 50/50 to come out.

D-ReK
12-07-2005, 04:16 PM
Ernie Sims is an OLB from FSU...He's pretty small at 6-0 and 220, but he is fast and is a good tackler...He's also pretty good in coverage...He seems like a LB that would perform well in a cover-2 scheme like Indy uses...

Regarding trading down, I am heavily in favor of it, even if it means losing out on the next great bust, Reggie Bush...

lukejacobs1
12-07-2005, 04:21 PM
He has run a 4.3 40 and hits like a truck.

http://seminoles.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/sims_ernie00.html

MorKnolle
12-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Ernie Sims is an OLB from FSU...He's pretty small at 6-0 and 220, but he is fast and is a good tackler...He's also pretty good in coverage...He seems like a LB that would perform well in a cover-2 scheme like Indy uses...

Regarding trading down, I am heavily in favor of it, even if it means losing out on the next great bust, Reggie Bush...

We already have one drastically undersized LB that is the size of a safety, so I'd prefer to go another route. I'll look into him a little more though before I pass a final judgement on it.

texansalltheway
12-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Before we trade our picks for more 2nd and 3rd rounders, lets get a guy that can make good draft choices. Our history of 2nd and 3rd rounders is atroscious from Gaffney (not terrible considering the draft class) and Weary to Hollings, Joppru, Wand, Ragone and essentially Buchanon. But I do like Sims and hope we do get him.

infantrycak
12-07-2005, 04:31 PM
We already have one drastically undersized LB that is the size of a safety, so I'd prefer to go another route. I'll look into him a little more though before I pass a final judgement on it.

I have no problem with converting an undersized college LB to SS--see Michael Boulware.

Greenwood would be the biggest safety in the league if that is who you are talking about and is all of 1 lb under Sharper's weight and 2 lbs under Foreman--strange how a big contract makes you smaller.

real
12-07-2005, 06:14 PM
I have no problem with converting an undersized college LB to SS--see Michael Boulware.

Greenwood would be the biggest safety in the league if that is who you are talking about and is all of 1 lb under Sharper's weight and 2 lbs under Foreman--strange how a big contract makes you smaller.
I dont always agree with you, but darn it I love your knowledge...