PDA

View Full Version : USC vs. UCLA

nunusguy
12-03-2005, 05:20 PM
First time to really see Bush - yea, he's impressive, but getting huge holes
to run thru. Will wait to see if he's in OJs league, who I think was faster ?

Napa Auto Parts
12-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Bush is having and Awfull game i dont see why we would need his talents we dont need playmakers.:sarcasm:

tulexan
12-03-2005, 05:37 PM
How can anyone say that we don't need him? He has almost 200 yards rushing in a little over 1 quarter.

WWJD
12-03-2005, 05:42 PM
I think the Texans will win another game or two and it won't matter about Bush because somebody else will get him...probably the Niners.

The Preacher
12-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Either USC has the greatest line of all time or UCLA has the worst d-line of all time. They are getting mauled on every play . They really don't even need to attempt to pass. Actually they've been going run on 3rd and longs. I wish USC or Texas for that matter could play against some bigtime defenses.

Heywood
12-03-2005, 05:50 PM
casserly is too anal to draft bush. here's to hoping he's fired before the draft.

gg no re
12-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Reminder: UCLA has a bottom-25 defense.

tulexan
12-03-2005, 05:54 PM
casserly is too anal to draft bush. here's to hoping he's fired before the draft.

I don't think McNair would let him not draft him.

tulexan
12-03-2005, 05:58 PM

Reminder: Every team in the Big 12 except for Texas is pathetic

Heywood
12-03-2005, 05:59 PM

ucla on its worst day is a better team than colorado on its best.

Peldon
12-03-2005, 05:59 PM
It makes it a lot easier to win when your coach tells the officials where to spot the ball. :jk:

The Preacher
12-03-2005, 06:03 PM
Leinart looks like a second day pick. Tripping, fumbling, throwing high. I wonder what Carr could do with that kind of time.

nunusguy
12-03-2005, 06:03 PM
I think the Texans will win another game or two and it won't matter about Bush because somebody else will get him...probably the Niners.
And on top of that, we've got the strongest SOS, which means we lose all tie
breakers with the other teams. I'm thinkin we end up more in the 5-10 range.
If we'd win more than 2, we won't be drafting in the top ten.

Fiddy
12-03-2005, 06:04 PM
How does UCLA only have one loss with their defense giving up 250+ yards on the ground every game??? Even if their offense is really good, it must be tough for the coach to watch his team get gashed every week...

edo783
12-03-2005, 06:05 PM
Lionfart has looked real BAAAADDD. Kiss that trophy hope goodby. Winds an issue, but Olson for UCLA is dealing with it FAILY well. Bush has looked great. If we are in position to get him and don't get a stellar offer to trade down, then I wouldn't snival to badly with picking him. Still think that trading down is the right thing to do if the deal is right.

tulexan
12-03-2005, 06:06 PM
Somehow they always lock up their defense in the 4th quarter and become unstoppable.

nunusguy
12-03-2005, 06:06 PM
Leinart looks like a second day pick. Tripping, fumbling, throwing high. I wonder what Carr could do with that kind of time.
I dunno....how did he win the Heisman ? Just goes to show what West Coast media connections can get you. And it would be sweet of Carr had anything
like that kind of time, maybe just once or twice a game on average.

Carr Bombed
12-03-2005, 06:08 PM
everytime he touches the ball its a first down and people say we don't need him

Coach C.
12-03-2005, 06:14 PM
UCLA ranks 115th out of 117 teams in the NCAA DI. It is disturbing how much people fall in love when a guy can run against a horrible defensive team. Is Bush better than Williams who other than Dayne is the highest grossing yardwise guys in NCAA history.

The Preacher
12-03-2005, 06:17 PM
Bush's grandma could run through those holes. What a joke time to watch the SEC Championship.

Coach C.
12-03-2005, 06:18 PM
Finally someone with some intelligence

gg no re
12-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Reminder: Every team in the Big 12 except for Texas is patheticHey, no one's talking VY for Heisman here... I'm just saying that people shouldn't look too much into Bush's (inflated) stats today as a basis for their arguments.

Carr Bombed
12-03-2005, 06:27 PM
UCLA ranks 115th out of 117 teams in the NCAA DI. It is disturbing how much people fall in love when a guy can run against a horrible defensive team. Is Bush better than Williams who other than Dayne is the highest grossing yardwise guys in NCAA history.
Get real Bush produces week in and week out and has for the past two years, his YPC were about 8 yards BEFORE this game. Its so funny how people make excuses and say He can't do this or He can't do that or why He won't produce in the pros. Then they're so quick to defend DD, who the only thing he has proven is he can't stay healthy. If people don't want to draft Bush then just say you don't want to draft him. I hate to say this because I'm a big UT fan, but alot of questions are going to be answered in that game. Bush comes up big in big games

tulexan
12-03-2005, 06:29 PM
And when Bush runs for 150+ yards against Texas, what is the excuse going to be? The team was out late the night before?

Coach C.
12-03-2005, 06:30 PM
Man he is not even the top RB in the NCAA. Matter of fact he has had 3 games where he has not made 100 yds rushing. Last year he had even more games and less yds rushing. Is he a good player-yeah, but is he the next coming of Christ-HELL NO...

gg no re
12-03-2005, 06:30 PM
And when Bush runs for 150+ yards against Texas, what is the excuse going to be? The team was out late the night before?That Bush performed well against a good defense.

Don't expect all anti-Bush to remove credit in such stupid ways.

Carr Bombed
12-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Man he is not even the top RB in the NCAA. Matter of fact he has had 3 games where he has not made 100 yds rushing. Last year he had even more games and less yds rushing. Is he a good player-yeah, but is he the next coming of Christ-HELL NO...

He doesn't have to be. USC gives EVERYBODY touches and they spread the ball AROUND!! If he played on a less talented team he would get even more opportunities. Watch who USC gives the ball to when they need a big play are if they're behind the 8 ball. He comes through when they need him.

Johnny Utah
12-03-2005, 06:42 PM
Everybody just needs to stop hating on Bush. He's a special player. Just enjoy the show.

The Preacher
12-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Leinart reminds me of a poor man's Bernie Kosar. Bush is for real though there is no doubt about that. If the Texans get the first pick you have to take him unless you get the deal of the century.

Coach C.
12-03-2005, 06:47 PM
they give the ball to Lendale White and Leinhart. That is why they account for more touchdowns.

Lucky
12-03-2005, 06:59 PM
Leinart reminds me of a poor man's Bernie Kosar.
Matt just doesn't have the zip on the ball he had last season. Leinart had shoulder surgery in the offseason that was deemed "minor", but it seems like that needs to be looked at again after the Rose Bowl.

Carr Bombed
12-03-2005, 07:01 PM
they give the ball to Lendale White and Leinhart. That is why they account for more touchdowns. They give it to White when they want to pound it in. Many teams do that. Texas did it today with the freshmen. Who did they give the ball to on 3rd and 10 when they were trapped deep in their backfield.

uhcougar08
12-03-2005, 07:03 PM

No, he may not be the best RB in the game, but was LT when he was at TCU? The point is, he may be one of the top 5 or 10 most exciting playmakers ever to play the game of football. Every time he is on the field, you expect him to do something special. Name another player that does that right now? Maybe a few but, your a hater. I will apologize for you.......Im sorry, I don't get football and we dont need Bush.......May God be with you.

Coach C.
12-03-2005, 07:10 PM
uhcougar I will challenge you anyday to football technique, language, protocol, scouting, schemes, and anything in general as far as knowledge of football go. I am not going to attack anyone, but the fact of the Matter is LT was considered not only one of the most exciting playmakers, but a great RB. Bush is not as good as LT. Maybe the consensus, which is actually more in favor of not getting Bush than getting him, believes that Bush is the best playmaker they have ever seen. I am sorry I grew up with greats like, Joe Montana, Barry Sanders, Marcus Allen, Bo Jackson, LT, Emmit Smith, Jerry Rice,and every other Hall of Famer of the time. I will not pronounce Bush as the greatest Player of All Time because he has never played a down in the NFL.

So to you anytime you want to match wits we can go big guy.

dtran04
12-03-2005, 07:27 PM
Leinart would struggle if he wasn't behind a great O-Line. He stands around all day.

uhcougar08
12-03-2005, 07:28 PM
uhcougar I will challenge you anyday to football technique, language, protocol, scouting, schemes, and anything in general as far as knowledge of football go. I am not going to attack anyone, but the fact of the Matter is LT was considered not only one of the most exciting playmakers, but a great RB. Bush is not as good as LT. Maybe the consensus, which is actually more in favor of not getting Bush than getting him, believes that Bush is the best playmaker they have ever seen. I am sorry I grew up with greats like, Joe Montana, Barry Sanders, Marcus Allen, Bo Jackson, LT, Emmit Smith, Jerry Rice,and every other Hall of Famer of the time. I will not pronounce Bush as the greatest Player of All Time because he has never played a down in the NFL.

So to you anytime you want to match wits we can go big guy.

Actually Im not that big, only around 5'6", so am offended by that one. Why is it that you hate someone that is so darn good? By the way, he is a great back, you are just blind. I know my football too son, so dont go there, because I grew up watching those same hall of famers too. He is one of the greatest college football players. I never said anything about him playing in the NFL.

Napa Auto Parts
12-03-2005, 07:56 PM
As i stated before we dont need a diferremce maker Playmakers are so over rated im totally happy with DD. so what if he cant break a long one to change the game. reggie bush would just make us better and im used to mediocracy.

uhcougar08
12-03-2005, 10:06 PM
Playmakers are so over rated im totally happy with DD.
You and about half of the people on here think that you are so right and we need O-line right away. Your wrong. David said the other day that the second half against the Rams, they double teamed Dre, so he had no one to throw it too. Yes, we need a playmaker, im sick of the people who are so scared of a guy who is so amazing, maybe he will have to walk on water to prove things to people, wait hes been doing that all year long. Imagine if there was no L. White, maybe he would have rushed for 500 yds against UCLA. You people make me sick.

Hervoyel
12-03-2005, 11:06 PM
Finally someone with some intelligence

Where? I missed it again! Damn!

Daonly
12-03-2005, 11:13 PM
Bush Stands out on a Team full of Standouts! and have to share the rock! He's the best player on his team on a team that's the best in the country? does that telll you anything? Bush Avg 189 yards per game against 4 of USC's Best opponets this year. what that tells ya?

Hervoyel
12-03-2005, 11:17 PM
You and about half of the people on here think that you are so right and we need O-line right away. Your wrong. David said the other day that the second half against the Rams, they double teamed Dre, so he had no one to throw it too. Yes, we need a playmaker, im sick of the people who are so scared of a guy who is so amazing, maybe he will have to walk on water to prove things to people, wait hes been doing that all year long. Imagine if there was no L. White, maybe he would have rushed for 500 yds against UCLA. You people make me sick.

Easy there uhc, I think you missed the sarcasm in that last post by Napa.

Bush is IMO the real deal. Not taking him when (if) we get the chance is going to be something that I think most Texans fans will regret for a long, long time. As the season (both NFL and NCAA) gets closer to it's end people who are for drafting Bush are getting more excited by the prospect (and in some of their posts less realistic) and people against it are getting more and more down on his game (and again sounding less and less realistic in their evaluation of him).

ledzeppelin229
12-03-2005, 11:37 PM
I watched parts of the game today, and while I had some doubts early on (based mostly because I hadn't seen him play) I feel pretty good about it if we took him now. He might not have the size #s of a conventional RB, but he doesn't lack the strength or agility. I still want to see him against UTs defense and see if he can still make defenders look like children trying to tackle him. He doesn't just run around guys...It seemed like on every play he was breaking arm tackles without flinching. Now I don't know how much of that would translate to the NFL, but man...I just don't see the "scatback" knock some people have on him. Yes he's an exceptional athlete that can usually use his agility to get around people but in reality, that's just because he can, not because he has to. I still wouldn't be against a blockbuster tradedown, but I'm getting closer to the "sold" crowd.

Huge
12-03-2005, 11:37 PM
ucla on its worst day is a better team than colorado on its best.
UCLA on their other worst day...

UCLA (Undefeated at the time) - 14
Arizona (2-6 at the time) - 52

Yeah, those Bruins are a real powerhouse. :ok:

tulexan
12-04-2005, 12:45 AM
I did hear Dan Fouts say that Reggie Bush has been working with LaDainian Tomlinson for the past few years in the offseason and has been really working on improving his inside running. What makes him so dangerous is that he can get to full speed in about one step so when he does those counter runs he can draw the defense one way and then cut on a dime and run 40 yards. Like I have said earlier, I wasn't real high on him earlier in the season (but I admit I didn't see many of his games) but the more I see him, the more I like him. I feel foolish for doubting him before. I don't see how we could pass on him if we had the chance to draft him. Right now I would say there are only a handful of teams who could justify passing on him. The Chargers, the Seahawks (assuming they re-sign Alexander), and the Colts (assuming they re-sign James). Every other team would take him including the Texans. Who wouldn't want a guy who can potentially score a touchdown every single time he touches the ball? Think about how effective a playaction would be with him?

Go ahead and criticize him for playing against weaker competition and not being in the SEC. But what I have noticed from him is that he steps up for big games and seems to get better and better each week. I know that Fresno State isn't Georgia, but they aren't that bad of a team and it was a rivalry game. If Reggie didn't go nuts in that game and have 500 total yards, USC loses. If Reggie didn't have a great game against Notre Dame and push Matt Leinart into the endzone, USC loses. If Reggie didn't run for 200 yards in the first half of the UCLA game, USC might have lost. Matt Leinart didn't play very well and it seemed like every time UCLA had USC at 3rd and 10 Reggie would step up and bust out a 20 or 50 yard run. He demoralized the Bruins by consistently running right through them when they had USC pinned back and I think that Reggie could have threatened LT's rushing record if Pete Carroll let him rather than having Reggie share the wealth and give Matt and LenDale some yards and touchdowns. That is the kind of player you want on your team. You want a guy who can take over a game by himself and will a victory.

uhcougar08
12-04-2005, 05:14 PM
I did hear Dan Fouts say that Reggie Bush has been working with LaDainian Tomlinson for the past few years in the offseason and has been really working on improving his inside running. What makes him so dangerous is that he can get to full speed in about one step so when he does those counter runs he can draw the defense one way and then cut on a dime and run 40 yards. Like I have said earlier, I wasn't real high on him earlier in the season (but I admit I didn't see many of his games) but the more I see him, the more I like him. I feel foolish for doubting him before. I don't see how we could pass on him if we had the chance to draft him. Right now I would say there are only a handful of teams who could justify passing on him. The Chargers, the Seahawks (assuming they re-sign Alexander), and the Colts (assuming they re-sign James). Every other team would take him including the Texans. Who wouldn't want a guy who can potentially score a touchdown every single time he touches the ball? Think about how effective a playaction would be with him?

Go ahead and criticize him for playing against weaker competition and not being in the SEC. But what I have noticed from him is that he steps up for big games and seems to get better and better each week. I know that Fresno State isn't Georgia, but they aren't that bad of a team and it was a rivalry game. If Reggie didn't go nuts in that game and have 500 total yards, USC loses. If Reggie didn't have a great game against Notre Dame and push Matt Leinart into the endzone, USC loses. If Reggie didn't run for 200 yards in the first half of the UCLA game, USC might have lost. Matt Leinart didn't play very well and it seemed like every time UCLA had USC at 3rd and 10 Reggie would step up and bust out a 20 or 50 yard run. He demoralized the Bruins by consistently running right through them when they had USC pinned back and I think that Reggie could have threatened LT's rushing record if Pete Carroll let him rather than having Reggie share the wealth and give Matt and LenDale some yards and touchdowns. That is the kind of player you want on your team. You want a guy who can take over a game by himself and will a victory.

Couldn't of said it better myself, good job.

gg no re
12-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Mike Williams.

texplayer2
12-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Mike Williams.

Mike Williams can't throw the ball to himself. Receivers always have to rely on the QB. At SC he was a threat with the talent at QB, Lions need a new QB.

gg no re
12-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Reggie doesn't block 11 guys for himself, and he doesn't throw the ball for himself.

My point being is that while you can continue to invest in weapons like the Lions have, you will run the risk of having neglected positions lead to your own downfall.

uhcougar08
12-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Reggie doesn't block 11 guys for himself, and he doesn't throw the ball for himself.

My point being is that while you can continue to invest in weapons like the Lions have, you will run the risk of having neglected positions lead to your own downfall.

JH is terrible, he has all the weapons.

gg no re
12-04-2005, 07:19 PM
Exactly.

Carr Bombed
12-04-2005, 07:25 PM

What do you mean continue to invest. The only player we have given David to work with is AJ. We need more playmakers on offense.

gg no re
12-04-2005, 07:41 PM
Exactly.

We need to be like the Lion's offense, where they have Pollard, M. Williams, Roy Williams, Kevin Jones, and Charles Rogers. If we invest in playmakers the way that Detroit did, we are unstoppable!

Forget the line! Forget everything else!

Draft pure playmakers, because playmakers win Superbowls!

The greatest inspiration? The Colts! Man, were they a deadly force with their 7 playmakers on offense! 7 is a lot of playmakers, and that got them pretty far!

But hey, don't tell the Raiders that they have all the playmakers they need. I mean, Randy Moss, Jerry Porter, Lamont Jordan, Kerry Collins... that is pure playmaker gold right there!

Yes, we need more playmakers on offense! That is the key to success in the NFL, get more playmakers! Playmaker playmaker playmaker!!! Fire fire fire!!!

Carr Bombed
12-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Exactly.

We need to be like the Lion's offense, where they have Pollard, M. Williams, Roy Williams, Kevin Jones, and Charles Rogers. If we invest in playmakers the way that Detroit did, we are unstoppable!

The greatest inspiration? The Colts! Man, were they a deadly force with their 7 playmakers on offense! 7 is a lot of playmakers, and that got them pretty far!

But hey, don't tell the Raiders that they have all the playmakers they need. I mean, Randy Moss, Jerry Porter, Lamont Jordan, Kerry Collins... that is pure playmaker gold right there!

Yes, we need more playmakers on offense! That is the key to success in the NFL, get more playmakers! Playmaker playmaker playmaker!!! Fire fire fire!!!

Dude get a clue. The Lions drafted three WRs in the first round THREE years in a row am I advocating this NO. If you don't think we need more playmakers on offense then you havn't been watching the games. Here I'll be a DC drawing up a game plan against the texans. Wow! Ill just draw my coverage toward A. Johnson, you know since he is the real only guy that can truly burn me. Who cares if DD runs the ball he isn't going to burn my defense. We'll just let him have his yards, You know since the texans are 3-7 when he goes over a hundred yards. Ill take my chances with bradford since he can't even pull in a pass and I don't even have to put anybody in the flats and can just bring the house on a blitz, cause god KNOWS that the texans don't have anything that ressembles a TE. Yeah the LAST thing the Texans need is another PLAYMAKER. Nope we'll just keep the players that we have and continue to fail to sustain drives putting our defense in a bind keeping them on the field where they wear out and lose games late. Yeah thats working great for us. Also why does everybody assume that if you support drafting bush, that you don't want to fix the line. This draft is deep...DEEP. we should be able to do BOTH.

Hervoyel
12-04-2005, 08:57 PM
That's just overkill gg. The Texans have not neglected the offensive line to the extent that we have been led to believe (going into my opinion here just FYI). Looking at the Texans offensive line the only place they have failed to take care of business is at the LT position and last year they did try to sign Orlando Pace. That's a fairly impressive move right there. They should have bagged him IMO but they made a good run at him nevertheless.

The rest of the line? Well for LG they drafted Chester Pitts. For center they signed Steve McKinney (and no that didn't work out). RG they signed Zach Weigert and for RT they went out and signed Todd Wade. They've gone out and gotten themselves some players. They drafted Seth Wand, Milford Brown, Fred Weary, and Drew Hodgdon who looked promising at C in his short stay there.

What's the problem here? Is it talent or coaching. I (opinion remember) believe it's coaching. The Texans allowed 35 sacks in 2003 with arguably less talent than they have today. The difference is that prior to 2004 Joe Pendry became their coach. He took a team that could run block fairly well and set them back a year learning his version of zone blocking and he changed the way they went about pass protection.

Hiring Joe Pendry set this team back two years on offense IMO.

Having said that let me add that two other than Andre who do we have on offense who you could call a "Playmaker"?

Davis? Kind of, sometimes.
Gaffney? I dunno.
Joppru? Nobody knows yet.
Tony Hollings? Nope.
Armstrong? Might be? Nobody knows though because he doesn't play.
Bradford? Yeah back in 2002. Now he's more liability than asset.

Hey, add Reggie Bush and you've given Carr two Playmakers. Go find a legitimate threat WR in free agency and that makes three. We don't need 7 to make the team win, three would do just fine and we'll work from there.

uhcougar08
12-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Exactly.

Why cant you draft OL players in the second and third round?

gg no re
12-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Seriously, the stance of absurdity that I take on our oline woes is more extreme than you think.

Looking at the Texans offensive line the only place they have failed to take care of business is at the LT position and last year they did try to sign Orlando Pace. That's a fairly impressive move right there.It's only impressive if we weren't being used by Pace.

And let me tell you, neglecting LT is just as dangerous as neglecting the entire oline! If you ask me, LT is the equivalent of a hard drive on a computer! It ain't a good computer without that handy hard drive, and I can tell you this, a computer without a hard drive doesn't let you play Free Cell.

Having said that let me add that two other than Andre who do we have on offense who you could call a "Playmaker"?Who knows?! Maybe if we had established an oline [and get a better OC], we can define who our other playmakers are.

Seriously, it's like buying a speaker for your hard-driveless computer. You'll never know if it'll work if you don't get that hard-drive. Seriously!

Why cant you draft OL players in the second and third round?Picture this.

You're in debt. Been in debt for four years. You have chances to repay your debt in full.

Instead, you go out and buy the coolest stuff out there. iPods, X-Boxes, the coolest widgets and wadgets you could buy.

Now you got all these cool toys, but you're in debt! Seriously, that's not cool!

Seriously!

run-david-run
12-04-2005, 10:01 PM
Dude get a clue. The Lions drafted three WRs in the first round THREE years in a row am I advocating this NO. If you don't think we need more playmakers on offense then you havn't been watching the games. Here I'll be a DC drawing up a game plan against the texans. Wow! Ill just draw my coverage toward A. Johnson, you know since he is the real only guy that can truly burn me. Who cares if DD runs the ball he isn't going to burn my defense. We'll just let him have his yards, You know since the texans are 3-7 when he goes over a hundred yards. Ill take my chances with bradford since he can't even pull in a pass and I don't even have to put anybody in the flats and can just bring the house on a blitz, cause god KNOWS that the texans don't have anything that ressembles a TE. Yeah the LAST thing the Texans need is another PLAYMAKER. Nope we'll just keep the players that we have and continue to fail to sustain drives putting our defense in a bind keeping them on the field where they wear out and lose games late. Yeah thats working great for us. Also why does everybody assume that if you support drafting bush, that you don't want to fix the line. This draft is deep...DEEP. we should be able to do BOTH.
You must be the only person on Earth that does not consider 155yds to be considered burning someone? Just because he does it in lumps of 7 donst mean it is any less effective!!!!

tulexan
12-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Davis had a great game, but there were a few runs of his that would have been touchdowns from Bush.

Carr Bombed
12-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Our Oline has been improving, but Oline aside. Name who you think are reliable and the key word is RELIABLE playmakers on offense.

Carr Bombed
12-04-2005, 10:14 PM
You must be the only person on Earth that does not consider 155yds to be considered burning someone? Just because he does it in lumps of 7 donst mean it is any less effective!!!! ah.... yes it does if the defense gives you those yards. How did he run inside the red zone when the defense buckled down, how many tds did davis score. For that matter how many tds did we score as a team. Defenses take their chances with DD cause they know if he gets the ball they can keep the play in front of them........key phrase is he isn't going to make them PAY. We have no one on this team besides AJ for teams to gameplan against. We have a losing record when he goes over a hundred again I repeat LOSING record.....On a side not, how often does DD run for 155, I guess we should keep him cause hes good to have a solid game about twice a year against a bottom feeder team, but we still lose. Well thats if hes not nicked up and on the sideline. Point is hes not consistent and you can't count on him

MorKnolle
12-04-2005, 11:16 PM
BTW the Ravens have the 7th best defense in the NFL and 6th in yards per run and Davis had 155 yards on 29 carries (5.3 yards per carry). I thought he had a good game and ran very well and ran hard.

edo783
12-04-2005, 11:27 PM
BTW the Ravens have the 7th best defense in the NFL and 6th in yards per run and Davis had 155 yards on 29 carries (5.3 yards per carry). I thought he had a good game and ran very well and ran hard.

The Ravens offense may be worse than ours, but their deffense is a very good one. Good point.

texplayer2
12-04-2005, 11:58 PM

He must be reading the Post on this Board and getting a little worried about this 1st pick thing.:) I don't think we should get rid of DD, even if we get Bush. Run them both in and out and keep them fresh. Give us some time of posession and not give teams the last minute of a ballgame to beat us.:goodnight

Hervoyel
12-05-2005, 01:08 AM

So you're saying that our offensive line, even in it's currently somewhat mix and match form can run block pretty good right? If davis got 155 yards on the Ravens and averaged 5.3 yards per carry then the line must have given him some run blocking that was at the very least acceptable.

Maybe if we'd had a better back that might have translated into at least one touchdown today. Maybe that might have translated to a "W" instead of a "L".

MorKnolle
12-05-2005, 11:02 AM
So you're saying that our offensive line, even in it's currently somewhat mix and match form can run block pretty good right? If davis got 155 yards on the Ravens and averaged 5.3 yards per carry then the line must have given him some run blocking that was at the very least acceptable.

Maybe if we'd had a better back that might have translated into at least one touchdown today. Maybe that might have translated to a "W" instead of a "L".

Yes, our line does a decent job of run blocking and is getting better at the zone blocking scheme. I don't really think any of those runs would have been TDs for Reggie Bush because every good run he had he was breaking at least one tackle that I don't see Bush breaking, so Bush would have never gotten out in the open and likely would not have averaged 5.3 yards per carry in that game.

tulexan
12-05-2005, 01:38 PM
But if we could address the line and get Bush in this deep OL laden draft, wouldn't you want him? I know that our defense looks terrible as well, but I do believe that their performance (or lack there of) is due to the coaching philosophy. Now, does that mean that if we bring in a new coach that they will all of the sudden turn into the 85 Bears? Of course not, but I believe on the defensive side we have the talent to put an adequate defensive unit on the field.

MorKnolle
12-05-2005, 01:59 PM
Bush is definitely a nice talent and if we could address the line properly and get him it would be nice, but I still don't know how well Bush fits into our current offense and if it's worth a #1 draft pick and the ensuing money to get him. I almost agree with Casserly's statement on the radio last week that Bush is good but what are you willing to spend for a part-time player?