PDA

View Full Version : don't think it's carr's fault

bayshorebevo
11-20-2005, 11:44 PM
besides the obvious non-existence of an o-line, they hardly ever call a play going deep. if you don't stretch the defense, their guys don't have much territory to cover. i understand the reason(s) for using primarily short routes, but if you don't play a little street ball, everybody knows what's coming.

WWJD
11-21-2005, 12:07 AM
The Texans offense is very vanilla. I watched the Colts game today and they throw deep as often as short passes. The TE is a valuable receiver in their offense. Of course the Texans don't have the caliber of talent the Colts do.

Napa Auto Parts
11-21-2005, 01:59 AM
It never is my freind:texflag:

Tedc
11-21-2005, 07:04 AM
The Texans offense is very vanilla. I watched the Colts game today and they throw deep as often as short passes. The TE is a valuable receiver in their offense. Of course the Texans don't have the caliber of talent the Colts do.

Could you imagine the success they would have if they just put Mathis in on a side screen pass? Andre Johnson is used mostly for this play but Mathis would have 2-3 yards to "duke" the guy out of his shoes and be off to the races. He could also be used in the reverse that we have been using. Just having him running routes in the offense will give the defense fits.

I know that Mathis is just back from injury but if he is healthy, we need to get him the ball.

touttail
11-21-2005, 07:20 AM
I totally disagree!!!!! I am eating crow on Carr, defended him before!

Carr had time to throw the ball. He locks in on his primary reciever and never looks away to the secondary if the primary is cover. I watched this several times, his head never moved from the primary. He tries to throw the ball to the primary and it bounced on the ground at least 4 times. If he doesn't throw he runs, and throws it out of bounds or dumps it off. He never looked for a secondary reciever. He is not a NFL caliber QB. McNair is a fool to give him the 8 million to keep him.

bobby 119C:brickwall

SESupergenius
11-21-2005, 09:25 AM

Carr had time to throw the ball. He locks in on his primary reciever and never looks away to the secondary if the primary is cover. I watched this several times, his head never moved from the primary. He tries to throw the ball to the primary and it bounced on the ground at least 4 times. If he doesn't throw he runs, and throws it out of bounds or dumps it off. He never looked for a secondary reciever. He is not a NFL caliber QB. McNair is a fool to give him the 8 million to keep him.

Carr looks bad because our offense is designed to be short 1 read passes. Did you see the effort by Bradford on that interception? Good God that was weak, he did nothing to try and get after the ball. Almost all starting WR's go after the ball, our guys do nothing if it's not nailed right in their chest. You think Hines Ward would have all those yards and receptions if it wasn't thrown right in his chest? Please. These WR's need to be held accountable just like everyone else, and they are not getting it done. Carr did have his inaccuracies this game however, especially on 3rd down plays. He is without any playmakers right now. He threw another pass to the TE that can't catch.

Reddevil63
11-21-2005, 09:48 AM

Because that is the offense he is forced to run, if his first option isnt open, he has to look for the dump off or run. Your blind if you cant see that.

spairme
11-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Because that is the offense he is forced to run, if his first option isnt open, he has to look for the dump off or run. Your blind if you cant see that.

Then will someone please point him DOWN the field? Good grief, it's a no-brainer. If you have no pass protection and no receiver worth throwing to, then tuck the dang ball under your arm and run DOWN the field. If you are going to be tackled/sacked/jumped on, at least gain a yard or two doing it!

Sheesh. :confused: This isn't rocket science.

:redtowel:

TexansSeminole
11-21-2006, 08:56 PM
Ya'll need to stop trying to figure out who's fault it is. As if it is one person's fault. There are many reasons why we have been losing and why we continue to do so. It is absolutely rediculous to even try to say it is one person's fault in ANY game. The game is never solely decided on one play or one man...It can come down to that...but the game is 60 minutes. I really dont understand the confusions here.

ib4texans
11-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Ya'll need to stop trying to figure out who's fault it is. As if it is one person's fault. There are many reasons why we have been losing and why we continue to do so. It is absolutely rediculous to even try to say it is one person's fault in ANY game. The game is never solely decided on one play or one man...It can come down to that...but the game is 60 minutes. I really dont understand the confusions here.

This one makes sense rep comin at ya!

Ole Miss Texan
11-21-2006, 09:08 PM
I have heard that Kubiak is teaching Carr to not miss the receiver high. In other words hit the receiver or throw low, if you miss make it at his feet instead of over the WR head. This should limit some interceptions. I have noticed several passes of Carrs that are indeed low, I can't help assume that he is doing what he is supposed to (in this regard).

Is there any merit to this?

JDizzle
11-21-2006, 10:28 PM
You're about 3 years late with this stuff. We have heard it all back here on planet Earth .... I suggest you join us.

TexansLucky13
11-22-2006, 02:06 AM
You're about 3 years late with this stuff. We have heard it all back here on planet Earth .... I suggest you join us.

Hahaha! I am thinking the same thing....

phan1
11-22-2006, 05:50 AM
I wish I had a link (don't want to find it, somewhere at nfl.com), but I remember reading about how everyone complains about the same damn thing with their QBs!!! Think about it: when have we faced a QB who consistently passed over the middle and hardly dumped it off to their TEs and RBs? I don't recall a single QB that did that besides Manning, who completed about every pass on every spot of the damn field.

Right now, I'm through with evaluating Carr as our long-term solution at QB. I'm going to trust in Kubiak for that one.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
11-22-2006, 05:56 AM
Do you guys realize how old this thread is?

I was about to respond to it, and then I noticed...

Carr doesn't lock on to one receiver any more. I paid close attention to him this past Sunday. My nosebleed endzone seats gave me the perfect vantage point to watch his helmet rotate from one side of the field to the other.

Again, this thread is seriously old.