PDA

View Full Version : Eric Winston on TV

Reddevil63
11-19-2005, 08:11 PM
ESPN Miami vs Ga Tech

Only got to see 3 plays on the opening drive, but they threw it twice and he looked alot more agile than he did against Fl. State. This guy just looks more like a NFL tackle at 6'7 310.

nunusguy
11-19-2005, 08:23 PM
And the GT coach is the same guy who suposedly gave Casserly that gem of a tip that a certain DB turned RB was a "can't miss" talent. Casserly subsequently bit and burned a 2 nd round pick on Tony Hollings.

swtbound07
11-19-2005, 08:37 PM
not well versed in protection, but i saw wright get the crap knocked out of him earlier

Reddevil63
11-19-2005, 08:50 PM
All of the pressure is coming right up the middle, Miami's guards are leaving alot to be desired and their fullback has whiffed on more than a few blocks. Im only watching Winston for the most part and he has kept his man out of every play. I was looking forward to seeing some of Threat, the SS, but he isnt in the lineup for whatever reason.

mexican_texan
11-20-2005, 12:17 PM
From what I saw, he was inconsistent. He would block the DE with ease some plays and he was made to look like Victor Riley on some plays.

Reddevil63
11-20-2005, 12:22 PM
From what I saw, he was inconsistent. He would block the DE with ease some plays and he was made to look like Victor Riley on some plays.
:hmmm: Difference of opinion I guess, I never saw anybody make him look bad, let alone that bad. The rest of his line is a joke, so that may be why he looked bad, but he was picking up blitzers, corners, everybody who came near him.

cadahnic
11-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Eric Winston is a beast. He did not give up a sack yesterday and he anchors a line that is one of the worse in Miami History. Ferguson on the other hand gave up 2 sacks (that I saw) against Va. Tech. Mind you I did not watch the whole game so maybe Ferguson started to look better late, but he got bull rushed 4 times that I can think of and two resulted in a sack. He is a good lineman and you can see that, but he is too light right now to hold up against NFL competition. Winston is our pick if we go lineman in the top 10. 524 allpurpose for Bush though. Who do we pick?

Texans Horror
11-21-2005, 11:02 AM
IMO, after four years of line problems, you gotta go with the best lineman.