PDA

View Full Version : Kool-aid?

bigtex77
11-19-2005, 12:29 PM
Has anyone heard the Bears fans on some of the national radio shows, man some of those people really think their team is going somewhere. Personally, I think they'll come back down to earth against their upcoming schedule. I guess I can't blame them, I was drinking the Texan kool-aid until watching our team made me laugh so hard it came out my nose.

tulexan
11-19-2005, 01:13 PM
Considering how weak their division is, they actually could go to the playoffs.

awtysst
11-19-2005, 01:41 PM
Considering how weak their division is, they actually could go to the playoffs.

They will. They have beaten all of their division opponents. They have swept the Lions already.

mexican_texan
11-19-2005, 07:07 PM
What's the knock on the Bears? They have a dominant Defense and a fairly good O-line. Wait a second....that sounds familiar. Oh! that's what I wish the Texans had! Despite playing with a rookie QB, the Bears have been playing well.

mexican_texan
11-20-2005, 06:15 PM
locked thread, maybe?

bigtex77
11-21-2005, 01:01 AM
Damn, this crow tastes nasty!, Sorry Bears.

WWJD
11-21-2005, 01:08 AM
Props to you BigTex. Not too many people admit when they're wrong...myself included.

bigtex77
11-21-2005, 02:01 AM
Hey, I gotta give to them, they looked strong against the Panthers, and I can admit when I am wrong. I don't know how the season will turn out, but the looked good today, playoff caliber for sure.

WWJD
11-21-2005, 09:01 AM
They win by playing strong defense. I think they have a rookie QB too.

MorKnolle
11-21-2005, 11:11 AM
The Bears look real good right now and could easily make a run through the playoffs, but either way I doubt any NFC team will win the Super Bowl. All the NFC teams are good at either offense or defense, but not both. Chicago and Tampa Bay have great defenses but not much of an offense, the Giants and Seahawks have good offenses and not much of a defense. Carolina and Dallas both have relatively balanced teams, their defenses being better than their offenses, but both teams have shown an inability to close out games and have looked suspect at times and I don't think either of them are ready to win a Super Bowl. The Broncos and Colts are clearly the best teams in the NFL right now and should have a memorable showdown in the playoffs this year, although I don't see it being a blowout like the last two years.