1st Round: D'Brickahsaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
2nd Round: Mark Setterstrom, OG, Minnesota
3rd Round: Tim Day, TE, Oregon
3rd Round: Cedric Griffin, DB, UT
4th Round: Pierre Woods, OLB, Michigan
5th Round: Gerald Anderson, DT, Georgia
6th Round: Jeff Webb, WR, San Diego St
7th Round: Quincy Butler, CB, TCU

Feel free to post your own as well or to critique mine.

Bullpen Drew
11-16-2005, 03:57 PM
Ferguson is getting a lot of publicity. I think we should pick him and sign some GOOD veteran linemen....

Coach C.
11-16-2005, 04:01 PM
IF I DRAFTED FOR HOUSTON AS OF TODAY

1st Round:Eric Winston, OT, Miami FL
2nd Round: Laron Landry, S, LSU
3rd Round: Rocky McIntosh, LB, Miami FL
3rd Round: Aldo Garza, OL, TAMU
4th Round: Greg Threat, S, Miami FL
5th Round: Leon Williams, LB, Miami FL
6th Round: David Castillo, C, Florida St
7th Round: Anthony Mix, WR/TE, Auburn

rmartin65
11-16-2005, 04:04 PM
1.DBrick, Virginia (LT)
2.Bobby Carpenter, OSU (OLB)
3.Dumerville, Louisville (DE)
3.Slay, Texas Tech (Safety)
4.Stephen Bowen, Hofstra (DE)
5.Tatsui Lutui, USC (RT)
6.Stevie Chaney, Murray State (RB)
7.Erik Gill, Pitt (TE)

Just my opinion of course.

swtbound07
11-16-2005, 04:33 PM
my complaint about winston is that he was part of a line that gave up a school record in sacks to fsu....he was gettin beat like he stole something!

Coach C.
11-16-2005, 04:50 PM
Winston gave up a total of 2 sacks that game man so please. He has given up a total of 7 the whole year which is 2 less than Ferguson on the year.

nunusguy
11-16-2005, 07:03 PM
my complaint about winston is that he was part of a line that gave up a school record in sacks to fsu....he was gettin beat like he stole something!
He looked terrible in that game - definitely did not even resemble first round
material. He's been coming off season-ending injury from last year, so maybe
he's doing better as the year progresses ?

swtbound07
11-16-2005, 07:20 PM
Winston gave up a total of 2 sacks that game man so please. He has given up a total of 7 the whole year which is 2 less than Ferguson on the year.

im not a d-brick hype man.......my point is, individually giving up 2 sacks in a game, and letting the qb get pressured several other times, isnt something i want to use our number 1 overall first round draft pick on...i havent watched the U play since that game, but i'll pass.......besides.....when two people are basically equal, go with the guy with the cooler name....d-brick it is

WildBlackBear32
11-16-2005, 07:20 PM
He looked terrible in that game - definitely did not even resemble first round
material. He's been coming off season-ending injury from last year, so maybe
he's doing better as the year progresses ?

He's certainly been getting better since then, but he still doesnt have 100% of the athleticism back. I don't know what to think on this current crop of Ts. Everyone says its stacked, but a lot of players are either injured, coming off injuries or getting burnt like PBuc.

D-ReK
11-16-2005, 07:55 PM
1st Round
Trade down from 1st overall to 5th overall, in turn gaining the 37th overall pick, the 101st overall pick, and a 1st round pick in 2007...
With the 5th overall pick, we select Mario Williams, DE, North Carolina State...

2nd Round
With a few picks to play around with, we use the 33rd overall on Abdul Hodge, LB, Iowa, then use the 37th overall on Daryn Colledge, OT, Boise State...

3rd Round
We use the 64th overall pick on Martin Nance, WR, Miami (Ohio), then use the 68th pick (from the Saints) on Joel Klopfenstein, TE, Colorado...

4th Round
We use the 97th overall pick on Jason Allen, CB/FS, Tennessee, then select Mark Setterstrom, G, Minnesota with the 101st overall pick...

5th Round and on
BPA will make me happy...I addressed most of our needs with our first 4 rounds, so whoever makes the best depth would be the wise choice...

BuffSoldier
11-16-2005, 08:24 PM
D'Brickashaw Ferguson LT - dont care what nobody says, may not be a big guy, but is the most athletic LT that Ive heard about since Ive been following the draft, about 4 years now. May not be the run blocker you watn right away but you cant teach athleticism, run blocking can be tought, strength can be gained
Leonard Pope TE- hopefully he decides to come out this year. If he does, he is no the best receiver and not the best blocker, but he is the best all-around TE, he is what we have been looking for ever since we passed on Jason Witten for Ben Joppru.
Cedric Griffin CB- six foot three, may be thwe physical nickel corner that we need.
Will Mongomery OG- provides depth at OG and will eventually replace somebody
Best LB available
BPA
BPA
BPA

real
11-16-2005, 09:23 PM
1. reggie bush
2. max-gean giles
3. best OL available
4. Best Safety
5. Best TE
6. Best LB
7. Best CB

WildBlackBear32
11-16-2005, 10:31 PM
1st Round
Trade down from 1st overall to 5th overall, in turn gaining the 37th overall pick, the 101st overall pick, and a 1st round pick in 2007...
With the 5th overall pick, we select Mario Williams, DE, North Carolina State...

Right position, wrong player...

mexican_texan
11-16-2005, 10:58 PM
Is Brad Smith a senior? If he doesn't work out as a QB, we could also make him the next Randle El. BTW, Smith just passed Antwaan Randle El for most rushing yards for a QB. Why does no one have the Texans drafting a QB? Maybe the guy from UAB or at least a 6th or 7th rounder.

tulexan
11-16-2005, 11:31 PM
Is Brad Smith a senior? If he doesn't work out as a QB, we could also make him the next Randle El. BTW, Smith just passed Antwaan Randle El for most rushing yards for a QB. Why does no one have the Texans drafting a QB? Maybe the guy from UAB or at least a 6th or 7th rounder.

The same reason that we shouldn't be drafting a RB. We already have enough. Here's an idea, let's fill the holes we have before adding depth.

Johnny Utah
11-17-2005, 10:39 AM

I assume you are referring to the whole Virginia line because there is no way that D'Brick has been beaten 9 times this year for sacks. Seth Wand can do better than that in the pros.

WildBlackBear32
11-17-2005, 11:22 AM
I assume you are referring to the whole Virginia line because there is no way that D'Brick has been beaten 9 times this year for sacks. Seth Wand can do better than that in the pros.

Hagans has been sacked 23 times this season.

rmartin65
11-17-2005, 03:17 PM
Hagans scrambles alot and its hard to keep those guys safe.

real
11-17-2005, 03:34 PM
1- Reggie Bush
2- Jonathan Scott or Max Gean-Giles
3- leonard pope or dominique byrd
4- michael huff
5-Will Allen-RT Texas or Taitusi Lutui-OG USC(whoever is availiable)
6-Best Pass rusher Availiable
7- BPA

ledzeppelin229
11-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Right position, wrong player...

Assume you're talking about Kiwanuka? I've watched him a couple times too, he got really good pressure but (last season anyway) he REALLY needed to work on his tackling technique..may have just been a bad game, I don't know. I wouldn't mind picking him up after a trade down, but that would pretty much guarantee we'd be switching to a 4-3 next season.

WildBlackBear32
11-17-2005, 04:46 PM
Assume you're talking about Kiwanuka? I've watched him a couple times too, he got really good pressure but (last season anyway) he REALLY needed to work on his tackling technique..may have just been a bad game, I don't know. I wouldn't mind picking him up after a trade down, but that would pretty much guarantee we'd be switching to a 4-3 next season.

He had something like 5 Sacks and 6 TFLs in his last game against NC St. It was his first real game back from injury and it showed.

ledzeppelin229
11-17-2005, 05:15 PM
He had something like 5 Sacks and 6 TFLs in his last game against NC St. It was his first real game back from injury and it showed.

Damn, I haven't seen any of his games this season but I was really following him last year in case he entered early. It sucks not being able to just draft everyone.

rittenhouserobz
11-18-2005, 06:59 AM
I think the first pick is simple. We need the best pass-blocking LT in the draft. We already have run-blocking OL. Maybe later in the draft we get a pass-blocking LG (Pitts could be LG) or RT with the second pick. This way the left-side and C are all relatively new and can grow together. Todd Wade and Wiegart should be gone. They are paid too much for such terrible performance. The third pick should be abother DL, because Payne and Walker are about done, and we need a player that can work alongside TJ. The next thing I pick is OLB type. The next would be a safety.

I don't think we would find a TE worthwhile later in the draft and we will probably use the higher picks in different areas. TE gets addressed in 2007. Well there is a lot of work to do for the Texans FO, and FA can change this really quickly.

humbleone
11-18-2005, 10:50 AM
With the first pick in the draft...the Texans trade with the NY Jets for their 1st (5-7th pick) and their 2nd (the 37th pick) then:

(1) The Texans select D'Brickashaw or Jonathan Scott based on rest of year performance, combine workouts etc... as a tie breaker. The Texans finally have their LT for the next 10 years!!!

(2a) BPA at OL or OLB. With the depth of the draft in these positions, someone with first round value will be available at the top of the 2nd like...
Marcus McNeill (Massive Auburn OL that could play RT and give us premier bookends) at OLB...Greenway or Carpenter (love to have Hawk but that can't happen with this spot but either of these are a major upgrade for the Texans LB corp)

(2b) CB Will Blackburn. At 6'1" with speed, the Texans have what they wanted when they went for PBuc.

(3a) With the 65th pick, the Texans should take the best available safety. Pat Watkins (6'4" 4.5 speed headhunter from FSU) would be a huge upgrade over the soft middle the Texans have had with Matt Stevens and now Coleman.

(3b) With the 70th pick, the Texans take center Nick Mangold. With DBrick/Scott at LT, Pitts at LG, Mangold at Center, McNeill at RT and Wade/Riley/Wiegert at RG, the Texans go from the worst line in the business to one of the best.

4-7th BPA

humbleone
11-18-2005, 10:56 AM
With the first pick in the draft...the Texans trade with the NY Jets for their 1st (5-7th pick) and their 2nd (the 37th pick) then:

(1) The Texans select D'Brickashaw or Jonathan Scott based on rest of year performance, combine workouts etc... as a tie breaker. The Texans finally have their LT for the next 10 years!!!

(2a) BPA at OL or OLB. With the depth of the draft in these positions, someone with first round value will be available at the top of the 2nd like...
Marcus McNeill (Massive Auburn OL that could play RT and give us premier bookends) at OLB...Greenway or Carpenter (love to have Hawk but that can't happen with this spot but either of these are a major upgrade for the Texans LB corp)

(2b) CB Will Blackburn. At 6'1" with speed, the Texans have what they wanted when they went for PBuc.

(3a) With the 65th pick, the Texans should take the best available safety. Pat Watkins (6'4" 4.5 speed headhunter from FSU) would be a huge upgrade over the soft middle the Texans have had with Matt Stevens and now Coleman.

(3b) With the 70th pick, the Texans take center Nick Mangold. With DBrick/Scott at LT, Pitts at LG, Mangold at Center, McNeill at RT and Wade/Riley/Wiegert at RG, the Texans go from the worst line in the business to one of the best.

4-7th BPA
I also meant to add Erik Gill TE Pitts to the round 3 wish list to finally give us our beat the cover 2 man.

TexasJedi
11-18-2005, 10:57 AM
I don't think we would find a TE worthwhile later in the draft and we will probably use the higher picks in different areas. TE gets addressed in 2007. Well there is a lot of work to do for the Texans FO, and FA can change this really quickly.

I think that would be a big mistake. IMO we need a good blocking/pass catching TE as much as, if not more, than tackle. We need to address the overall problem of pass protection and having a dual threat TE who can block and serve as an outlet for Carr, presumably, is a must. That and a back that can pick up a blitz. I think the defense, as far as the first couple of rounds, is what gets put off till '07, as much as it pains me to say it. However if we end up at #1 then a trade down can net us extra picks to hopefully fill more than one need, like linebacker.

Roughneck
11-18-2005, 09:28 PM
1. hopefully trade down and get two number ones.
a.j. Hawk
best left tackle

2. best tight end availiable tim day or the guy from ut

3. ss, huff

4-6. best defensive players availiable
:brickwall

HeartofHouston
11-19-2005, 12:07 PM
1st Round - HB Reggie Bush (USC)
(The Most Electric Person since Barry Sanders)

2nd Round - OT Marcus McNeil (AUB)
(Big, Strong, Quick and Smart)

3rd Round - OLB Roger McIntosh (UMiami)
(Another Miami Lineback.. See: Johnathan Vilma, D.J. Williams and Ray Lewis)

3rd Round - S Greg Threat (UMiami)
(Good Safety, Should Replace Somebody in our secondary)

4th Round - DE Mark Anderson (Bama)
(This guys is a sleeper, he is one of the reasons why Bama almost went undefeated)

5th Round - OG Jason Spitz (Louisville)
(Huge and Strong, can help keep those DTs off Carr)

6th Round - TE Charles Davis (Purdue)
(Former Basketball Player: See Antonio Gates)

7th Round - OG Cody Douglas (UTenn)
(Huge and Strong, help keep those DTs off Carr)

threetoedpete
11-19-2005, 10:38 PM
I'm in this guys camp(KiwaNUKA) also. Some 4-3 team will take him late in round one. Seen several good players names posted on this thread. Anything with RB on it is DOA in my book. Then we'll have three skill players behind this line, sucking up how much Cap space ? Mind Boggeling. My projection is RB will be Holling's squared, a lot of hype with very little production. JMHO.

[QUOTE1. hopefully trade down and get two number ones.
a.j. Hawk best left tackle.[/QUOTE] I Like this a lot. Fix the Babin problem, then fix the O-line problem. road grader/nasty gaurd somewhere in the top picks.

astrofan
11-21-2005, 01:34 AM
Trade down twice with number one overall, first to 5-7 range then again to 12-14, picking up at least a second, third and fourth this year plus whatever we can get next year

1 OT Eric Winston Miami
2 OT Daryn Colledge Boise State
2 OLB Bobby Carpenter Ohio State
3 FB Brian Leonard Rutgers
3 OLB Garrett McIntyre Fresno State
4 WR Mike Hass Oregon State
4 RB Taurean Henderson Texas Tech
5 FS Dwayne Slay Texas Tech
6 TE Bristol Olumua Texas Tech
7 OT EJ Whitley Texas Tech

bigcarlos
11-22-2005, 12:04 PM
What about a QB?

YoungTexanFan
11-22-2005, 12:09 PM
Trade down twice with number one overall, first to 5-7 range then again to 12-14, picking up at least a second, third and fourth this year plus whatever we can get next year

1 OT Eric Winston Miami
2 OT Daryn Colledge Boise State
2 OLB Bobby Carpenter Ohio State
3 FB Brian Leonard Rutgers
3 OLB Garrett McIntyre Fresno State
4 WR Mike Hass Oregon State
4 RB Taurean Henderson Texas Tech
5 FS Dwayne Slay Texas Tech
6 TE Bristol Olumua Texas Tech
7 OT EJ Whitley Texas Tech

somebody likes texas tech...

astrofan
11-23-2005, 05:37 PM
somebody likes texas tech...

4 David Anderson WR Colorado State
5 John Syptak OLB Rice
6 Taitusi Lutui G Southern California
7 Pat Ross C Boston College

D-ReK
11-23-2005, 05:41 PM
What about a QB?

How about Vince Young :idea: :woot2 ...

D-ReK
11-23-2005, 05:51 PM
1st Round

2nd Round
With a few picks to play around with, we use the 33rd overall on Abdul Hodge, LB, Iowa, then use the 37th overall on Daryn Colledge, OT, Boise State...

3rd Round
We use the 64th overall pick on Martin Nance, WR, Miami (Ohio), then use the 68th pick (from the Saints) on Joel Klopfenstein, TE, Colorado...

4th Round
We use the 97th overall pick on Jason Allen, CB/FS, Tennessee, then select Mark Setterstrom, G, Minnesota with the 101st overall pick...

5th Round and on
BPA will make me happy...I addressed most of our needs with our first 4 rounds, so whoever makes the best depth would be the wise choice...

I still stand by most of my picks, but somewhere in here, I need to fit in Brandon "Demarcus Ware 2.0" Guillory (http://ulmathletics.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/guillory_brandon00.html)...I mean come on, 6-4, 250, and a sub 4.45 40...

YoungTexanFan
11-23-2005, 05:58 PM
4 David Anderson WR Colorado State
5 John Syptak OLB Rice
6 Taitusi Lutui G Southern California
7 Pat Ross C Boston College

my steal of the draft for us.
:texflag:

real
11-23-2005, 08:02 PM
1-Reggie Bush (Player)
2- michael huff( S)
3- Ernie Sims (LB)
3-D'Qwell Jackson (LB)
4- Charles Spencer (OT)
5-Will Allen-(RT) Texas or Taitusi Lutui-(OG) USC
6-David Thomas (TE)
7- BPA

YoungTexanFan
11-23-2005, 08:28 PM
1-Reggie Bush (Player)
2- michael huff( S)
3- Ernie Sims (LB)
3-D'Qwell Jackson (LB)
4- Charles Spencer (OT)
5-Will Allen-(RT) Texas or Taitusi Lutui-(OG) USC
6-David Thomas (TE)
7- BPA

ladies and gentlemen, i would like to introduce Charley Casserly to you. You can see his stragagy from past drafts is again present. A career back-up, fourth round OL pick.
It was good seeing you, and sir, hopefully i'll have your job someday...

Texizgreat
11-23-2005, 09:51 PM
1a. Reggie Bush .... Trade DD for another #1
1b. LT best still there

2. RT

3. WR legit #2
3. TE

4. C

5. BPA
6. BPA
7. BPA

I know Flame away... not really good at these things :tomato:

YoungTexanFan
11-23-2005, 11:03 PM
1a. Reggie Bush .... Trade DD for another #1
1b. LT best still there

2. RT

3. WR legit #2
3. TE

4. C

5. BPA
6. BPA
7. BPA

I know Flame away... not really good at these things :tomato:

no joke...DD will not net you a 1st round pick. James and Alexander were offered for a mere second round pick.

Texizgreat
11-23-2005, 11:29 PM
From what I remember the reason Alexander and James were getting 2nds was only cause of age. DD is still young... But I see your point for a 2nd rounder for him should still get good LT and RT out of the 2nd round.

Goldeagle
11-24-2005, 09:54 AM
IF I DRAFTED FOR HOUSTON AS OF TODAY

1st Round: D'Brickahsaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
2nd Round: Mark Setterstrom, OG, Minnesota
3rd Round: Tim Day, TE, Oregon
3rd Round: Cedric Griffin, DB, UT
4th Round: Pierre Woods, OLB, Michigan
5th Round: Gerald Anderson, DT, Georgia
6th Round: Jeff Webb, WR, San Diego St
7th Round: Quincy Butler, CB, TCU

Feel free to post your own as well or to critique mine.

That seems okay. I dont know many of those players, but I want a OT and a OG.

Also, a ILB, OLB, and a Safety

I say draft Slay out of Texas Tech, no more of this missing tackles in the secondary and he seems to be able to cover well.

Hottoddie
11-25-2005, 09:34 PM
Well, I guess I'll have to chime in here & post my useless opinions of whom the Texans will draft.

Assuming no trade downs

1st) D'Brick (OT)
2nd) Davin Joseph (G/OT) or Mike Degory (C/G)
3rd) Joe Klopfenstein (TE)
3rd) Steve Fifita (NT)
4th) Hank Basket (WR)
5th) Aaron Harris (ILB)- I'll move Wong back outside.
6th) Pat Watkins (FS) or Greg Threat (S)
7th) Lequalan McDonald (G) or Chijioke Onyengecha (CB)

Assuming a trade down to 5-7- My personal favorite.

1st) Eric Winston (OT)
2nd) Bobby Carpenter (OLB), A.J. Nicholson (OLB), or Spencer Havner (OLB)- In that order.
2nd) Davin Joseph (G/OT), Mike Degory (C/G), or Mark Setterstrom (G)- In that order.
3rd) Steve Fifita (NT)
4th) Hank Basket (WR)
5th) Aaron Harris (ILB)

Assuming a trade down with Denver

1st) Jonathan Scott (OT)
1st) Bobby Carpenter (OLB) or A.J. Nicholson (OLB)
2nd) Davin Joseph (G/OT) or Mike Degory (C/G)
3rd) Steve Fifita (NT)
4th) Hank Basket (WR)
5th) Aaron Harris (ILB)