PDA

View Full Version : My New Mock

F-minus67
11-16-2005, 12:04 PM
After seeing Pitt playing pretty good at LT, I figured that a LT in the first isn't needed as badly as before. There are trades in this one.

1) LB A.J. Hawk, Ohio St (texans finally get a playmaking LB)
2) OT Daryn Colledge, Boise St (a LT for the future to play LG as a rookie)
2) WR Hank Baskett, New Mexico (a big target to help out David)
3) TE Joel Klopfenstien, Colorado (A TE who can block and catch)
3) CB Cedric Griffin, Texas (anything is an up grade over Faggins/Buchanan)
4) OG Matt Lentz, Michigan (eventual replacement for Wiegert)
5) DE Manase Hopoi, Washington (depth at DE/DT)
5) FS Jarrad Page, UCLA (a big safety to replace coleman)
6) OT Taitusi Lutui, USC (a huge tackle(6'6" 370lbs) to play RT)
7) LB Leon Williams, Miami (never hurts have a few guys from the U)

The texans trade 1st overall to ravens for 6th overall as well as their 2nd and 5th.

SESupergenius
11-16-2005, 12:19 PM
Baskett can catch, but he's not a great route runner. He huge, but I am not sure how fast he is.

Coach C.
11-16-2005, 12:21 PM
I am wondering why we would pick a WR in the second with so many wholes in the defense and O-line. Also why get AJ Hawk when we can can get a great OL and a good LB in Rocky McIntosh. McIntosh will likely be the Odell Thurman of this years draft.

College Texan
11-16-2005, 12:30 PM
Great Mock. I have been preachin that we need a LB to biuld our D around. I like Hawk and I think his teammate Carpenter will fall somewhere in the second, so I kind of disagree with the WR in the second. I think we should take Carpenter with your other second.

beerlover
11-16-2005, 12:33 PM
with the Texans first two picks the opportunity is there to once and for all solve the offensive line problems lets not ignore this another year, please :dangit:

then with the two 3rd picks address the defensive side of the ball, specificly our run defense & ability to pass rush.

in the fourth/fifth rounds address needs on the offense, possibly a QB, & TE :confused:

LB Love
11-16-2005, 01:03 PM

Klopf is a beast. He runs ~4.5, benches over 400, and has WR's hands. Great pick.

YoungTexanFan
11-16-2005, 02:58 PM

Klopf is a beast. He runs ~4.5, benches over 400, and has WR's hands. Great pick.

I havent heard too much about this guy, do you have a scouting report on him?

You have peaked my interest...

F-minus67
11-16-2005, 11:34 PM
Do you honsetly think that two rookies will fix the o line? The raiders tried that two years ago. Look at who they chose now, Gallery is an RT and Grove lost his starting spot at center. If anything will fix the o line in one year it is a great o line coach, like Alex Gibbs or the guy who fixed the chargers line.

beerlover
11-17-2005, 12:26 AM
Do you honsetly think that two rookies will fix the o line? The raiders tried that two years ago. Look at who they chose now, Gallery is an RT and Grove lost his starting spot at center. If anything will fix the o line in one year it is a great o line coach, like Alex Gibbs or the guy who fixed the chargers line.

its time to give it a try, just because the Raiders fail does that mean everyone else should fail as well? the Patriots have had success with two rookies @ LG Mankins and LT Kaczur this year, if not for them they might even resemble the Texans :rofl:

edo783
11-17-2005, 11:40 AM
I don't see it as some sort of zero sum situation. We need both new/better players AND better line coaching. We have some guys that are "OK" to keep, but 2-3 are not fit to be starters IMO. We need to get the talent in to the house and coach it correctly. Once that is done, we will see a MARKED improvement in the offense IMO.

College Texan
11-17-2005, 01:40 PM
I see two rookies hurting us if they start both on the same side, but a LT and a RG should put balance on the line. hope for Brick and Joseph.

real
11-17-2005, 03:05 PM
I think it's more of a coaching problem than a player problem... Our O-line Talent wise isn't really that horrible...Technique wise and discipline wise(False Starts) is really a coaching Dilema...I dont really count holding against them because we dont have that many called, and everyone holds from time to time...But what I am saying is that drafting new OL to fix our problems may not be the answer, maybe they need to re-evaluate the coaching and take it from there........

texman8
11-19-2005, 05:29 AM
Mmmm..."Our O-line Talent wise isn't really that horrible"........It's just not any good.
Pitts - best OL we have
Mckinney - better at G , getting older and close to end of contract
D, Hog - good future at C
Weigert - good but always injured
Wade - dissapointing
We definitely need a talent upgrade.........draft 2 OL..one to start and one for depth...Milford Brown our only good backup.....Wand is shot for now..confidence
After this season, a new coaching staff will take over.

threetoedpete
11-19-2005, 09:09 PM
Great Mock. I have been preachin that we need a LB to biuld our D around. I like Hawk and I think his teammate Carpenter will fall somewhere in the second, so I kind of disagree with the WR in the second. I think we should take Carpenter with your other second.
I like Carpenter also, but I think a second is a bit high.

threetoedpete
11-19-2005, 09:20 PM
Not with this tallent. It's time we waded in and fixed the darn thing once and for all. We saw a little promise in the last couple of games. But, I don't think Pitts has improved enough to overcome his speed rusher issues, the depth be hind the inside guys is supect. I don't know how you figgure stading pat on the o-line when we're fixing to shatter our previous standard of pass protection ineptness this season ? Interesting. At the very least they need a day one prospect to back up Pitts. I'm ever hopefull that they wade in this draft and get two quality o-line prospects on day one.

YoungTexanFan
11-19-2005, 09:35 PM
Not with this tallent. It's time we waded in and fixed the darn thing once and for all. We saw a little promise in the last couple of games. But, I don't think Pitts has improved enough to overcome his speed rusher issues, the depth be hind the inside guys is supect. I don't know how you figgure stading pat on the o-line when we're fixing to shatter our previous standard of pass protection ineptness this season ? Interesting. At the very least they need a day one prospect to back up Pitts. I'm ever hopefull that they wade in this draft and get two quality o-line prospects on day one.

quite saying "wade." it makes me cringe.