PDA

View Full Version : Eli>Peyton?

mexican_texan
11-13-2005, 01:24 AM
I read on PFT.com that many insiders consider Eli to be better than Peyton. How? Eli doesn't play with emotion, which causes Peyton to "choke" against the Patriots. VS the Chargers, Eli played calmly against a very unstable environment and cooly led the Giants to a close game in the second quarter; they still lost, but is the effort that counts. Peyton could never come back like that. So, Robot or Frankenstein?

Hoosier
11-13-2005, 05:06 AM
I read on PFT.com that many insiders consider Eli to be better than Peyton. How? Eli doesn't play with emotion, which causes Peyton to "choke" against the Patriots. VS the Chargers, Eli played calmly against a very unstable environment and cooly led the Giants to a close game in the second quarter; they still lost, but is the effort that counts. Peyton could never come back like that. So, Robot or Frankenstein?

I'm a colts fan and a Peyton fan first of all. IMO, Eli may have the potential to be better than big brother but at this point that's just not the case. As for comebacks Peyton has engineered some remarkable fourth quarter wins. Of course the comeback over Tampa Bay is the first one that comes to mind. Down by 20 points(or more) with about four minutes to go the colts came back and won. He also cameback against Denver, in Denver in the snow to first tie the game to send it ot and then manufactured the winning drive in the OT.

While Peyton has had several comeback victories the colts often score first and build a lead so he doesn't get as many oppurtunities as lesser QB's

edo783
11-13-2005, 09:39 AM
Until Eli has a body of work similar to Paytons and has done it for as long as ol Payme-a-ton, he will be just another good NFL QB with a lot of promise. Can he be better.....that will be VERY hard to do, but stuff happens, so ya never know. It would be best to have this discussion after he has 6-8 years in the league.

tulexan
11-13-2005, 09:47 AM
I don't know if anyone has manufactured a comeback that Peyton did against the Bucs a few years ago. I'm not sold on Eli. He's only getting all of this publicity for 2 reasons.

1. His last name is Manning
2. He is on the Giants