PDA

View Full Version : Sharper report, for those who care to know

FILO_girl
11-12-2005, 06:21 PM
Those wondering about how Jamie is...:eek:

Seahawks LB Sharper out indefinitely

NFL.com wire reports

KIRKLAND, Wash. (Nov. 9, 2005) -- The Seattle Seahawks' precocious defense got younger when ninth-year linebacker Jamie Sharper was lost from the NFC West leader with a swollen and infected right knee.

That means fourth-year man D.D. Lewis, back after missing a victory Nov. 6 at Arizona with his own sore right knee, moves from the left to Sharper's right side spot for a Nov. 13 division showdown against second-place St. Louis.

Plus, rookie third-round draft choice Leroy Hill will make his second career start at left outside linebacker.

With fellow rookie and second-round draft choice Lofa Tatupu in the middle, Seattle will have three linebackers with a combined five seasons of experience starting against the Rams' second-ranked offense. And St. Louis will be getting back from injuries starting quarterback Marc Bulger and possibly top wide receivers Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt.

Whatever, said Lewis.

"That experience thing, I think that's overrated," Lewis said after practice. "We're coming into the end of the season. Everybody now understands the defense."

Coach Mike Holmgren said it is "big for us" to get Lewis back, but he wasn't sure how many plays Lewis could endure Sunday on his knee.

Lewis said he thinks he can play the entire game.

"I think I can do everything," he said. "It's up to them."

Sharper, who has missed only one of 136 games in his career, came to team headquarters Nov. 8 with his knee ballooning. Doctors drained the knee, but Holmgren said they do not yet know what medications to use to treat the infection.

"Until it quiets down, we won't have him," the coach said of the offseason free-agent acquisition from Houston

Fiddy
11-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Links are always nice... http://nfl.com/teams/story/SEA/9033839

HoustonFan
11-12-2005, 07:02 PM
Awh man. That sucks. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Double Barrel
11-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Wow, bummer. Hope he recovers quick.