PDA

View Full Version : Sports Illustrated's Potential All-Pros for 2005

Marcus
11-11-2005, 05:16 PM
Check out all the offensive lineman that were taken in the 2005 draft.

Dr. Z's Surprise Potential All-Pros (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/11/10/gallery.drz/content.1.html)

F-minus67
11-12-2005, 01:05 AM
Chris Hope is a free agent after this season so maybe the team will pick him up, since Coleman has been horrible this year.

mexican_texan
11-13-2005, 02:26 AM
Is Logan Mankins really in his 20's? He seems like he's a biker in his 40's.

WildBlackBear32
11-13-2005, 02:38 AM
I remember I was making a hard push for Barron in a lot of my posts here and everyone jumped on me about it. Gotcha all :)

texan279
11-13-2005, 02:52 AM
I remember I was making a hard push for Barron in a lot of my posts here and everyone jumped on me about it. Gotcha all :)

Barron is playing RT, should we have drafted Barron and just dumped Todd Wade and taken the cap hit?

Grid
11-13-2005, 02:54 AM
Alex Barron
Chris Canty

coulda had em both.... coulda...had...em...both

Chris Canty could be doing what Travis Johnson is doing for us now.. Alex Barron could have been a HUGE pickup for our floundering Oline.. and Vernand Morency.. we didnt need him.

I was fine with the Morency pick when we made it.. I wasnt gonna complain.. It surprised me a bit cause I didnt really see the need, but I trust(ed) our coaching staff to make good picks. Bottom line though.. I knew LAST YEAR that Wells was a quality #2 RB for us. He has looked good for a while now. Getting another quality RB for depth is fine.. but not when we could have had Alex Barron and Vernand Morency.

Heck.. if we hadnt traded for Pburnt.. we could have still got Morency..used our extra #3 to get Canty.. and our #2 to get a rookie CB to groom.

Ronald Bartell
Darrent Williams
Justin Miller
Travis Daniels
Bryant McFadden
Dominique Foxworth
or how about 7th round pick Reynaldo Hill who has 2 interceptions this year :P

oh the humanity. Cmon new coaching staff.

Grid
11-13-2005, 02:56 AM
Texan279.. is Barron playing better than Wade? (yes)
Do we need to look to the future? (yes)
Are talented Olinemen useful whether you already have one or not? (yes)
Could we use the depth now? (yes)
Would having three talented YOUNG olinemen bode well for our future? (yes)

texan279
11-13-2005, 03:00 AM
Texan279.. is Barron playing better than Wade? (yes)
Do we need to look to the future? (yes)
Are talented Olinemen useful whether you already have one or not? (yes)
Could we use the depth now? (yes)
Would having three talented YOUNG olinemen bode well for our future? (yes)

I was looking for this and just found it, I posted this in another thread, and by the way, I don't know if any of you have seen Barron play, but I have not been impressed, and for someone to call the guy a potential All Pro after playing six games seems a little out there...Anyway, here is what I posted on Barron about a week or two ago...Just watched the replay of the Jags Rams game and thank God we did not draft Alex Barron. He had 5 penalties in ONE quarter, and 3 penalties in a row on the same drive and I saw him get beat by a defender several times.

And as far as looking to the future, our defensive line is going to need just as much help as the offensive line, Walker and Payne aren't getting any younger.

WildBlackBear32
11-13-2005, 03:04 AM
Barron is playing RT, should we have drafted Barron and just dumped Todd Wade and taken the cap hit?

No, we clearly made the correct choice and are now seeing the benefits of our draft choice.