PDA

View Full Version : Rate the qb's!

thetexanator
11-11-2005, 02:35 PM
ok guys, this is a whod you rather have at qb ranking. not trying to rag on carr or anythin but just to get some opinions on the qb's since 01.

choices are: vick, brees, carter.(01) (02) Carr Harrington Ramsey (03)Palmer Leftwich Boller(04) Manning Rivers Rothlesberger Losman

heres mine:
1)Manning
2)Vick
3)Palmer
4)Brees
5)Carr
6)Leftwich
7)Rothlesberger
8)Rivers
9)Carter
10)Harrignton
11)Ramsey
12)boller
13)Losman

Carr still has some potenial.

SESupergenius
11-11-2005, 03:27 PM
I remember someone saying Carr wasn't better than Ramsey. Ramsey is sunk in his organization, Carr is still in high regard. So much for opinions.

AlexVanderpool
11-11-2005, 04:01 PM
I really like Carr and I sincerely hope that he succeeds here since he has been the face of the franchise since its inception... That being said, here is my ranking:

1)Manning
2)Palmer
3)Rothlesberger
4)Brees
5)Vick
6)Leftwich
7)Carr

I havent seen enough of these guys to properly judge, but they probably will rank above carr
8)Rivers
9)Losman

these three suck
10)Harrignton
11)Ramsey
12)boller

Carter?????? If you are referring to quincy carter, he doesnt even deserve to be on the list...

rmartin65
11-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Carr is a good player when he gets the chance.

mean mark8
11-11-2005, 04:37 PM
I'd say Rothlesberger 1st because it's about winning. The guy's something like 15-3 as a starter w/ all of his losses to the Pats. You might say that it's all about the run w/ the Steelers but his backups show there's something more to it.

Second, I'd go with Palmer. He's taken a team that hasn't had a winning record in ~ 15 years, and one the Manning family would've likely refused to play for, and made them winners and believers in themselves. That's a rare quality in a player.

3rd, would be Manning. I didn't like the aforementioned snub of an NFL team that ended up winning their division without him. That being said, he's learned how to be an NFL QB about as quick as his brother.

Double Barrel
11-11-2005, 04:45 PM
1) Rothlesberger - scoreboard
2) Palmer - agree with mean mark8 (above)
3) Manning - QB blood, and will be a force within a year or two
4) Vick - teams gameplan around him, but I still have questions about his pocket presence
5) Brees - stayed solid, even through adversity
6) Carr - still has great potential, hope it's not shell-schocked out of him
7) Leftwich - if switched with Carr from the beginning, Carr would be much higher on an already established team

Porky
11-11-2005, 05:42 PM
1) Palmer
2) Rothlesberger
3) Vick
4) E Manning
5) Brees
6) Leftwich
7) Rivers
8) Losman
9) Carr
10) Ramsey
11) Boller
12) Harrington
13 ) Q Carter

HoustonFan
11-11-2005, 06:12 PM
All those guys are tempting, but then again given the O-line we've had that has never been improved I think we'd all be saying the same things about them like we are about Carr.

Btw, is this based on current performance?

MorKnolle
11-14-2005, 01:15 PM
ok guys, this is a whod you rather have at qb ranking. not trying to rag on carr or anythin but just to get some opinions on the qb's since 01.

choices are: vick, brees, carter.(01) (02) Carr Harrington Ramsey (03)Palmer Leftwich Boller(04) Manning Rivers Rothlesberger Losman

heres mine:
1)Manning
2)Vick
3)Palmer
4)Brees
5)Carr
6)Leftwich
7)Rothlesberger
8)Rivers
9)Carter
10)Harrignton
11)Ramsey
12)boller
13)Losman

Carr still has some potenial.

Based on their current skills (as opposed to how they were when they first came into the NFL):
1. Vick
2. Palmer
3. Manning
4. Roethlisberger
5. Carr
6. Brees
7. Leftwich
8. Rivers
9. Harrington
10. Losman
11. Ramsey
12. Boller
13. Carter (this is Quincy I assume?)

infantrycak
11-14-2005, 01:22 PM
Based on their current skills (as opposed to how they were when they first came into the NFL):
1. Vick
2. Palmer
3. Manning

This is a joke right? By what standard is Vick a better QB than Manning or Palmer? Heck, even the argument of last resort for Vick fans, "but he wins" doesn't fly in comparison these guys (it wouldn't work for Brady or Roeth either).

Reddevil63
11-14-2005, 01:26 PM
Gus Ferotte threw for 350 and 2 td's yesterday also, I guess that makes the all elite QB's all of the sudden?

Its all about oppurtunities.

Fiddy
11-14-2005, 01:35 PM
5. Carr
6. Brees I'd love to hear the explanation for this dandy... :dontknowa

Reddevil63
11-14-2005, 01:47 PM
I said, "more than 2", and I never used the word "elite". I just get amazed at how people will bash Harrington but praise Carr....but if you are arguing that bad QB's can do this...then my point stands since we don't have a guy who has ever done this.
Ok bad choice of words. I meant good and not elite, my bad. However I think that its pretty easy to bash Harrington considering what he has around him, yet he never got it going. That offense has/had the potential to do great things. I dont praise Carr as much as Id just like to see him have a chance on a real team, with a real coaching staff that plays to win, and the talent that Harrington had at his disposal.

texasguy346
11-14-2005, 01:55 PM
Roy Williams has been on the field much less than Andre Johnson, Kevin Johnson isn't proven (So far DD has had a much better career), they have a poor line, and Charles Rogers has started all of 9 games.

You mean Kevin Jones?

Reddevil63
11-14-2005, 01:57 PM
Well Im done arguing about Carr on this board. Until something major happens with his protection or we see what he does on another team its all opinion vs. opinion. I think he WILL be fine, you and others dont, I dont think that makes either of us right or wrong.

AlexVanderpool
11-14-2005, 02:13 PM
I really like Carr and I sincerely hope that he succeeds here since he has been the face of the franchise since its inception... That being said, here is my ranking:

1)Manning
2)Palmer
3)Rothlesberger
4)Brees
5)Vick
6)Leftwich
7)Carr

I havent seen enough of these guys to properly judge, but they probably will rank above carr
8)Rivers
9)Losman

these three suck
10)Harrignton
11)Ramsey
12)boller

Carter?????? If you are referring to quincy carter, he doesnt even deserve to be on the list...

I have to append my list (had the wrong Manning in mind)

1)Palmer
2)Rothlesberger
3)Brees
4)Manning
5)Vick
6)Leftwich
7)Carr

8)Rivers
9)Losman

these three suck
10)Harrignton
11)Ramsey
12)boller

MorKnolle
11-14-2005, 03:26 PM
This is a joke right? By what standard is Vick a better QB than Manning or Palmer? Heck, even the argument of last resort for Vick fans, "but he wins" doesn't fly in comparison these guys (it wouldn't work for Brady or Roeth either).

Carson Palmer is having his first good year and winning record, Vick has been doing it since day 1. Eli has been having a decent season too, but I would still prefer Vick quarterbacking my team for now. Ask me again on Eli and Carson in a year or two and maybe my answer will change.

MorKnolle
11-14-2005, 03:28 PM
I'd love to hear the explanation for this dandy... :dontknowa

I would rather have Carr on my team than Drew Brees. If Carr was in San Diego he'd likely be doing as well as Brees.

Napa Auto Parts
11-14-2005, 09:20 PM
1)P.Manning
2)T.Brady
3)C.Palmer
4)D.Brees
5)Leftwich
6)Rothlesberger
7)M. Hasselbeck
8)M.Vick
9)J.harrinton

i dont even know how these two are still starting in the league
Boller
Carr

J-Storm
11-17-2005, 09:28 AM
1. Palmer
2. Roethlesberger
3. E.Manning
4. Leftwich
5. Vick
6. Brees
7. Boller
8. Carr
9. Harrington
10. Carter
11. Ramsey
12. Losman
13. Rivers

WWJD
11-17-2005, 02:52 PM
I think Brees is better than David Carr.

real
11-17-2005, 02:59 PM
1. Tom Brady...If he was a colt and manning was a patriot....
2. Manning... If he was a falcon and Vick was a colt.....
3. Michael Vick...
4-32. Take your pick nothing else extremely special about the rest