PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl prediction

Bullpen Drew
11-09-2005, 12:26 PM
I am betting on Manning Bowl I

Colts Vs. Giants..

BigBull17
11-09-2005, 01:13 PM
Dont sleep on Denver and Carolina. The Kats showed alot with their absolute whoopin of my Bucs. If it is the Manning bowl I refuse to ever watch another football game again.

MorKnolle
11-09-2005, 01:31 PM
I'm predicting that the Colts will romp the Broncos for the third straight year, whether it be in the second round or AFC championship game depending on the seedings or beating Pittsburgh if they are the unfortunate team that steps in the way. If Denver and Pitt meet first I take Denver.

I'm going to say Atlanta or Carolina out of the NFC, I don't think the Giants are quite good or experienced enough yet to beat either of them. Either way I pick the Colts to win the Super Bowl over either of these NFC teams, but I'll give an updated prediction later in the year when the seedings are more apparent.

Double Barrel
11-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Colts vs. Falcons

I think it could be Mannings/Colts year. The Patriots are suffering, and the Steelers probably won't get homefield advantage with the games they've already lost. If Indy has homefield, they'll be able to play their game, and as good as they've become on defense, I think they'll pull it out.

The NFC is a little more wide open. I could easily pick the Panthers instead of the Falcons. But I think Vick will be the deciding factor, carrying the team on his back. Of course the NFL East all has above .500 records, but I think they'll beat each other up and limp into the postseason. The Redskins seem like a paper tiger, the Eagles will hurt without TO, the Giants still have a year or so to go (Manning doesn't have his road games down yet), and the Cowboys...well, I just refuse to even enterain that notion ( ;) ).

Blake
11-09-2005, 01:41 PM
Ill take Giants and Chargers.

Think of the Publicity.

texasguy346
11-09-2005, 03:47 PM
Here's how I see it playing out.

The Colts face off at home against the Bengals for the AFC Championship. Indy wins and heads to the SB.

The Falcons face off with the *surprise pick here* Chicago Bears for the NFC Championship. Falcons go to the SB.

Indy tramples the Falcons in the SB.

FILO_girl
11-10-2005, 06:47 PM
I think Peyton may get his wish this year.

Indy and.....hmm...at this time I would say the Panthers.
Carolina was very under the radar until "cheerleadergate".

GoPats
11-11-2005, 01:28 PM
It's a HUGE longshot at this point, but I was really hoping for a Cowboys-Patriots Super Bowl this year. Bill Belichick and Tom Brady versus Bill Parcells and Drew Bledsoe... there are so many story lines with that it's almost too perfect. I realize there's not a lot of love for Dallas down in your neck of the woods, so forgive me for saying it. The Pats should still make the playoffs since the AFC East is such a mess, but who knows what'll happen with the Cowboys.

Of course, Manning vs. Manning would be interesting... but I agree with BigBull... I think I'd be throwing up by the first Thursday.

What I really think, though, is that we're going to see a Pittsburgh-Carolina matchup, with the Steelers coming out on top. Even if they don't get homefield, they've won more than 10 straight games on the road.

SheTexan
11-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Colts vs Seahawks!

StarStruck
11-11-2005, 07:36 PM
Colts and Cowboys

HomeBred_Texan
11-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Colts and Cowboys
I agree with this one, but would really like to see Pitt vs Cowboys, now that would be a super bowl game...

rmartin65
11-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Pitt VS. Atlanta

HowBoutThemCowboys!
11-11-2005, 08:29 PM
It's a HUGE longshot at this point, but I was really hoping for a Cowboys-Patriots Super Bowl this year. Bill Belichick and Tom Brady versus Bill Parcells and Drew Bledsoe... there are so many story lines with that it's almost too perfect. I realize there's not a lot of love for Dallas down in your neck of the woods, so forgive me for saying it. The Pats should still make the playoffs since the AFC East is such a mess, but who knows what'll happen with the Cowboys.

EXACTLY my prediction this off-season. Look at the storylines:

Team of the 90s vs. Team of the 2000s
America's Team vs. America's Team
Master Parcells vs. Apprentice Belichik
The young hot shot Brady (stole Bledsoe's job after Drew got injured) vs. Drew Bledsoe (looking for revenge)

GoPats
11-12-2005, 09:15 AM

The young hot shot Brady (stole Bledsoe's job after Drew got injured) vs. Drew Bledsoe (looking for revenge)

Yeah, exactly! Can you imagine the hype? And for once it'd be real hype, not two weeks of crap about TO's ankle!

We can still dream man. Who knows? :ok:

Bullpen Drew
11-12-2005, 11:54 AM

That would make a good storyline for sure, but don't see it happening...

WWJD
11-14-2005, 11:42 PM
If the Texans and Cowboys aren't in the game I won't even watch. And neither team will be.

gwallaia
11-15-2005, 12:16 AM
Colts-Seahawks

HowBoutThemCowboys!
11-15-2005, 06:02 PM
Yeah, exactly! Can you imagine the hype? And for once it'd be real hype, not two weeks of crap about TO's ankle!

We can still dream man. Who knows? :ok:

I know man! I can see it happening! The Pats are a clutch team, they'll be dangerous in the postseason, even if they are a wildcard.

Kaiser Toro
11-15-2005, 07:35 PM
Carolina vs Colts in a classic. For the first time ever there will be a co mvp from two different teams - Freeney and Peppers.

GoPats
11-16-2005, 10:26 AM
I know man! I can see it happening! The Pats are a clutch team, they'll be dangerous in the postseason, even if they are a wildcard.

It was nice to see Seymour and Bruschi on the field at the same time on Sunday. That's the first time all season we've had both those guys in the lineup. Granted it was the Dolphins, but it was a good win and hopefully they'll turn this thing around!

Awesome game for the 'Boys Monday. That was fun.

Good luck!

GoPats
11-16-2005, 10:28 AM
I am betting on Manning Bowl I

Colts Vs. Giants..

Wait a sec... just noticed the "1" in "Manning Bowl I."

I MIGHT be able to take one "Brother-Versus-Brother" matchup, but if there are multiple Peyton-Eli battles, I might have to start watching fishing shows on Sundays or something!

BigBull17
11-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Denver v. Carolina

Bullpen Drew
11-16-2005, 04:03 PM

I think the Pats chances for a 3 peat are looking bad....They has their time, but I think the Colts will represent the AFC for years to come...

TheOgre
11-16-2005, 04:57 PM
Wait a sec... just noticed the "1" in "Manning Bowl I."

I MIGHT be able to take one "Brother-Versus-Brother" matchup, but if there are multiple Peyton-Eli battles, I might have to start watching fishing shows on Sundays or something!

At least you can handle that duo once. If we get the Bill vs. Bill Super Bowl (Pats vs. Girls), then I will have to pass on watching a Super Bowl for the first time since the 1977 season (when I was 8).

GoPats
11-17-2005, 10:29 AM
At least you can handle that duo once. If we get the Bill vs. Bill Super Bowl (Pats vs. Girls), then I will have to pass on watching a Super Bowl for the first time since the 1977 season (when I was 8).

I think right now your odds are a lot better than mine!

Eli, Peyton, Archie... ug. Where's that vomiting smiley face icon when I need it?