PDA

View Full Version : Joey returns as Lions starter

Ihategeeks
11-03-2005, 01:50 PM
Garcia is too hurt to play.
So that puts Harrington #1...again

against the crap D of Minnesota. He'll throw 3TD and the Lions will give him a 10 year extension, because that is how this ***** team works.

beerlover
11-04-2005, 01:42 PM
if possible Garcia looked worse than Joey that last game :embarrass

people will have to accept that Harrington is the Lions best option at QB and try and win games. I also feel it probably helped him to watch from the sidelines a game to grasp needed adjustments to his own game. I've always felt that Joey can play in this league he just needs to relax & calm down a bit, something I've noticed that Carr has done as of late & it works :)

gotta go Eli Manning is on the Jim Rome show........:cool:

beerlover
11-04-2005, 02:26 PM
I did not watch the entire game and only caught parts of it but given the fact that they lost to the Bears 13-17, their 1st drive Garcia was sacked costing them field position and they missed the FG or that of his first 50 yards passing the Lions only scored 3 points, & the crown jewel when Tillman intercepted Garcia for 22 yards, touchdown, game over. stats only tell half the story plus your conveniently forgetting that he still had Mike Williams, Kevin Jones and Marcus Pollard :)

Ihategeeks
11-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Garcia has played leaps and bounds better than Joey Harrington.

infantrycak
11-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Williams has been a dissapointment so far and I did mention him. What has Kevin Jones done this year? Or Marcus Pollard for that matter?

Have you watched many of their games this year? I can understand Williams struggling to adapt to the game, but what is up with Jones? He looked pretty good last year--not Steven Jackson good (wow, he looks good), but better than his stats look this year.

Ihategeeks
11-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Not only do defenses stack the box vs Jones, they also don't have any worry of a deep *** because of this conservative offense.

There aren't any long throws, along with very , very, very few vertical passing routes.

The defense sits inside the first ten yards and swarms KJ.

He is still breaking 1 oe 2 tackles in the back field to get the yards he does get.

infantrycak
11-04-2005, 02:53 PM
Not only do defenses stack the box vs Jones, they also don't have any worry of a deep *** because of this conservative offense.

There aren't any long throws, along with very , very, very few vertical passing routes.

The defense sits inside the first ten yards and swarms KJ.

He is still breaking 1 oe 2 tackles in the back field to get the yards he does get.

Why does this seem familiar?

beerlover
11-04-2005, 03:37 PM
Domanick Davis 547 yds 3.9 avg. 1 TD. vs Kevin Jones 366 yds 3.0 avg. 4 TD's

Marcellus Rivers, Matt Murphy & Mark Bruener 6 rec. 74 yds no TD's
vs.
Marcus Pollard 16 rec. 239 yds 1 TD

Mike Williams 15 rec. 181 yds 1 TD, your right very dissapointing

swtbound07
11-04-2005, 04:33 PM
way to get them with them statistical thingys vinny! show them us texans can do math!

beerlover
11-04-2005, 04:55 PM
way to get them with them statistical thingys vinny! show them us texans can do math!

that was :sarcasm: to illustrate Garcia is even worse than Joey Harrington. bottom line the Lions are another franchise in trouble, and its clear to me its leadership at the top (Matt Millen) thats to blame. Harrington should never been a #3 pick, its not his fault :crying:

see Dwight Freeney, wait a minute we could have had Dwight Freeney dhoo :homer:

swtbound07
11-04-2005, 05:57 PM
i was joking....trying to point out the fact that most of the arguements on these threads dont generally have anyone trying to back them up with numbers....