PDA

View Full Version : Should Favre have retired?

WWJD
11-02-2005, 01:00 PM
I haven't seen a Packer game this year start to finish but I keep reading about the horrific year Brett is having.

I know he contemplated retiring last year when his wife became ill but obviously did not.

Opinions?

I like the guy...he's a fantastic player to watch and lots of fun. I hate for him to go down in such a lowly fashion but perhaps, in hindsight, he should have given it up already.

WWJD
11-02-2005, 01:12 PM
See that's what I meant....I haven't seen a Packers game but I am almost certain that he has had some really bad games or game....interception problems. I know they have a really bad offensive team which use to be the team strength.

Surely some things are not the QB's fault entirely but Brett is one of those I had hoped would go out on a good note and I guess I'm equating the team success or lack of with his own personal success.

He'll be missed when he retires anyway.

TEXANS84
11-02-2005, 01:27 PM
The Packers have lost both Green and Davenport, so their running game is decimated. I think Tony Fisher is the leading active rusher for them at 71 yards and 2.3 yards per carry.
Don't forget, they've also lost their pro-bowl WR Javon Walker for the season as well.

texasguy346
11-02-2005, 02:06 PM
True. I had forgotten about that. Wow, what a bad season for those guys.

He also lost two of his offensive lineman as well in Rivera and Wahl.

TheOgre
11-02-2005, 02:15 PM
The Packers really aren't that bad. They should be 3-4 or 4-3 instead of 1-6.

http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/schedule?team=gnb&year=2005

They have 4 losses by 3 or fewer points, a loss by 7, and a loss by 14. They just need to learn how to win the close ones.

Fiddy
11-02-2005, 02:43 PM
Don't forget, they've also lost their pro-bowl WR Javon Walker for the season as well. And dont forget that Favre is the guy that told Walker to come to camp and not worry about his contract...

Huge
11-02-2005, 02:55 PM
... yes ...

TheOgre
11-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Favre broke "Rule Number 1" of the Sportsman's Guide

Sportsman's Guide

Rule #1 - Never get involved in another player's contract issues.

Rule #2 - Never confess to any crime, no matter how guilty you look.

Rule #3 - Don't be gay, and if you are, don't tell anyone.

SESupergenius
11-03-2005, 03:44 PM
Time for Farve to pack it in, his team is going nowhere anyways. He must want some sort of record.

---Happy Birthday Huge

FILO_girl
11-03-2005, 06:29 PM
My Brett Favre is still one of the best.
The Pack are having a 'challenged' time. Like my #1 team. :texflag:

Go Pack!! You are still dear to me in the #2 position and Brett....you are my all time fave and the reason I started watching football in the first place.

Favre rules! No, he retires when HE wants to.
He is a football great and a fine American. :)