PDA

View Full Version : Halting the skid where it all began???

the wonger need food
10-27-2005, 08:14 PM
Anyone see this on the video clips?

The Houston Expansion Franchise has won 3 games in their last 15. Carr has thrown for over 200 yards 1 time (208 against a bad Chicago team) in that span. Stating that the Cleveland game in 2004 started this skid is an insult to our intelligence.

powda
10-27-2005, 08:19 PM
ur right. go back to denver last season. that was when i believe it happened.

Wharton
10-27-2005, 09:35 PM
Anyone see this on the video clips?

The Houston Expansion Franchise has won 3 games in their last 15. Carr has thrown for over 200 yards 1 time (208 against a bad Chicago team) in that span. Stating that the Cleveland game in 2004 started this skid is an insult to our intelligence.

I originally pointed to the Cleveland game as a turning point with this franchise. Its not to say that we didn't have our problems before the Cleveland game but it is the first time that I thought the PLAYERS gave up. Once the coaching staff looses the players, there is little hope of winning a game. Also, once a team accepts loosing the first time, its much easier to accept loosing the second time, and so on.

Beating Cleveland at home was a real possibility for the Texans, which would have lead to an 8-8 record. Maybe I should have said this when the downturn was obvious, but it was after all, the last game of the season and allot of teams were mailing in the game.