PDA

View Full Version : 2006 # 1 pick

bigcarlos
10-23-2005, 02:23 PM
So many scenarios....we need everything but a kicker or punter :brickwall

WiiBrawler
10-23-2005, 03:31 PM
and thats why your a rookie, Dunta Robinson, Andre Johnson, and Dominick Davis could start for any team in the league, we need o line, d line, WR, QB (Prferably Leinart), and a Linebacker

AlbinoRat
10-23-2005, 03:34 PM
This may sound crazy but...if Leonard Pope from Georgia comes out, he would provide some good blocking and a second reliable receiving target.

He's got the best hands of any tight end in the NCAA and when he goes pro will be in the top 3 TE's.

WildBlackBear32
10-23-2005, 03:43 PM
and thats why your a rookie, Dunta Robinson, Andre Johnson, and Dominick Davis could start for any team in the league, we need o line, d line, WR, QB (Prferably Leinart), and a Linebacker

I'm not quite sure DD could start over most of the RBs in the league.

Bubbajwp
10-23-2005, 04:04 PM
The First pick in the 2006 nfl draft will be decided week 16. Houston Texans at San Francisco 49ers. Who said that game was going to be a toilet bowl.

Fldvldog
10-23-2005, 04:12 PM
This may sound crazy but...if Leonard Pope from Georgia comes out, he would provide some good blocking and a second reliable receiving target.

He's got the best hands of any tight end in the NCAA and when he goes pro will be in the top 3 TE's.

Us Jag fans hope that Leonard Pope falls down to us, late in the first...

HardCoreTxn
10-23-2005, 05:11 PM
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- Defensive backs Charles Woodson and Derrick Gibson were knocked out of Oakland's game against Buffalo in the first quarter Sunday with injuries.
.................................................. .................................................. .....
I wonder if they'll give us back our draft picks for P-Burnt :cute:

Goldeagle
10-23-2005, 06:49 PM
Anyone who thinks the LESS MOBILE Lenhert will change things is a fool.

Trade the #1 to like #4 and take a OT

Then look for best player based on OLB, ILB, WR, and who really knows what system we will be playing next season with Capers on the way out.

BigBull17
10-26-2005, 08:10 AM
I'm not quite sure DD could start over most of the RBs in the league.
Please he gashes teams with this cardboard cutout of an offensive think if the blocking were good and we had a passing game or good gameplanners. Our sceme sucks *** and we have no adaptation in it. He could start or heavly contribute in alot of places.

Huge
10-26-2005, 08:37 AM
So sayeth the poster with 7 posts.

Run down the list of teams he'd start for (teams he might start for in bold)...

NFC West:
Seattle - Shaun Alexander
St. Louis - Steven Jackson
Arizona - Marcel Shipp
San Francisco - Kevan Barlow

NFC South:
Atlanta - Warrick Dunn
Carolina - Stephen Davis
Tampa - Carnell Williams
New Orleans - Duece McCallister

NFC North:
Minnesota - Mewelde Moore
Green Bay - Ahamn Green
Detroit - Kevin Jones
Chicago - Thomas Jones

NFC East:
Dallas - Julius Jones
New York - Tiki Barber
Philly - Michael Westbrook
Washington - Clinton Portis

AFC West:
San Diego - Ladanian Tomlinson
Kansas City - Priest Holmes
Oakland - Lamont Jordan
Denver - Mike Anderson

AFC South:
Indianapolis - Edgerrin James
Jacksonville - Fred Taylor
Tennessee - Chris Brown

AFC North:
Pittsburgh - Bettis/Parker/Staley
Cincinatti - Rudi Johnson
Baltimore - Jamal Lewis
Cleveland - Reuben Droughns

AFC East:
Buffalo - Willis McGahee
New York - Curtis Martin
Miami - Ronnie Brown
New England - Corey Dillon

Now of the teams not in bold, explain how they'd be dumb not to start Davis over their current starter.

Huge
10-26-2005, 11:14 AM
So Davis is a better RB than Kevin Jones because Jones is only averaging 2.9 this year? You think Detroit would be willing to give up on what Jones has to offer later in his career for what Davis brings to the table?

If you honestly believe that, we'll have to agree to disagree.

The reason everybody knows those guys' names is because of how they run...not the other way around.

Huge
10-26-2005, 11:36 AM
Jones was the most obvious example. So I'll cover the others you mentioned...

Curtis Martin - NFL rushing champ from last year
Stephen Davis - Advantage for Davis? Youth...that doesn't make him a better RB.
Mike Anderson - 12th in the league in rushing while splitting carries with Bell
Chris Brown - "When healthy", he's produced
LaMont Jordan - Only needed the opportunity...now he's proving why.
Corey Dillon - See Stephen Davis.
Jamal Lewis - See Stephen Davis.
Priest Holmes - See Stephen Davis.
Julius Jones - Has averaged over 94 yards per game for his career.
Fred Taylor - See Stephen Davis.

But again, if you honestly feel any of those teams would trade the players mentioned, then I'll view that as blind homerism and we'll just agree to disagree.

Huge
10-26-2005, 12:04 PM
Julius Jones has averaged over 94 yards per game over his career???? Talk about semantics. His CAREER is 13 games so far. Also funny how he hasn't even gained 94 yards in ONE game this year. Talk about blind homerism.

Because Kevin Jones is still young, I have to reserve judgment. Same would go with Julius Jones. But neither has done much so far.
So it's not okay to point out that he's averaged 94+ a game for his career because it's only 13 games but it's sound logic to say he "hasn't done much so far"?

[Guiness guy] Brilliant! [/Guiness guy]

Huge
10-26-2005, 12:10 PM
I liked this part also...

Talk about semantics. His CAREER is 13 games so far. Also funny how he hasn't even gained 94 yards in ONE game this year.
"THIS YEAR" has consisted of 5 games for Jones thus far (in which he's averaging just over 81 ypg...that averages out to a 1,300 yard season).

What were you saying about semantics?

Huge
10-26-2005, 12:41 PM
"When healthy", Jones has shown he can produce...at a high level. This isn't a blind homer fan speaking...this is simple fact.

Now if you feel that his broken shoulder that caused him to miss 8 games of his 23 game career or the sprained ankle that has left him out of the last 2 games makes him the lesser of the two RBs...again, agree to disagree.

Even if I take on the role of blind homer Cowboys fan (most that know me here would disagree to that description about me), do you really believe anybody else outside the cities of Dallas and Houston would make this same trade (Davis for Jones)?

Maybe the Falcons should consider trading the oft injured Michael Vick?

Huge
10-26-2005, 05:51 PM
By the way, I would not want Vick on my team. There are several QBs I would take over him. Peyton, Eli, McNabb, Brady, Hasselbeck, Palmer, Culpepper to name a few. Heck, Vick has fewer yards passing than Carr and only 100 yards more rushing.
How many wins does Carr have over Vick?

But yeah, there are several other QBs I'd take over Vick as well (but Culpepper is not one of them).

You forgot that Vick also has a decent D keeping them in games.
Take a look at the Falcons' winning percentage when Vick starts compared to when he doesn't. The same defense is on the field.

Huge
10-26-2005, 07:39 PM
Buffalo is doing better since Kelly Holcomb replaced Losman.
Washington has improved leaps and bounds since Brunell took over for Ramsey.
Detroit is 1-0 under Jeff Garcia.
St. Louis is 1-0 since Bulger's injury.
Arizona was 0-2 before Josh McCown became the starter. 2-2 since.

I'm having trouble thinking of other back-ups that have played due to injury/ineffectiveness.

Huge
10-26-2005, 07:51 PM
Fact remains...these teams have played better under their back-up QBs. Everybody was ready to annoint Matt Schaub the second coming after a solid pre-season a couple of years ago and a good game a couple of weeks ago (despite the loss).

Another fact is that Vick had his team in the NFC Championship game last year. Only 3 other QBs can say that. There were other teams with good offenses and/or defenses that can't.

Point is, it's not always about the numbers. Drew Bledsoe presently has more yards and TDs than Peyton Manning. Who would you want as your QB right now?

Huge
10-26-2005, 08:08 PM
Most would consider the game Schaub played (18 of 34, 298 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 112.1 rating) to be at a much higher level than what Vick could contribute. But yet they still lost.

For whatever reason, they play better when Vick is the QB and it has nothing to do with his statistics. That's something that's not measured on paper.

Personally, I think it's because defenses have to account for what Vick brings to the table and that opens up other options. Every now and then, he flashes an excellent passing game. So you do have to worry that he might put up good passing numbers. But how often do defenses have to worry that Peyton Manning is going to crack a 40 yard run?

As I said though, I would take other QBs over Vick as well. But that has nothing to do with him having fewer passing yards and only 100 more yards rushing than Carr.

LBC_Justin
10-28-2005, 02:39 PM
Do the Texans take a QB if they have the top spot?

Which Qb''s are going into the draft this year. Young? Vick?

Lienart, Young and Vick. If they all went into the draft this year, who do you pick?

Do we trade down and fill our roster with several top prospects for both the D-line and O-line? Do we need a new LB? What about WR?

Do we make a HUGE free agency push to help improve the drop in Season ticket sales that is surely going to happen?

Curious what you people think....

College Texan
10-28-2005, 03:38 PM
What would bring in revenue for the team would be us drafting ppl we want like DJ, although I don't really want him now.

ubecool454
10-30-2005, 04:00 AM
So sayeth the poster with 7 posts.

NFC West:
Arizona - Marcel Shipp

NFC South:
Atlanta - Warrick Dunn
Carolina - Stephen Davis
Tampa - Carnell Williams
Green Bay - Ahamn Green
Detroit - Kevin Jones
Chicago - Thomas Jones

NFC East:
Dallas - Julius Jones
New York - Tiki Barber

AFC West:
Oakland - Lamont Jordan
Denver - Mike Anderson

AFC South:
Tennessee - Chris Brown

AFC North:
Baltimore - Jamal Lewis

AFC East:
Buffalo - Willis McGahee
New York - Curtis Martin
Miami - Ronnie Brown

Now of the teams not in bold, explain how they'd be dumb not to start Davis over their current starter.
Domanick Davis is not better than Mwelde Moore or ruebuen droughns. He may be able to start over kevan barlow since they both seem to have had fumbling problems..marcel shipp i'm not sure..but i'm sure the guy has to have better breakaway speed than domanick davis. Davis was in the right place at the right time. This is a guy that didn't start in highschool except his JV year as a sophmore..and he didn;t start at LSU either..now he is a starter for a pro team...again..right place at the right time.

spence425
11-01-2005, 06:05 PM
Anyone who thinks the LESS MOBILE Lenhert will change things is a fool.

Trade the #1 to like #4 and take a OT

Then look for best player based on OLB, ILB, WR, and who really knows what system we will be playing next season with Capers on the way out.

agreed...if we get number one trade down a bit. get a vet OL for the trade, and pick a rookie stud OL in the first. followed by DL in the 2nd, WR in the third, and some defensive personel after that. OL is the biggest need. i think carr can do it if he has time to throw, and we have RB (d. davis and wells or morency as the backup) and WR1 (johnson with gafney a good #3) in the bag.

tulexan
11-01-2005, 06:37 PM
I have to agree about Mewelde, and it's not just because he is a fellow greenie like me. Mewelde Moore is very underrated. He is a great dual threat RB who unfortunately is on a team with like 4 other good RB's. Every time he gets a chance to play he usually performs well. He tore the Texans apart last year with 20 rushes for 92 yards and 12 catches for 90 yards.

rittenhouserobz
11-02-2005, 09:53 AM
I don't know how to say this, but the OL's for these other RB's are better. If you can show me the RB who had a worse OL and more yards then I will start listening. LT is the only RB I can think of who had a worse OL than DD a couple years ago and still performed. DD has performed behind this line many times. I am just afraid he won't know what to do once the Texans OL provides a gaping hole. I am afraid he will just stand there in amazement when that happens. Then he will start to wonder why he re-signed with a team that did not improve the OL personnel and switched schemes without improvement.

In regards to his fumbling problems, please tell me how many fumbles this year. I save you the trip to the stat counter. ONE fumble in 141 rushes. Lets check the top-rated RB's numbers. LT 2 fumbles in 167 carries , Shaun Alexander 2 fumbles in 152 carries, Edgerrin James 2 fumbles in 163 carries. comparitively speaking DD has performed on par with the rest of the best for fumbling. I just didn't want anyone spreading false rumours about DD.

Bubbajwp
11-02-2005, 07:17 PM
Their is no way we need a #2 WR more than we need LB and help in the secondary.
Texans needs Oline, LB, TE, S, WR/Dline
The order I would go in the draft.
1. Oline, LB
2. Other, Unless you pick a Oline then pick bpa out of oline and LB. If you take oline in the second round also. Then move LB to third round and move everything else down one.
3. TE, S
3. Other
4. Dline
5. Oline
6. WR

beerlover
11-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Their is no way we need a #2 WR more than we need LB and help in the secondary.
Texans needs Oline, LB, TE, S, WR/Dline
The order I would go in the draft.
1. Oline, LB
2. Other, Unless you pick a Oline then pick bpa out of oline and LB. If you take oline in the second round also. Then move LB to third round and move everything else down one.
3. TE, S
3. Other
4. Dline
5. Oline
6. WR

the way you take a #2 WR is if one just falls into your lap. its a draft and thats why you also have free agency and trades.

bigcarlos
11-06-2005, 03:11 PM
vince:texflag:

awtysst
11-06-2005, 03:21 PM
vince:texflag:

No NO NO.

OLINE
LB
OLINE
CB

Napa Auto Parts
11-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Vince Young if he comes out

and then O-line 2 thru 4

rmartin65
11-06-2005, 05:20 PM
I dont get why people want another qb to get ruined behind this line.

Napa Auto Parts
11-06-2005, 05:55 PM
I dont get why people want another qb to get ruined behind this line.

May be because they want one that actually has a chance to make it in this league unlike some fraud out of fresno state that we wont mention any names so we wont hurt any:homer: 's

edo783
11-06-2005, 09:48 PM
May be because they want one that actually has a chance to make it in this league unlike some fraud out of fresno state that we wont mention any names so we wont hurt any:homer: 's

MMMMMM, let me guess...you want Lionfart?

tulexan
11-06-2005, 09:53 PM
1. Ol
2. Ol
3. Ol
4. Bpa
5. Bpa
6. Bpa
7. Bpa

Napa Auto Parts
11-06-2005, 10:16 PM
MMMMMM, let me guess...you want Lionfart?

No Vince Young i used to want the great Matt Lion-hart but i rather have Young Any way any one would be a Major upgrade no doubt about that.:yahoo:

WildBlackBear32
11-06-2005, 11:06 PM
Some people are so clueless...

beerlover
11-06-2005, 11:16 PM
from GBN-

The NFL was the 'no-uspet league' this week with the result that the top of the 2006 draft board remains pretty much the same this week. Both Green Bay and Houston, the league's only two one-win teams, for example, lost again yesterday. The Packers found another way to lose a tough one falling 20-10 to Pittsburgh, while the Texans had Jacksonville on the ropes, but let it slip away in a 21-14 loss to the Jaguars. Which of the two would have the #1 pick in the 'if the draft were held today' selection order after this week's action will not be decided until after tonight's Monday night game between Indianapolis and New England. If the unbeaten Colts win, the Packers would hold onto the top pick for a second straight week. However, a Patriots win would push the Texans back into the #1 spot with Green Bay dropping to #2.

HomeBred_Texan
11-07-2005, 12:42 PM
This is ignorant. DD could not start for any team but the Texans..

He is a back up RB at best...

We need to draft Reggie Bush and watch the running game explode...

MorKnolle
11-07-2005, 12:48 PM
This is ignorant. DD could not start for any team but the Texans..

He is a back up RB at best...

We need to draft Reggie Bush and watch the running game explode...

Davis would not start for every team in the NFL but he would start for about half of them and is a fully-capable RB. I would find it hard to pass up on Reggie Bush's incredible athleticism if I could get him in the draft, but I would move him to WR to have him, Johnson and Mathis as the fastest WR trio in the NFL and have Gaffney's sure hands and run a lot more 3 and 4-WR sets. Either way I think the OL is a bigger issue that needs to be addressed and I would trade down if we get the #1 pick cause we don't need to use the #1 overall on an OL or Bush as we could probably get them anywhere from 3-8 and several teams will probably be wanting to trade up to get Leinart or, Brady Quinn if he comes out, Brandon Jacobs or even Reggie McNeal could go that high.

Vinny
11-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Davis would not start for every team in the NFL but he would start for about half of them and is a fully-capable RB. He would start for about 4-6 teams. I don't think it would be easy to make a case for him starting over the guys not in bold. I'll steal a post from Huge...

NFC West:
Arizona - Marcel Shipp

NFC South:
Atlanta - Warrick Dunn
Carolina - Stephen Davis
Tampa - Carnell Williams
Green Bay - Ahamn Green
Detroit - Kevin Jones
Chicago - Thomas Jones

NFC East:
Dallas - Julius Jones
New York - Tiki Barber

AFC West:
Oakland - Lamont Jordan
Denver - Mike Anderson

AFC South:
Tennessee - Chris Brown

AFC North:
Baltimore - Jamal Lewis

AFC East:
Buffalo - Willis McGahee
New York - Curtis Martin
Miami - Ronnie Brown

MorKnolle
11-07-2005, 02:05 PM
Most teams would not instantly start him, but he could battle for a spot on several more teams. While Denver and Pittsburgh are, I'm sure, satisfied with their currents RBs, I don't know if Davis is any worse than Mike Anderson or Parker/Staley/Bettis, and I personally think it would be scary to see him in those kind of offenses. I like Davis a lot, and I think a combination of him and Morency (I'd like to see Morency come in some to rest DD a little) and Wells as a bruiser RB is quite adequate. As I previously said, if I ended up with a pick somewhere between 4-8 and Reggie Bush fell to me, I would have a REALLY hard time letting him slip by. I would still probably use him primarily as a WR with his speed out there and I'm not sure he could be a 25 carry-a-game RB in the NFL, although if we had him I'd like to see him in the backfield a little as well. He is definitely a tantalizing and rare talent. I think RB is low on our list of priorty fixes, but Bush would be difficult to pass up. If we come away with a pick from 1-3 I think we should trade down, especially if we're at #1. With some of the QBs coming out this year I'm sure there are several teams, many of which will have picks in the 4-10 range, that would give up their first and at least one other pick to have their choice of the top two or three QBs in the draft, so we could trade down and still get a top OL or Bush.

Goldeagle
11-07-2005, 08:12 PM
I agree, we got a solid RB, WR, and QB, we need AN O-LINE!!!! Trade the #1 pick down to #5 or 6 and take a LT then and then casserly can waste the extra picks again on Tes or a 3rd string RB and QB (Ragone and Morency)

Scooter
11-08-2005, 01:31 AM
since it's agreed that the texans can only run block (does noone watch the games?), DD can only rush for 1000+ yards on our pathetic team. it's good to know that bush will destroy pittsburgh with our current offense. juking 2 guys behind the LOS, going "the bus" on every linebacker the opposition has, and outrunning ed reed. c'mon folks, reality has to set in sometime. had DD been drafted by the broncos he'd be a top 5 pick on everyone's fantasy league. with the texans he's hit behind the LOS more often than not and averages 4.1 yards a carry. we try the wholly pathetic sweep attempts, the obvious slash left audible, and have ZERO passing game to speak of, but yet DD isnt any good.

someone please argue that on any other legitimate offense that DD wouldnt turn that 4.1 into ATLEAST a 5.1. then add his receiving stats. please pretend for a second that we have a passing offense ... would it be impossible to assume that DD would have room to move because the db's are actually covering WR's? (nope, cant do that ... LT's the only one that's allowed to catch everything thrown his way and make a gain of it)

the biggest move to make before the draft is coaching staff. the biggest moves to make on draft day are talent. this is offensive line, tight end, linebacker, cornerback, safeties, fullback ... in that order. this draft is supposedly deep in the tackle position and we're (hopefully IMO, sorry) heading for a top 5 pick. trade down atleast once and grab the best OL available and as many picks as possible this (next) year in preparation for 07.

bigcarlos
11-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Vince Young:texflag:

Goldeagle
11-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Leinhart would get KILLED, he is slower than Carr.

Get an O-LINE, then draft an O-LINE and then trade for an O-LINe and then find a safety and a LB who DOES NOT PLAY OUT OF POSITION!

BuffSoldier
11-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Go get D'Brickshaw F.

bigcarlos
11-13-2005, 05:44 PM
:texflag: Vince:texflag: