PDA

View Full Version : Odds down to 12 and 1 we go 0-16

Marcus
10-23-2005, 11:22 AM
Better's World (http://www.bettorsworld.com/colts-odds.htm)

Seriously, I'm thinking of taking this bet.

At the other end of the spectrum are the Houston Texans, who appear in complete disarray after starting the season with five straight losses. Since no team has ever gone winless in a 16-game regular season, PinnacleSports.com is giving the Texans the benefit of the doubt, listing the team as an enormous 12/1 long shot to set the single-season record for most losses. The odds are clearly in the favor of Houston winning at least one regular season game this year, currently standing at 1/17.

"There are several reasons why no NFL team has ever finished a regular season with either an undefeated or winless record since the league went to a 16-game schedule in 1978 - the highly competitive nature of the league, long season, key injuries and difficult scheduling just to name but a few," said Simon Noble of PinnacleSports.com. "With upcoming games at New England and hosting Pittsburgh, it remains a long shot that Indy will go 16-0, but bettors appear to believe that the team's improved defense give the Colts the edge with a good chance to finish perfect. The Texans may be the worst team in the NFL, but history dictates that the parity between teams will get Houston at least one win this season."
Well, I just looked at the schedule again. I just don't see it happening, even against the 49ers, because it's an away game.

Put me down for 20 bucks. :rolleyes:

(I had to come back and put a smile in because I have it on good authority that some of you have lost your sense-a-tumors. :) )

Texas
10-23-2005, 01:41 PM
We will get at least one win. I am definite of that

D-ReK
10-23-2005, 01:48 PM
"We'll won't go winless, I guarantee it" - Steve McKinney

Marcus
10-23-2005, 01:58 PM
"We'll won't go winless, I guarantee it" - Steve McKinney

"We have one of the top 10 offensive lines in the league" - Steve McKinney

Marcus
10-23-2005, 05:23 PM
Wondering what the odds are now?

kevinjagsfan
10-23-2005, 06:42 PM
Better's World (http://www.bettorsworld.com/colts-odds.htm)

Seriously, I'm thinking of taking this bet.

Well, I just looked at the schedule again. I just don't see it happening, even against the 49ers, because it's an away game.

Put me down for 20 bucks. :rolleyes:

(I had to come back and put a smile in because I have it on good authority that some of you have lost your sense-a-tumors. :) )

I wouldn't throw down quite yet... you guys still play us twice, and for some reason... Houston ALWAYS shows up for Jacksonville.

Texans Horror
10-26-2005, 09:11 AM
I may be a :homer: , but I still think the Texans will go 6-10.

NativeJPR
10-26-2005, 10:34 AM
I would HATE to see us go winless................:texflag: .............Keep you fingers crossed and stay true to the flag:texflag: ............GET RID OF CAPERS & CO.

Texas_Thrill
10-28-2005, 01:15 AM
Is this our last ditch effort against the Browns? Our schedule doesn't looking promising here on out for any other wins. Will the browns be our one and only shot to avoid the record books? :texflag:

Texas_Thrill
10-28-2005, 01:21 AM
I forgot the 49ers are on the schedule. There is hope for us yet!!!!

Surely we are better than them. :yahoo: