PDA

View Full Version : Texans like Hodgdon's debut

nunusguy
10-22-2005, 12:05 PM
""Drew did an excellent job in that situation," coach Dom Capers said. "He's quick. He's very competitive. He wants to learn.
We didn't anticipate him playing as much as he did, so I'm sure he didn't, either. He's the kind of player we expect to get better each week. I'm sure he'll be more comfortable Sunday because he's got almost a full game of experience, and he knows he's going to start."
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3408343

bckey
10-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Here is what Football Outsiders had to say about Hodgdon's debut:

Drew Hodgdon did literally nothing well. I donít want to be too hard on a player stepping into his first game, but Hodgdon looks like the kind of guy who was drafted for his work ethic and attitude and is now finding that those attributes can get a player only so far. On first-and-10 from the Seattle 25-yard line, Hodgdon and Carr didnít connect on the snap, and as Carr bent down to grab the loose ball, Seattleís Chuck Darby shoved Hodgdon into Carr.

On running plays Hodgdon didnít get any drive. On passing plays he struggled to deliver the snap and get his hands up in time to block. This guy isnít ready for the NFL yet.

Hodgdon was flagged once for holding.

Football Outsiders link (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/ramblings.php?p=3073&cat=5)

bckey
10-22-2005, 12:32 PM
I'll be honest with you. I fell asleep watching the game because it was getting so ugly so I couldn't tell you who I agree with on how he played. I just posted their opinion because it was so different from Capers who puts a positive spin on everything.

Vinny
10-22-2005, 12:53 PM
Football outsiders gives consistantly bad reviews....I wouldn't hold up their opinions too high. After I reviewed the game he had some good moments and some bad ones...but the good ones outnumbered the bad ones pretty easily. He had a better game than Milford Brown...I wasn't impressed with Brown.

touttail
10-22-2005, 05:49 PM
Sure, he played some in preseaseon, they practiced Hodgon during the week with the starting offense, but that's nothing like some one getting injuried and throwing you to the wolves.
As a rookie having jitters, he probably did as well as expected. Hopefully the coaching won't screw him up. He should have a decent carreer.

bobby 119C