PDA

View Full Version : Will This Get Me Better??????

thefuture17
10-21-2005, 08:07 PM
Do you think taping Pro and College football games and then studying them will help me get better at footall and like become a better QB.What should i look for and study in these games to be a quarterback.Thanks in advance and i need this guys with highschool coming up next year i want all the college scouts looking at me

thefuture17
10-22-2005, 12:05 AM
who ever is your coach is, you can bet he'll let you know what he wants out of you.. So don't go in there with your head full of playing the game pro style. Stick with building
your speed, quickness, and keeping in football shape. :cool:
thanks but if it will help me i need to do because ino im great [not being conseeded] but i need to be better if i want to make it anywhere coming from a small state new hampshire

Fiddy
10-22-2005, 12:14 AM
Just dont watch any Carr film...

ledzeppelin229
10-22-2005, 05:01 AM
Hey, there are plenty of [sack] records to be set emulating the play of David Carr.

Huge
10-22-2005, 12:08 PM
Do you think taping Pro and College football games and then studying them will help me get better at footall and like become a better QB.What should i look for and study in these games to be a quarterback.Thanks in advance and i need this guys with highschool coming up next year i want all the college scouts looking at me
Don't just tape games. Tape games of QBs that fit your abilities (ie: If you can't run like Vince Young, don't tape a lot of Texas games). The things you can pick up on are footwork, throwing motion and hiding the ball (playaction, misdirection, etc.). Footwork to a QB is not how well they run the ball but how they set their feet when throwing. If you want a really good example of this, watch Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. They've got the best feet in the business. Manning is also the best at hiding the ball. Not as great as the all-time king (Boomer Esiason) but he's the best today.

To keep their arms in condition, baseball players play "long throw" where they're constantly playing catch from great distances. This help builds up their arm strength as well. I would recommend doing this (with a football of course) at least twice a week.

Other than that, get as many reps in as you can.

Bubbajwp
10-23-2005, 07:46 PM
Carr should be retiring in about ten years so dont forget about the Texans.