PDA

View Full Version : If we had the first pick...

BuffSoldier
10-10-2005, 05:04 PM
If the season were to end right now then, obviously, we would have the first pick in the draft. With this years draft being so deep at LT, giving us a shot at Ferguson, McNeill or Winston even if we trade down.

Now I think that Ferguson is the top O-lineman in the draft, if not the top player overall, but since I know that his injury has turned up some noses, then i think that even if we trade down to #5 or 6 then we still may be able to get him, but even if we didnt we would probably be able to aquire an extra 2nd and maybe a 3rd too, and come away with McNeill or Winston. Right now I think that that would be the best decision seeing as someone will want to move up in the draft to get Matt Leinart with that top pick. :texflag:

edo783
10-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Trade as far down as we can and still stay in the top 15 (2 or 3 times if we can) get as many picks as we can and then pick the top O-lineman (LT), then the best TE, then another O-lineman (C or RT). After that, look for a likely #2 if Mathis hasn't played out at that point.

texan279
10-10-2005, 05:18 PM
When we get the first pick in the draft this season, there will be a few teams wanting Leinhart bad, I think Jets will need a QB next season. I say trade down to #2 or #3 just to be sure and take Ferguson. Problem with this is we would have to find someone willing to trade up from 5 or higher to the 1st spot. It's not like we could trade down to #10 or #15 and still get Ferguson. When we get the 1st pick, if our FO doesn't take Ferguson or another elite O lineman, my head will explode...

Blake
10-11-2005, 06:47 AM
I asked Scott Wright what he thought about that senario, and this was his response:

"If the Texans end up with #1, Matt Leinart isn't out of the question. I have heard rumors that Carr might be sent packing if they decide to clean house following this season (and I think he is due a huge bonus soon as well). If not Leinart then I think a left tackle is the most likely scenario for them, probably D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

As for those trades, I think the Babin deal still makes sense but they grossly overpaid for Buchanon."

I also asked him what he thought about the trades now.