PDA

View Full Version : Capers on SR610 now .....

Runner
10-10-2005, 03:04 PM
Great - first thing he does is confuse symptom with problem.

Runner
10-10-2005, 03:05 PM
He also says we need to protect better!

eriadoc
10-10-2005, 03:06 PM
" ... execute ..."

" ... give yourself a chance to win ..."

" ... gotta protect better ...."

touttail
10-10-2005, 03:07 PM
He said our biggest problem was give aways---take aways!

HELLOOOOOOOOOOO Capers---Earth to Capers,
you have no defense, and your Offensive Line can't block for Carr. :homer:

bobby 119C :brickwall

Runner
10-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Won't know till tomorrow how to improve protection. They need meetings.

Suggested agenda item 1: Replace Riley

Runner
10-10-2005, 03:09 PM
He said our biggest problem was give aways---take aways!

HELLOOOOOOOOOOO Capers---Earth to Capers,
you have no defense, and your Offensive Line can't block for Carr. :homer:

That was what I meant by confusing symptom with problem.

mean mark8
10-10-2005, 03:10 PM
Capers is only going to state the same thing he's been saying for 3.25 years, we just have to work on our technique and fix our problems. So long as we are in a game in the 4th quarter, what more could you ask for?? (Something that resembles an entertaining football game? What blasphemy).

Hookem Horns
10-10-2005, 03:10 PM
I am shocked he is taking calls. Someone call in and ask him if he reads this board.

infantrycak
10-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Zero consideration to benching Carr so folks might as well quit with that for a while.

Runner
10-10-2005, 03:12 PM
He did point out that while we were 0-13 on 3rd down we did convert by penalty once and converted on a 4th down.

Runner
10-10-2005, 03:13 PM
I am shocked he is taking calls. Someone call in and ask him if he reads this board.

I think I could answer that - no. He wouldn't take us as seriously as we take ourselves.

swisher
10-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Has he talked about how great of a game Stanley had yet?

ArlingtonTexan
10-10-2005, 03:17 PM

Show would be interesting only if there were calls like the posts here. I think that organiztion really needs answer directly to the fans for a poor product. Then again Mavk V. nipped that in the bud before the show started with something along the lines of football calls only not a gripe session.

Peldon
10-10-2005, 03:20 PM
He likes what they did on first and second down but not what they did on third down. If you do well on first and second down, shouldn't a first down be that much easier to pick up on third? Maybe his next gameplan will include taking any third down out and going directly to fourth.

Runner
10-10-2005, 03:24 PM
He doesn't worry about getting fired, and neither should the players, if they always do the best they can.

Runner
10-10-2005, 03:25 PM

He reiterated this.

powda
10-10-2005, 03:26 PM
scoreboard! pissed caller made it on!

Jester
Now that is a genius statement. Glad to see that Dom is paying attention. :brickwall

Runner
Caller asking why O-line is terrible again, why O-line coach is promoted, why we waste draft choices. (One of us?)

Capers says hang in there, we'll work our tails off to get better.

Peldon
He doesn't worry about getting fired, and neither should the players, if they always do the best they can.

They should all be worried if that is the case.

Paragon Blue
10-10-2005, 03:27 PM
nice call Pendry is awful and was promoted. :yahoo:

OzzO
He did point out that while we were 0-13 on 3rd down we did convert by penalty once and converted on a 4th down.

Okay, I'm not sure to take you serious on that one or not.... with what I've heard from him in the past, I wouldn't be surprised.

powda
"well ummmm, we dont look really smart at 0-4."

ya think?

Runner
10-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Okay, I'm not sure to take you serious on that one or not.... with what I've heard from him in the past, I wouldn't be surprised.

Seriously - he made those two points when asked about being 0-13 on 3rd down.

Runner
10-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Caller asking why O-line is terrible again, why O-line coach is promoted, why we waste draft choices. (One of us?)

Capers says hang in there, we'll work our tails off to get better.

Bringing this to page 2. Now I know what to do - hang in there!

Peldon
10-10-2005, 03:30 PM
Yeah that time schedule is the thing that's gonna kill us.

Runner
10-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Caller calls Caper hard worker and brilliant. Wants team to take on that character.

Follows up with clock mgt question at end of half.

Capers worries about giving ball back in good field position. Capers said maybe we should have let the clock run down.

We need a follow up question - why not use your time outs and attack?

Hookem Horns
10-10-2005, 03:33 PM
First butt kisser caller has made it on.

Peldon
10-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Caller calls Caper hard worker and brilliant. Wants team to take on that character.

Wow...just wow.

swisher
10-10-2005, 03:39 PM
What do you have to say about the execution of your offense?

I'm all for it.

- John McKay

Runner
10-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Darn! I've got to go.

Peldon
10-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Capers said the punt on 4th and inches in the 4th quarter with 6 mins left was the right decision and it worked out for them. Yeah that really worked out for you coach.

infantrycak
10-10-2005, 03:48 PM
For the 200th time Capers says Armstrong has the best hands on the team. Of course the brilliant thing to do then is to have him in the game for "a handful of plays." Nice.

powda
10-10-2005, 03:52 PM
lmao!

Paragon Blue
Freakin hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!

powda
coach when can we expect u to get fired?

great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HoustonFan
Wow!!!! Gotta love Houston fans. "Coach when can we expect you to be fired?"

Damn!!!!! lol

Peldon
10-10-2005, 03:53 PM
I can't believe he got through the the call screening, that was great.

swisher
10-10-2005, 03:55 PM
so what was Capers' reply?

Jester
10-10-2005, 03:56 PM
That was my first thought.

ArlingtonTexan
10-10-2005, 03:57 PM

He laughed and went into a getting my best effort to turn this around trite statement.

Wolf
10-10-2005, 03:57 PM
Somewhere Chris Palmer is laughing

powda
10-10-2005, 03:58 PM
he chuckled at first but remained very composed...im impressed with his reaction. but his answer was the same old jibberish about 100% effort...etc.

Wolf
10-10-2005, 04:06 PM
he chuckled at first but remained very composed...im impressed with his reaction. but his answer was the same old jibberish about 100% effort...etc.

same song different verse he says.. always effort .. you can't put a round peg in a square hole (which is what the texans are doing)

nunusguy
10-10-2005, 04:19 PM
he chuckled at first but remained very composed...im impressed with his reaction.
I to was impressed with Capers composure. Frankly I want Capers gone to and were all gonna get our wish soon most likely, but as far as I'm concerned the guy who callled in was a jerk, real classless.

Khari
10-10-2005, 04:24 PM
but as far as I'm concerned the guy who callled in was a jerk, real classless.

I agree......who does that crap? :thumbdown

Bobo
10-10-2005, 04:28 PM
I to was impressed with Capers composure. Frankly I want Capers gone to and were all gonna get our wish soon most likely, but as far as I'm concerned the guy who callled in was a jerk, real classless.

My wish is for him to stay and in all likelihood I will get my wish at least through the 2006 season.

belars44
10-10-2005, 04:30 PM
My wish is for him to stay and in all likelihood I will get my wish at least through the 2006 season.

We already know of your wishes. I wish you would start talking any kind of football without trying to bait arguments just because you are a bored man.

Hervoyel
10-10-2005, 04:55 PM

Back to your Titans board little troll.

HardKnockTexan
10-10-2005, 04:59 PM
He doesnt have to do the show but I'm pretty sure Mr. McNair strongly suggests that he does. The Texans get VERY little airtime. They need all the exposure they can get. I'm always happy when I hear Texan talk on the radio but I'm not going to bow down and kiss Capers feet for gracing me with a few minutes of his time.

HoustonFan
10-10-2005, 05:04 PM
I agree , I have jumped on the Fire Capers bandwagon, I felt bad for Dom. He doesn't have to do the show. It's cool he has been a good sport and done the show for the 4 weeks. I really like Dom, just think we need to go in a new direction.

True. Capers does seem like a good guy, but as far as head coach of our team, it's just not working. I did a lol about the fan that called and asked that question, but that was messed up.

aj.
10-10-2005, 05:51 PM

He also said that he was unaware that they hadn't converted a third down until after the game. Now if Jeff Fisher is aware of some obscure free kick rule don't you think our coach should be aware of how he's doing on third down conversions as they occur?

Like many of you I really like the guy and truly want him to succeed, but...

Vinny
10-10-2005, 05:52 PM
He also said that he was unaware that they hadn't converted a third down until after the game. Now if Jeff Fisher is aware of some obscure free kick rule don't you think our coach should be aware of how he's doing on third down conversions as they occur?

Like many of you I really like the guy and truly want him to succeed, but...I wonder if Capers just forgot it was on page 3 of his notepad?

Wolf
10-10-2005, 05:53 PM

Like many of you I really like the guy and truly want him to succeed, but...

heck yeah.. I am sure Stanley could tell him how many 3rd downs we had
:cool:

dalemurphy
10-11-2005, 05:51 AM

I admire Capers. He is a man that deserves great respect. He treats people with respect and is a man of honor and integrity.

Unfortunately, he needs to be fired. He has lost the ability to be successful here. Also, it's quite apparent that the collaberation between Casserly and Capers is an utter failure.

touttail
10-11-2005, 06:02 AM
coach when can we expect u to get fired?
great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Mark VanDemere was going to have a heart attck on the radio when the caller said what he said. :rofl: Capers should not be babied by Sportsradio610.

touttail
10-11-2005, 06:08 AM
What's your guys take on this?

Coaching Change

Okay Bob McNair, what do you do? You know something is amiss right now.

#1-------Do you try to make it through this year hoping for the best? A
complete turn-a-round!
#2-------Do you fire Casserly the GM?
#3-------Do you fire Capers?
#4-------Do you fire both Casserly and Capers?
#5-------Do you wait till mid-season before making a change?

I say #3 you fire Capers now! Why wait to the end of the season or even mid season. It's quite obvious, you have no defense, you have no offensive line that can block. I say hire Gary Kubiak NOW. He can start his program right now(not a totally revamped offense) but something. Okay, you wait until the end of the year, hire Gary Kubiak, you have wasted this year, now you are going into the next 2006 season for some rebuilding. Why waste any more time? Four years is down the drain, get Gary now!!!! Let him start NOW trying to put the wheels back on this team.

bobby 119C

Exascor
10-11-2005, 06:18 AM
I say #3 you fire Capers now!So who is going to be the interim HC if you fire Capers now? Pendry? Wow! From coaching the o-line to HC! Fangio? No turnovers and on pace for 16 sacks. No thanks. Don't even try Hoke or Brown leapfrogging to the top. How would any of them be an improvement? Our best "interim" HC was fired before the BYE week. Capers should finish the year and be released @ 7pm Jan 1st.

Texans Horror
10-11-2005, 06:20 AM
CC and his staff are bucolic in the way they are handling this situation. This isn't some pastoral scene with little sheep bounding around - this is American Football, and it has to be treated like American Football. You have to be strong and dominant. Capers is showing no such effort - not on the field, and not in his interviews.

touttail
10-11-2005, 06:58 AM
So who is going to be the interim HC if you fire Capers now? Pendry? Wow! From coaching the o-line to HC! Fangio? No turnovers and on pace for 16 sacks. No thanks. Don't even try Hoke or Brown leapfrogging to the top. How would any of them be an improvement? Our best "interim" HC was fired before the BYE week. Capers should finish the year and be released @ 7pm Jan 1st.

I'm saying bring Kubiak over now. Don't wait till the end of the year.

bobby 119C

Exascor
10-11-2005, 07:02 AM
I'm saying bring Kubiak over now. Don't wait till the end of the year.

bobby 119CWell that's the problem. You can't hire a coach away from another team during the season.

Grid
10-11-2005, 07:56 AM
wait till the end of the season. The only excuse for firing capers now is to appease bloodthirsty fans. no good would come of it.

I didnt hear the show but judging by this thread it sounds like it was interesting.

I like Capers.. I dont know why I should have to say that though.. who doesnt like Capers? Yah I want to replace him.. but I dont want to pee in his gas tank or anything. All he is done is the best he could.. it just so happens that his best wasnt enough to get this team to where it needed to go. Not his fault.. not everyone can be a successful head coach.

I dont hate anyone in the Texans organization..player or coach.. no one has done anything to earn hate. Just some people arent performing like they are supposed to.. some people have the wrong attitude.. some people arent doing their job.. its not lazyness.. it just happens.

No one has any good excuse for "hating" anyone.

Anyway.. I hope McNair realizes that just being a good guy.. and knowledgable about football.. isnt enough to be a good head coach. Capers isnt providing the right attitude for the players, and bad decisions, and "lack of execution" has created a lack of trust between the players and coaches. A team cant win like that.. so we need to bring in some people who can light a fire under our players and get them beleiving in the system and putting 110% in the game again.

BigBull17
10-11-2005, 07:59 AM
Show would be interesting only if there were calls like the posts here. I think that organiztion really needs answer directly to the fans for a poor product. Then again Mavk V. nipped that in the bud before the show started with something along the lines of football calls only not a gripe session.
Until they start playing football all we have are gripe sessions :texflag: