PDA

View Full Version : 7 round texan mock draft

F-minus67
10-09-2005, 07:28 PM
1) OT Marcus McNeill, Auburn - an athlete with amazing size(6'9" 337lbs) who knows how to finish blocks.

2) DE/OLB Darryl Tapp, Virginia Tech - a proven playmaker who can get to the QB in a hurry, this years David Pollack.

3a) CB Will Blackmon, Boston College - this pick give the hope for the future in case Buchanon can't improve.

3b) TE Jeff King, Virginia Tech - King has the size(6'5" 246lbs) to block as well as be able to make the hard catches.

4) DT Kwakou Robinson, Virginia - Robinson is reunited with London and has a lot of experience in a 3-4.

5) OG Matt Lentz, Michigan - a guard who can do it all and will take over for Wiegert when he hangs it up.

6) WR Maurice Stovall, Notre Dame - a huge(6'5" 220lbs) target who will make his living in the endzone and over the middle

7) S Tyrone Culver, Fresno St - a solid safty who could eventually stick with the team.

F-minus67
10-09-2005, 07:30 PM
Feel free to leave your imput.

Vinny
10-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Don't forget to trade 2, 3a, 3b and rd4 for Justin Fargas and Oakland's 3rd round pick in 2006

Hervoyel
10-09-2005, 07:40 PM
Don't forget to trade 2, 3a, 3b and rd4 for Justin Fargas and Oakland's 3rd round pick in 2006

That's right, you can't be a Certified Draft Genius Riverboat Gambler Type if you aren't willing to trade the whole draft for that one player who can put you over the top (and a pick to trade with later!)

powda
10-09-2005, 08:18 PM
1. o-line
2. o-line
3a. o-line
3b. o-line
4. o-line
5. o-line
6. o-line
7. punter

draft analysis:

A++

the texans finally address their porous line issues. brilliant. also 05 sadly marked the end of punter chad stanley's carreer. after setting the nfl record for punts in a season he had carreer ending hyper-extended-ingrown-athletes foot-knee contusion-ittis.

in other news casserly sets a trend of cost cutting measures by drafting at least 1 player from a medical school to help the training staff. 7th round picks are after all cheaper then most doctors and its comforting to have players with the versatility to play both ways.

Elite
10-09-2005, 09:06 PM
1 Matt LionHeart
2-5 O line
6-7 O-line

BuffSoldier
10-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Why are people so down on D'Brickashaw Ferguson. I understand that he is only like 300 pounds, but if thats the only problem then thats a stupid reason to take someone else over him. He has the best footwork and quickness in the draft, which is a must if you are going to play D'Wight Freeny twice a year, and he can always gain weight.

Johnny Utah
10-10-2005, 07:19 PM
Mel Kiper has Marcus McNeil sliding out of the top 5 Tackles in his college football positional rankings.

wags
10-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Mel Kiper has Marcus McNeil sliding out of the top 5 Tackles in his college football positional rankings.

Kiper lost me last year when he had Dan Cody as the #1 player overall. I do believe McNeil is not a top ten pick though.

McNeil was given a third round grade by the advisory committee last year. I'm not sure what D'Brick would have got, but it had to be better than a third round grade.

D-ReK
10-10-2005, 07:47 PM
1) OT Marcus McNeill, Auburn - an athlete with amazing size(6'9" 337lbs) who knows how to finish blocks.

2) DE/OLB Darryl Tapp, Virginia Tech - a proven playmaker who can get to the QB in a hurry, this years David Pollack.

3a) CB Will Blackmon, Boston College - this pick give the hope for the future in case Buchanon can't improve.

3b) TE Jeff King, Virginia Tech - King has the size(6'5" 246lbs) to block as well as be able to make the hard catches.

4) DT Kwakou Robinson, Virginia - Robinson is reunited with London and has a lot of experience in a 3-4.

5) OG Matt Lentz, Michigan - a guard who can do it all and will take over for Wiegert when he hangs it up.

6) WR Maurice Stovall, Notre Dame - a huge(6'5" 220lbs) target who will make his living in the endzone and over the middle

7) S Tyrone Culver, Fresno St - a solid safty who could eventually stick with the team.

Here's my input: McNeill doesn't have the quickness to play LT in the NFL; if Tapp is this year's Pollack, he won't be available in the 2nd round; Blackmon wants to play WR full time so I don't see us drafting him at CB; King is alright, but I'd rather have Tim Day; Robinson is too weak to play NT, even at 330 pounds, and not quick enough to be an effective 3-4 DE; I like Lentz; someone will take a chance on Stovall before round 6 -- if not, he would be an absolute steal there; I haven't seen enough of Culver to pass judgement on him...

Personally, my picks would go something like this:
1. D'Brick Ferguson, OT, Virginia
2. Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia
3a. Greg Eslinger, C, Minnesota
3b. Ced Griffin, CB, Texas
4. Manny Lawson, DE/OLB, NC State
5. Dale Robinson, ILB, Arizona State
6. Montavious Stanley, DT, Louisville
7. Rhema McKnight, WR, Notre Dame

F-minus67
10-10-2005, 08:54 PM
The reason why I didn't pick Ferguson is that he recently injured his knee and I didn't know the extent of it.

Holden135
12-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Im not an expert on judging o-lineman so i will leave that for you guys to argue but i would love Tapp at olb. I think he could easily be a 10+ sack man year in and year out but i wouldn't be surprised if he were gone by our second round pick.

F-minus67
12-08-2005, 12:11 PM
I made this mock a while ago and it was before I realised that McNeill was going to be a RT at the next level.