PDA

View Full Version : For All The Carr Lovers

yaboycm
10-09-2005, 04:44 PM
With disregard to injuries, name the teams David Carr would start for.

I would say possibly the Ravens, Cleveland, Buffalo, Dolphins, Arizona, SF, Detroit, and Chicago.

8. 8 Teams.

So basically, we have at best the ninth worst starting QB in the NFL.

Not DT, FS, RG, C, FB.

Quarterback. A pretty impotant position.

Our quarterback is AT BEST the ninth worst quarterback in the NFL.

This doesn't account for the backups such as Volek, Kitna, etc who are better than Carr.

And you say we don't need a new QB.

Please.

I know we need O-Lineman too.
Don't come with that one.

When compared to the rest of the starting QBs in the league, Carr is at best the ninth worst starting QB in the NFL. That's all I'm saying. If you have a guy who is at best the ninth worst at his position, you should look for someone to take his spot.

MorKnolle
10-09-2005, 04:50 PM
I disagree, Carr would easily start for Baltimore, Buffalo, Cleveland, Miami, NY Jets, Arizona, Chicago, Detroit, San Francisco, Tampa Bay, and Washington, at least.

tulexan
10-09-2005, 04:57 PM
when you have the worst line in the league, your quarterback looks much worse than he actually is. it is kind of hard to play well when you get sacked once the ball leaves the center's hands. look at all of the top teams and you will see that they all have excellent offensive lines. priest holmes wouldn't score 28 touchdowns behind the texans offensive line. kurt warner wouldn't have had that ridiculous season behind the texans line. peyton manning wouldn't have thrown 49 touchdowns behind the texans line. all great offensive players (except barry sanders) had great offensive lines. the cowboys of the 90's had those huge o-line players, the redskins had the hogs, and every other dominant team had a dominant line. if you want to build a team the right way, you start with the o-line first.

yaboycm
10-09-2005, 05:00 PM
I disagree, Carr would easily start for Baltimore, Buffalo, Cleveland, Miami, NY Jets, Arizona, Chicago, Detroit, San Francisco, Tampa Bay, and Washington, at least.

Personally I would take Holcombe, Pennington, Orton, Griese, and Brunnell over Carr. The others, it's not that I think Carr is better than them. They just aren't a step up, even if it is a little step. In Orton's case I think he has more upside.

WildBlackBear32
10-09-2005, 05:05 PM
Personally I would take Holcombe, Pennington, Orton, Griese, and Brunnell over Carr. The others, it's not that I think Carr is better than them. They just aren't a step up, even if it is a little step. In Orton's case I think he has more upside.

Where exactly is Holcombe playing that you would take him over Carr?

HoustonFan
10-09-2005, 05:08 PM
No QB would shine behind the O-line of the Texans. Not even a superbowl champion QB.

yaboycm
10-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Where exactly is Holcombe playing that you would take him over Carr?

I think Buffalo beat the dolphins today and beat the texans earlier this year in a game where losman played better than carr. so buffalo might have two guys who are either better or have more upside than carr.

TEXANRED
10-09-2005, 05:13 PM
With disregard to injuries, name the teams David Carr would start for.

I would say possibly the Ravens, Dolphins, Arizona, Tampa, Detroit, and Chicago.

6. 6 Teams.

So basically, we have at best the seventh worst starting QB in the NFL.

Not DT, FS, RG, C, FB.

Quarterback. A pretty impotant position.

Our quarterback is AT BEST the seventh worst quarterback in the NFL.

This doesn't account for the backups such as Volek, Kitna, etc who are better than Carr.

And you say we don't need a new QB.

Please.

I know we need O-Lineman too.
Don't come with that one.

When compared to the rest of the starting QBs in the league, Carr is at best the seventh worst starting QB in the NFL. That's all I'm saying. If you have a guy who is at best the seventh worst at his position, you should look for someone to take his spot.

Please dont take this the wrong way, your post, is ignorant. Carr isnt sucking by himself, the whole team sucks. From the guy who collects towles to the man who writes the checks. This is a collective sucking effort.

You cant tell me this is all Carrs fault. Did you wittness the two minute drill when Carr received the ball from center and was put down three straight times? Explain to me how that is his fault? He was sacked six times in the pocket, not because he held on to the ball to long. The line dosent block, the running backs dont block, the tightends cant block,the receivers cant seem to find a way to get open. At the rate we are going we are going to give up 96 sacks this year. Tell me how you are supposed to be effictive when your receivers just go and run the rout but never try and get open? Some of these sacks are coverage sacks cause no one even attempts to get open. And yes that includes Andre"I cant catch the football when hit in the hands"Johnson.

I hope we trade Carr this year. The reason is not cause I hate Carr, I am a huge fan. He needs to be given the oppertunity to have a good carreer. And he will. Just not with Houston cause protecting Carr is not on casserly's agenda.

Our defense sucks just as bad. I get tired of every team scoring at least 28 points on us. No sacks, no turnovers. Its almost like they dont even care.

So you know who's real fault this is? McNairs. Why? He is the one who writes the checks to keep this team employed every week.

tulexan
10-09-2005, 05:30 PM
The Bills won because they have a great defense and Willis McGahee.

SESupergenius
10-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Aand who's line would ours be playing for? Probably less than the number of teams Carr could play for.

WWJD
10-09-2005, 05:48 PM
Well it's obvious that any team the Texans play is going to line up and try to get to Carr and often. If you shake them up early they don't bounce back.

They need to keep a back in to pass block (although I saw DD blow a block today and it ended up in a sack of David)

Drew Bledsoe said he didn't even take any hits today against a tough Eagles D. And the Cowboys had an awful O line last year. Somehow they managed to get some guys in there and they seem to be doing a much better job protecting the QB. If they can do it so can the Texans.

Ibar_Harry
10-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Well it's obvious that any team the Texans play is going to line up and try to get to Carr and often. If you shake them up early they don't bounce back.

They need to keep a back in to pass block (although I saw DD blow a block today and it ended up in a sack of David)

Drew Bledsoe said he didn't even take any hits today against a tough Eagles D. And the Cowboys had an awful O line last year. Somehow they managed to get some guys in there and they seem to be doing a much better job protecting the QB. If they can do it so can the Texans.

Parcells coached teams have always protected the QB. Coach knows how to do that......................

WWJD
10-09-2005, 05:52 PM
Well he can fix it definitely..this year is proof of that but they were awful last year.

I am trying to think but I think they have maybe 3 new guys on that line. Definitely Rivera from GB which was a FA pick.

I know if the Texans are smart they can patch up this line for next year. I think this year is a wash already.