PDA

View Full Version : Win 1's coming--soon?

TexanExile
10-09-2005, 12:31 PM
The next few weeks for the Texans:

at Seattle
Indy
Cleveland
at Jacksonville
at Indy
Kansas City
St. Louis
at Baltimore

When does the first win come, if not against the Titans? I dunno

Texans Horror
10-09-2005, 12:33 PM
I've been wondering the same thing. The next best chance is Cleveland at home, but realistically, at this point what we are looking for is that one team who will so overlook the Texans that we beat them. That is looking like our best opportunity...a team who forgets about the Texans... :brickwall

Proteus
10-09-2005, 12:36 PM
I hold no hopes for this team. Win #1 will come next season after a fresh lineup.
~Proteus

Elite
10-09-2005, 12:40 PM
WoW Houston Vs Cleveland the battle of the two future hall of famers out fresno state Trent The Great Dilfer Vs David The Fraud Carr.

evil_scotsman
10-09-2005, 12:40 PM
The next few weeks for the Texans:

at Seattle
Indy
Cleveland
at Jacksonville
at Indy
Kansas City
St. Louis
at Baltimore

When does the first win come, if not against the Titans? I dunno

Seattle - Doing very good right now. Shaun Alexander will run all over us.

Indy - The offence from last year with an even better defence.

Cleveland - Romeo Crennel's working wonders down there, they'll beat us.

Jacksonville - They're also really good.

Indy - Yup, again

KC - Same as Indy

St Lious - The D is suspect... but the offence is far too good.

Baltimore - Possibly. They've got more problems than us.

outofhnd
10-09-2005, 12:44 PM
I think one team that has it worse than us is the oakland raiders. after watching dallas and Oak. and how they have top tier talent but they get penalized everytime the ball is snapped i think i would go crazy atleast with houston we know we dont have the roster depth to be looked at as a real winner. Oakland made so many changes everyone was thinking superbowl. and got their first win by luck. i think i would be a little miffed.

Proteus
10-09-2005, 12:48 PM
WoW Houston Vs Cleveland the battle of the two future hall of famers out fresno state Trent The Great Dilfer Vs David The Fraud Carr.

David The Fraud Carr? I like that. That is exactly what he is. We wasted a first pick overall on that guy?? Good thinking on our part. David The Fraud Carr :yahoo: ... thats good stuff!

Texas
10-09-2005, 01:56 PM
No way in hell we can beat the baltimore ravens...Sorry but no

rmartin65
10-09-2005, 01:59 PM
i hope the Texans win before this but i say the Cards

rmartin65
10-09-2005, 02:04 PM
We don't play Arizona this year.
yea we do. week 15

rmartin65
10-09-2005, 02:06 PM
no problem. i do that all the time

GoJags16
10-09-2005, 02:13 PM
I think sooner or later yalls team is gonna get pissed off enough to actually upset someone. Could even be this week. If not then maybe Cleveland, Im not sold on them yet. Just as long as its not my Jags (again, twice) then Im good to go.

You could do us Jag fans a favor and play spoiler to the colts like you did to us last year :)

touttail
10-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Seattle went on a tear today scoring 35 points, beat them at home, nope.
Indy-no way!

We will be lucky to beat Cleveland, but I say that will be our first win.

bobby 119C :goodnight

TexanExile
10-09-2005, 04:28 PM
I'm not holding out much hope that the Seattle game will be win 1, but I think that the Cleveland game COULD be an emotional key. It was that team that humiliated the Texans in the last game of the season last year, and that's pretty much where this downhill slide started.

If not Cleveland, it'll be either Tennessee or one of the Jax games. It's hard to beat a team twice in one year in the NFL (unless you're looking at the Colts/Texans record, of course) and I do think at some point pride will become an issue for the Texans. Division games are good spots for emotion-driven wins, but I can see Cleveland being that kind of emotional do-or-die point too.

Maybe it's those dying embers of optimism I still keep trying to heat up. I have to believe..... :texflag: I just can't believe that my fan-hood is being reduced to looking for A win instead of the "next" win. Ouch.

J-Storm
10-09-2005, 05:25 PM
January 1st, 2006! That will our 1st and only win of the season I'm sorry to say. We'll beat the 49ers and even then we'll need all the luck we can get I'm sure. Cleveland, we won't beat on any of the performances we have thrown at opposition so far this season. And I actually tried to be realistic about teams like Seattle, Baltimore but either the teams we face have a better defence then our offence or vice versa or they beat us in both departments...