PDA

View Full Version : Passing Game

rmartin65
10-07-2005, 05:11 PM
The Texans passing game is not good. Its averaging 87 yards a game. Thats only 1392 yards a season. Is the problem Carr, the recievers, the line, or the play calling?

LORK 88
10-07-2005, 05:18 PM
the o line

Bongo59
10-07-2005, 05:31 PM
my bet is the texans throw alot this week..................were bad back there and i expect us to be scoring alot...........

Double Barrel
10-07-2005, 06:59 PM
A weak OL, position players than can't seem to pick up their blitzes, and a shell-shocked QB.

I think the playcalling was a little questionable with Palmer, and the jury is still out on Pendry (which showed signs of improvement with actually getting first downs on the opening drive!).

Crank_It_Up
10-07-2005, 07:16 PM
the passing game would improve if Carr will throw it to Gaffney more often

Bull Pen 1
10-07-2005, 07:20 PM
I say bench David Carr and play Dave Ragone.

Double Barrel
10-07-2005, 07:55 PM
You gotta' watch it, though, because the last thing we need to have is a QB that gets his potential shell-shocked right out of him from being sacked 2-3 times a quarter.

done88
10-07-2005, 08:51 PM
The Texans passing game is not good. Its averaging 87 yards a game. Thats only 1392 yards a season. Is the problem Carr, the recievers, the line, or the play calling?

YES!!!!
They have to fix all three to be successful. Everyone wants to put the blaime on one specific thing. It the whole team. Either they learn to play as a team with emotion and execution or they will continue to fail. Let Peek rattle a few cages during practice. Let Travis Johnson ruffle a few feathers during practice. The team needs to work through some type of adverse situation to pull it close together. Weather that be losing or something else I don't know. But the talent is there. The most successful teams are the ones who play together on and off the field.

MorKnolle
10-07-2005, 08:53 PM
I say bench David Carr and play Dave Ragone.
Ragone is not very good, he completes more passes to the defense than the offense during practices.

rmartin65
10-08-2005, 03:58 PM
yeah, i dont think ragone is as good as some say he is.

F-minus67
10-08-2005, 04:47 PM
I think that blame should be spread around equally. Carr has regressed from last year, the o line is on the verge of incompitence, the WRs haven't seemed like they learned the plays or routes. I mean the only people on offense who have been earning their money is Dom Davis and Moran Norris.

Bottle-O-Bud
10-08-2005, 05:42 PM
A weak OL, position players than can't seem to pick up their blitzes, and a shell-shocked QB.

I think the playcalling was a little questionable with Palmer, and the jury is still out on Pendry (which showed signs of improvement with actually getting first downs on the opening drive!).

there it is..... the guy sums it up. We are also dropping passes is critical plays. Passes thrown between the numbers. We have starters that would no way start in any other team in the league.