PDA

View Full Version : Texans FAVORED by 3 this Sunday?

disaacks3
10-07-2005, 10:36 AM
Yes, you heard right....the Texans are actually FAVORED by three points against the Titans. Link to Odds page (http://covers.msnbc.com/data/nfl/game/nfl_lines.html)

Is anyone else as amused as I am at this prospect? Was it that POWERFUL showing in Cincinatti? Are the Titans really that bad? Does somebody think Reliant Stadium is enough of an edge?

Please give your theories...

PapaL
10-07-2005, 10:42 AM
We are talking about our Houston Texans, right? Sweeet. Always have to go with Houston in the BudBowl

infantrycak
10-07-2005, 11:04 AM
The Titans have about much offense as we do,

If you call 110 more yards per game (about 55% more) and 9 more points per game (about 110% more) about the same then sure. But, they do have a whole lot less than the Bengals.

Fiddy
10-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Dont we get 3 points for playing at home???

Crank_It_Up
10-07-2005, 11:23 AM
We will win on Sunday, I'll be at the game, gonna score some tickets soon. Bud will hang his head once again, all is right with the world :)

touttail
10-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Dont we get 3 points for playing at home???

The Refs owe us a "fumble-not a forward pass" ruling like Cincy got. Also they owe us a "pass interference on Petey endzone call", giving us the ball on the one yard line, like Cincy!

bobby 119C :texflag:

BengalStripes
10-07-2005, 02:15 PM
I've got $100 on the Texans this week. You guys will win this game by double digits.

Sorry for still hanging around your board. LOL. But like I said before we played last week - I like the Texans.

And you guys are right : The refs definitely owe you at least 1 call.

TheOgre
10-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Home teams usually get the spread adjusted 3-4 points in their favor. If we were playing in Tennessee, the spread would probably be Titans -3.

Double Barrel
10-07-2005, 02:36 PM
We're gonna' win this Sunday...I can feel it in my bones.

And if we don't...0-4...yikes, this place is going to be fu-gly! Lynch mob mentality will prevail, without a doubt.

z0rpAn
10-07-2005, 02:49 PM
I agree 100%. If we don't win this, we might not recognize our home town team anymore.

Porky
10-07-2005, 02:52 PM
I agree 100%. If we don't win this, we might not recognize our home town team anymore.

Home Town Team? Heck, we might not recognize our Home Town. :tomato:

Vinny
10-07-2005, 02:52 PM
I dont think it is a must win, but I think it is a must play well, said Carr, whose team showed improvement in a 16-10 loss at Cincinnati last week."

Oye :brickwall

We are on national tv next week...if we lose to the tacks and then stink it up on National TV in Seattle...we wont sniff national tv for years...nobody will schedule what they will perceive as this decades verson of the Bengals.

Zorpan, I see the "Fire Capers Club" is growing.

rmartin65
10-07-2005, 03:28 PM
still, its nice being the favorite

El Tejano
10-07-2005, 04:30 PM
It's because I am going to the game.

Double Barrel
10-07-2005, 04:40 PM
We are on national tv next week...if we lose to the tacks and then stink it up on National TV in Seattle...we wont sniff national tv for years...nobody will schedule what they will perceive as this decades verson of the Bengals.

Man, I thought how nice it was to get two Sunday night games this year when the schedule was announced. I drank the koolaid and believed this was the year! :crying:

You're right about that, though...get ready for noon games for the next decade.

Zorpan, I see the "Fire Capers Club" is growing.

I didn't even realize that it wasn't Herv posting until you said that! Avatars are so recognizable that I'm going to get confused when the majority of members join that club! ;)

Crank_It_Up
10-07-2005, 06:21 PM
speaking of the Titans, remember when Bud had a game canceled due to faulty astroturf?

No other owner deserves to lose as much as Bud, with the exception of Jerry Jones.

Is this a must win? I don't care if it's our only win all year, WE MUST WIN THIS GAME!!!!

Malloy
10-08-2005, 01:14 AM
Improvement by the Texans last week against Cincin (albeit not a whole lot), plus the fact that the Titans and McNair are awful atm. Especially McNair is going to be a big ?-factor due to injuries and such. I see him falling apart and quitting after this season. Titans might lose all just to get a shot at Vince Young next year.

I have that feeling too, I think we're going to win! (pretty please, let it be a wipeout) :)

Vinny
10-08-2005, 06:30 AM
McNair isn't awful nor is he a quitter. He is a winner and he is a great NFL QB.

Malloy
10-08-2005, 08:49 AM
McNair isn't awful nor is he a quitter. He is a winner and he is a great NFL QB.

I don't see him as a quitter, but he seems cronical injured and... he IS geting older. I would love to see him keep going for a few more years, but I think the injuries might persuade him into quitting.

Vinny
10-08-2005, 08:53 AM
I don't see him as a quitter, but he seems cronical injured and... he IS geting older. I would love to see him keep going for a few more years, but I think the injuries might persuade him into quitting.Before he got really hurt last year (missed 8 games) he started his last 60 of 64 possible games. He hasn't missed a game this year either.