PDA

View Full Version : our problem "zone blitzing"

HardKnockTexan
10-06-2005, 10:49 AM
Capers is suposed to be a 3-4 mastermind. Using zone blitzes to confuse offenses. I'm curious why it seems like our players are lost when playing zone. There seem to be far too many holes in our zone coverage schemes. I'm not even going to get into the lack of a pass rush, but when droping 8 guys into zone coverage, it shouldnt be as easy for oposing teams to complete passes as it has been. I'm wondering if anyone knows the details of zone coverages and why our players have such a hard time executing them.

El Tejano
10-06-2005, 11:03 AM
If you look back at some of Capers successful defenses of the past he had some really good DLs on them. So if he sent one LB he was still sending four very capable pass rushers. He doesn't have that luxury here and because of that our zone sucks.

the wonger need food
10-06-2005, 11:11 AM
How many times over the past couple of seasons have we seen the LB's with their backs turned to the QB running toward a WR? And Junior Ioane should never be back in pass coverage... ever.

Of course, when a WR has 10-15 seconds to find one of the open pockets in this zone it's like shooting fish in a barrel. I just don't understand why this team cannot get any pressure on opposing QB's unless they bring corners and/or safeties.