PDA

View Full Version : Would you be more happy if we win or lose?

gtexan02
10-05-2005, 09:57 AM
On Sunday, versus the Titans, would you be more happy with a win or a loss? A win could spark the players and create a nice rebound of confidence and play ability and we could gain some ground on our woeful 0-3 record. On the other hand, a win may validate McNair and thus allow Capers+Casserly to claim they have things in control when its really just the poor play of the Titans that allows us the win. Which would you prefer?

the wonger need food
10-05-2005, 10:01 AM
This week is a no-win situation. If they win against an equally cruddy Titans team it doesn't really show us anything. If they lose they just solidify their spot as the league's laughing stock. Unless a loss motivates McNair to make some changes and get a head start on next season there is nothing good that can come out of this game.

HardKnockTexan
10-05-2005, 10:01 AM
anyone who hopes we loose doesnt deserve to call themselves a Texans fan.

Texans Horror
10-05-2005, 10:02 AM
I'm always for one in the win column.

LBblitz
10-05-2005, 10:13 AM
This should not be a question. Of couse I pick win. Why else would I watch something that I enjoy knowing that I will be dissapointed? I mean, that is why we are fans and we watch the game...to hope our team wins and to be entertained. Why would anyone want their team to lose because they want someone to be blamed for it? (If they want them to lose its really isnt their team). That is just selfish and almost ignorant. I know for a fact that I wouldnt watch any football games if I knew only one team was going to win and one team was going to lose because the main reason football is so popular is because on any given gameday...anyone can win/lose.

Whoever votes for us to lose this week should not watch anymore games because more than likely they are just passing by from jumping from one bandwagon to another.

Sorry for my frustration but I have finally had enough of all the extreme negativity. There is a fine line between constructive and destructive criticism...and anyone rooting for a loss is nowhere near the border.

Double Barrel
10-05-2005, 10:33 AM
I agree with the above sentiments wholeheartedly. Rooting for your team to lose is the height of negative apathy. I can't fathom a fanatic wishing his team to lose games, regardless of the perspective.

Can you imagine the Astros earlier this season when they were 15 games under .500 acting like this? Jeesh, teams can rebound, and I do not doubt the football karma smiles on those cities who's fans keep a positive outlook. It doesn't mean you have to be blind, but be constructive in your criticism instead of creating emotional outbursts.

Exascor
10-05-2005, 10:42 AM
Unless a loss motivates McNair to make some changes and get a head start on next season there is nothing good that can come out of this game.I know this might be hard for you to think of but...the best thing that could happen in this game is for the team to get some confidence and turn this season into something respectable. I still hope that the team can pull a rabbit out of the hat and make it to the playoffs. That's not realistic this season but I will always hope that the playoffs are the end result of our regular season. Try to post something postive just once. It won't hurt you...much. :woot2

Disclaimer: All opinions within this post are expressed with the knowledge that Exascor feels that Capers' time has come and gone, Casserly should probably be let go, the Palmer firing was the right thing to do and Fangio should have been let go 2 years ago.

ThaShark316
10-05-2005, 10:57 AM
LOL @ it being a no-win situation playing Tennessee. *laughs*

the wonger need food
10-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Try to post something postive just once. It won't hurt you...much.

Come'on, I've posted like 3 or 4 positive things over the past year

Unfortunately there hasn't been a whole lot of positive things going on with this organization for quite some time. When McNair brings in the right people to get this thing headed in the right direction you will see plenty of positive posts from me.

ThaShark316
10-05-2005, 11:01 AM

Unfortunately there hasn't been a whole lot of positive things going on with this organization for quite some time. When McNair brings in the right people to get this thing headed in the right direction you will see plenty of positive posts from me.

[Lee Corso] NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND! [/Corso]

The day wonger posts something positive will be the day Byron Leftwich runs a 4.38 in a 40.

touttail
10-05-2005, 11:03 AM
Titans 1-3
Texans 0-3

If the Texans don't win against a mediocre team such as the Titans, what would this do to their conficence?

The Texans gotta and will win this game!!!!!!!

bobby 119C :texflag:

the wonger need food
10-05-2005, 11:03 AM
[Lee Corso] NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND! [/Corso]

The day wonger posts something positive will be the day Byron Leftwich runs a 4.38 in a 40.

Man, don't make me go back through all of my threads...

Here ya go, here's one from today... post (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=12975&page=2)

Exascor
10-05-2005, 11:21 AM

Unfortunately there hasn't been a whole lot of positive things going on with this organization for quite some time. When McNair brings in the right people to get this thing headed in the right direction you will see plenty of positive posts from me.I wish I could disagree but I can't. I'm not an optimist by any means. I feel I'm a realist. You just phrase things different than I would is all. hehe

wonger: This week is a no-win situation. If they win against an equally cruddy Titans team it doesn't really show us anything. If they lose they just solidify their spot as the league's laughing stock. Unless a loss motivates McNair to make some changes and get a head start on next season there is nothing good that can come out of this game.

Exascor: This is a tough week. If they win it could be the beginning of a turnaround that could propel them back into the playoff race. If the Texans lose it will be almost impossible for them to recover from. Losing to a weak Titans team may have a silver lining though. It may force Mcnair's hand and get the ball rolling for more staff changes.

Hervoyel
10-05-2005, 12:23 PM

It's called "tough love". I'd have thought that a fan calling himself "HardKnockTexan" might be albe to grasp that concept.

GoJags16
10-05-2005, 12:27 PM
Just win baby. I dont care if you guys are playing the Ruxford Raggedy Anns, just win. A win for your team could give them a spark, as this is a divisional foe and somewhat of a rivalry. Its not over for you guys yet, but your team needs to ''start choppin'' (nice one JDR) and start now.

Crank_It_Up
10-05-2005, 06:17 PM
A win against the tennessee traitors ranks up there with making the playoffs, one can only hope to get a glimpse of Dud Adam's depressed face after the loss on Sunday.

I hope our fans scream their heads off.

Go Texans!!! :fans:

profan
10-05-2005, 06:34 PM
This week is a no-win situation. If they win against an equally cruddy Titans team it doesn't really show us anything. If they lose they just solidify their spot as the league's laughing stock. Unless a loss motivates McNair to make some changes and get a head start on next season there is nothing good that can come out of this game.

If they win, it shows we are not the worst team in the league, it will build some confidence going into Seattle for another win. I don't care who you beat, every win in the NFL is of importance. Any fan who would want the team to lose is not really a fan.

Yvette
10-05-2005, 06:42 PM
Guess I'm not a Texan fan ;)

Elite
10-05-2005, 07:00 PM
Well i hope we loose but only for the better of our franchise I want a top 1 pick anything else is unacceptable :texflag:

awtysst
10-05-2005, 07:45 PM

well said.

thegr8fan
10-05-2005, 07:53 PM
gee would I rather hit my thumb with a hammer or not? idonno:

Gee, I don't know. Wait let me go and get my hammer and find out. :brickwall

do I want a win or a loss, what, are you kidding me? :rolleyes:

Lucky
10-05-2005, 07:59 PM
Gee, I don't know. Wait let me go and get my hammer and find out.
May I borrow your hammer when you're done? I'm aiming for the temporal lobe.

thegr8fan
10-05-2005, 08:08 PM
May I borrow you hammer when you're done? I'm aiming for the temperal lobe. mine, yours, or his? :heh:

Nighthawk
10-05-2005, 08:42 PM
It's not about this game, it's about Capers, Fangio, Pendry, Casserly, and the whole bunch. Anything -- ANYTHING -- that encourages mcNair to keep any of these bums is a disservice to this team now. I know it sounds like heresy, but think a minute--we come up with a strong performance and a solid win and all of the sudden people start thinking maybe Capers is THE GUY, maybe dumping Palmer was ALL THAT WAS NEEDED, maybe Casserly's shopping over the last few years WAS REALLY PRETTY GOOD AFTER ALL. The best thing we could do is lose by three touchdowns and force McNair into action NOW.

thegr8fan
10-05-2005, 08:54 PM
The best thing we could do is lose by three touchdowns and force McNair into action NOW. the best thing for WHO exactly? The fans, who would know that the entire season was over after firing the entire management team? The owner who would lose money cause the fans weren't going to the games cause the season was over with the firing of the entire management team? The players who would have to start from scratch after losing the entire management team?

who exactly is this the 'best thing' for?

people take a reality check here. We are ONLY 2 games behind the AFC wild card contenders. That's it. And we have already had our bye week and most of them haven't. The best '2nd place team' in the AFC is 2-2 and a couple of them are going to make the wild card. It isn't like every other team in the NFL is 4-0. Most aren't even 3-1. Look it up right here NFL standing (http://www.nfl.com/standings)

and no this isn't a homer post who thinks that our current team is going to the Superbowl this year. But I am also not going to think that a loss is ANYTHING resembling something positive to the team, players, fans, owner, or organization. That is just insanity.

the wonger need food
10-06-2005, 04:57 AM
Off topic but since other people have touched on the subject of Wonger being negative he has admitted to being a Colts fan before "2002". He signed up the week we played the Colts at home last year (Game 13).......
Thread (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?p=60997#post60997)

Let the beating begin. Can't wait to hear about how they just couldn't do anything against that pesky cover 2. This coaching staff has to go if we're going to see any progress.

Good stuff Brando. Believe me, I wish I were a Colts fan. That is some fun football to watch.

The thing that cannot be denied is that I am usually right. They had 125 passing yards that game and blamed all their woes on the Cover 2, like always. And now people are finally starting to realize that the coaching staff is hindering the progress of this team.

chuckm
10-06-2005, 05:02 AM
The thing that cannot be denied is that I am usually right.

Does this go beyond Texans football? If so, what are your thoughts on this weekend's lotto?

bckey
10-06-2005, 08:05 PM
quite a few posters like a good cry, and a chance to vent... a win could knock them out of their.. I could do better than the whole staff and we should have pick what's his face faze.. turning these nuts loose on their own friends & family. The costs to nut huts in town could go sky high.. Who could they Fire, their own Moms? I worry about the two I have on my ignore list. Already those Astro "fans" who claimed that we stunk, are in hiding. :texflag:

You cry and vent but it is about you being a better fan than someone who complains when they see something wrong.

COOL V
10-06-2005, 08:11 PM
A win would be nice, but not likely. Even against Tennessee. We will lose more games this year than last year. I kind of want to lose so we could finally get rid of Capers and his band of Merrymen. Who's the Defensive Coordinator? No one right?? We are going to make one of Tennessees' Defensive players look like Lawrence Taylor Reborn because our line Stinks. Teams see us on their schedule and think Great that's 7 sacks for us. It's sad, but true. What will Bob Mcnair do??? Enquiring Minds Want To Know.

Cool V says Tenn 33 Hou 13

Scooter
10-06-2005, 08:27 PM
i wont ever hope for a texans loss. here's to completely dismantling the titans. i completely agree with wonger though. in the long run it's a no-win situation, all it shows is that we can squeak out a win against a team decimated by the salary cap & a shell of it's former self. if we lose, well ... we lost to such a team and have to sit through it the rest of the season.

i find it funny though, a post a couple days ago asked if we'd blamed every single member of the organization already and all that's left to attack was other fans. i'm assuming it was in jest at the time, but here we are.

Texas_Thrill
10-06-2005, 09:13 PM
I hope the players WIN and the coaching staff loses. Is that possible? No but its what I wish for b/c the last thing I want to hear from DC is that he's turned things around.

But like Herm says....WE PLAY TO WIN THE GAMES!!!!

I root for nothing less.

William.carter
10-07-2005, 05:46 AM

I couldn't agree with you more!